“Very good”

Ranked #72 of 867 Hotels in Bangkok
Washington
“Very good”
Reviewed February 17, 2014

The hotel is clean and well located. The breakfast is excellent as well as the lobby is very spacious. I was impressed by the kindness of the employees and their will to assist and anticipate your needs. We'll come back

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Nina S, Manager at Amari Watergate Bangkok, responded to this review, February 18, 2014
Dear 10Nedo,
What a lovely review! Thank you for your comments, I am thrilled to read that we were able to provide you with a memorable experience and I do look forward to welcome you back soon in your now home in Bangkok.
Nina

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,015)
  • Arabic first
  • Turkish first
  • Vietnamese first
New York City, New York
Reviewed February 16, 2014 via mobile

I've stayed here at the Amari Watergate Bangkok five times. This is by far my favorite and personally I think one of the best top hotels in Bangkok. Whether you are staying for a short visit or a long visit, it is well situated and located in central Bangkok close to public transportation and nightlife. Each of my stays here have been consistent and enjoyable. The best part is the breakfast buffet! It's excellent and we'll worth it. The staff is always courteous and professional and friendly.

Front desk check in and check out is friendly and easy. Jonne Den Ouden is one of the best employees and a new friend of mine. She is beautiful and friendly and very professional and is a great addition to the Amari family. I look forward to seeing her and the rest of her colleagues again soon!

Stayed February 2014, traveled solo
Dear mgroux,
Thank you for taking the time and writing such a lovely comments about our property I am delighted to read that you have enjoyed your time with us.
Thank you for your loyalty and I look forward to welcome you back in your home in Bangkok
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed February 16, 2014

I stayed at the Amari Watergate Bangkok on 24th and 25th January. The hotel was as I expected comfortable and of a very high standard but I wanted to specially comment on the outstanding and helpful service from all staff I encountered - from the doorman to reception to the concierge to the people who clean the rooms, to the people at the pool. I can't remember when I have stayed in a hotel with such consistently outstanding service from all staff. I would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
Dear trishanddoug,
We would like to thank you for your kind words. We are elated to hear that you had terrific stay with us. Our staff is truly our greatest asset and we are so happy that you felt well taken care of and we look forward to welcome you back soon in your new home in Bangkok.
Geneva, Switzerland
Reviewed February 16, 2014

I stayed three nights in Bangkok at the Amari Watergate Hotel. This hotel is very well managed with exceptional cleanliness, excellent food, and staff that are very attuned to satisfying guest needs. It is run with Swiss efficiency and excellence (the manager is Swiss), combined with the Thai special touch!

I had arranged a limo service with the hotel--they picked me up at the airport and whisked me away to the hotel in a profession way. I stayed on the executive floor and my room was very comfortable, quite, and clean; the check-in was without hassle and fast. The executive lounge was a very nice add-on, including free drinks in the afternoon. The wellness facilities were also fantastic. The buffet for breakfast and lunch has enough Thai and western options to please the most discriminating palate. Also, the conference facilities were suberb. I used the hotel for business; however, it felt like I was there more for pleasure.

In all, highly recommended. A safe bet hotel! (just like a blue-chip stock)

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Nina S, Manager at Amari Watergate Bangkok, responded to this review, February 16, 2014
Dear John A,
Thank you for your lovely review, I am delighted to read that you had an enjoyable experience during your recent stay
Again thank you for your comments and on behalf of the rest of the team here at Amari Watergate Bangkok, I do look forward to welcoming you back soon.
Reviewed February 15, 2014 via mobile

If you want to reach the main shopping centers in bangkok its good to stay in this hotel but a disadvantage of the this is being in the very noisy place of the city and in is not clean. The hotel was not clean too. Beds were'nt comfortable and the breakfast was mostly asian and indian style

Stayed February 2014
Dear Mina E,
Thank you very much for taking the time to write about your most recent stay with us. We are always thankful for constructive feedback as we learn from it to continuously improve ourselves; I wish you would have let us know about your challenges during your stay so we could have investigated it more thoroughly while you were here.
Once again thank you for your feedback and I do hope to welcome you back soon.
Hokitika
Reviewed February 14, 2014 via mobile

Loved the bed! Sooo comfortable. Rooms and bathroom very clean! Great to have power adapters in the rooms for our nz appliances. Light system was a bit confusing (someone else mentioned this in their review too). Staff very friendly but getting extra towels did take four phone calls. Thai restaurant was wonderful. Location was perfect, shopping mall straight across the road. Wish we could have stayed longer, would definitely recommend.

Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
Nina S, Manager at Amari Watergate Bangkok, responded to this review, February 15, 2014
Dear Lyndahoki,
Thank you for taking the time and writing about your recent stay. I was pleased to read that you enjoyed your experience especially our Thai on 4 restaurant and that you were able to make the most of our advantageous location. Please rest assured that we took your constructive criticism very seriously and it has been addressed with our team.
We look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit to Bangkok
Paris, Ile-de-France, France
Reviewed February 14, 2014

This hotel took my breathe away - the quality of the rooms, friendliness and helpfulness of the staff, and their attention to details are just a few of its many charms. The spa massage was amazing - after the jetlag, I was energized and ready to go for intensive training sessions!!!! The Executive Lounge is one of the best that I've experienced anywhere - the ambiance is calm with a great view overlooking the city, a relaxing atmosphere, and a good happy hour with a wide selection of drink and eats, as well as a very attentive staff who work hard to ensure that everyone has a nice time.
Make sure to add the Amari Watergate on your "to do" list!

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Dear Erma M,
Thank you for taking the time to post your comments on TripAdvisor.
I was delighted to read that you had a holiday to remember, and have enjoyed our Spa and Executive lounge and that this was mainly due to the attentiveness from our team.
Thank you once again for your lovely review and I do hope to welcome you soon in your now home in Bangkok