“High level of service”

Amari Watergate Bangkok
Ranked #73 of 879 Hotels in Bangkok
Reviewed August 3, 2013

Good hotel with great service. The breakfast buffe is really good and large. The only negative part is that our non-smoking room smells a bit smoke, my suspicion is that its been a smoking room before.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Nina S, Manager at Amari Watergate Bangkok, responded to this reviewResponded August 14, 2013

Dear Granen
We would like to thank you for your kind words; we are delighted to know that you have enjoyed your recent stay. We took your comments under consideration and have notified our team to investigate further.
We really appreciate you taking the time to comment about our property and do hope to host you again soon in your new home in Bangkok.

There are newer reviews for Amari Watergate Bangkok

Reviewed August 1, 2013

I strongly recommend the Amari Watergate to all looking for accommodation in Bangkok. The staff are the most friendly & helpful & will accommodate to your needs. I have stayed there 5 times over the years always travelling with female family & friends & we feel totally safe. The renovations to the executive lounge are very tastefully done and it's a pleasure when staff take the time to come & speak with you. The rooms are spacious, comfortable & nicely decorated the meals are also amazing. There are many markets within walking distance along with shopping centres & department stores. We are already planning our next holiday and will certainly be staying at what we call our "Home Hotel" the Amari Watergate.
Desley

Room Tip: Corner suites are large and offer a spectacular view at night
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
Nina S, Manager at Amari Watergate Bangkok, responded to this reviewResponded August 2, 2013

Dear Desley O,

We are delighted to read your review. It gives us great pleasure to know that you thoroughly enjoyed the facilities, décor and the service provided, and we feel honored that you have selected us to be your home in Bangkok.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed August 1, 2013

When we arrived at the hotel for check-in the reception informed us that they did not have any rooms available with kingsize-bed, as we asked for when booking, and gave us the option to either have two seperate beds, pay for a upgrade or wait two nights and they would change our room to a new with a kingsize bed. We told them that we did not want to pay so we would rather change our room after two days.

When we came back to the reception after two days to change our rooms the women standing in the reception had no notes for this, and the rooms with kingsize beds had all been occopied this day so there was no rooms available for us to change to. After complaining about the factor that we was told to change rooms this day, the women in the reception suddently did find a new room for us. I noticed she wrote down the room number on a note and she told us to go back to our room and pack our bags then come straight back down and they would give us new keys and move our bags.

We went up, packed up everything and came back 5 minutes later. Now the women we had talked to had gone to lunch, and did not leave a note for the other coworkers or tell them that we were coming down so we had to tell the whole story once again. The new reception lady also stated that no rooms were available so we had to argue a bit and complain about this situatuation. I pointed at the note the lady who went to lunch had written our new room number on to make it easier, but apparently that new "room" she had assigned us to was occupied and did not have a double bed. After a bit more complaining this new reception-lady also suddently found us a room with a double bed and told us that we could come back later this evening to pick up our keys, and that the luggage would be moved for us.

When we came back later that night to pick up our keys, no room keys were adressed on our name. I told them wich room number we had moved from, but that i did not know wich room we were moving into. After spending some time searching on the computer and looking at the available keys the reception found our new keys, but for some reason another name was written on them.

When we came to our new room it did have a double bed, but was in way worse standard than our original room. Because of all the hassle we had been through with the reception we did not bother to try to change back or to a new room, it was just to much arguing with the staff.

Also in our first room the batthub had some problems so we could not use it. The handles for hot water was not working, and it looked like they had tried to glue it on before. When telling the reception about this they sent someone up, three different people came to our room before they could fix it and it took them about one hour. When they fixed it, it was to late to use the bathtub. I tried to use it the day after but the same problem appeared with the "shower-head" thing in the bathtub. When i told the reception this they just stated "okay" we will check it out later (this was when i was going to change room). No appologies for me not beeing able to use the bathtub.

The hotel has a very nice location beeing close to malls and shops. I was probably a bit unlucky with the staff and the room, but i was very dissappointed about how the staff actualy responded to my situations. I am used to better service than this in hotels that are not 5 star hotels.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
Nina S, Manager at Amari Watergate Bangkok, responded to this reviewResponded August 3, 2013

Dear MichaelLeom,

We do appreciate your thorough review. We constantly strive to achieve only the highest levels of quality, service and hospitality and I truly regret that we fell short of our goals and that you did not enjoy your last stay and I would like to extend my most sincere apologies for the inconveniences you experienced. I really can understand your frustration and disappointment. All your comments have been addressed with our team and please rest assured that we have taking them very seriously.

Please let us know if you would like to discuss your stay further as we are happy to do so. We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back in the near future.

Reviewed July 31, 2013

I have stayed at the Amari group on numerous occasions and specifically at the Watergate.
Really enjoy the hotel and have always had a great experience there in their executive rooms.
However for some reason the Amari Group decided to renovate their executive rooms.
They are honestly a disaster.
The rooms are much smaller, there is no storage space for clothes and even the bathroom is now half the size with some really stupid alterations.
Amari why stuff up a great hotel. ?

Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business

Dear Clive V,

Thank you so much for your feedback. Your comment is important to us, as we always aim at delivering an ultimate experience for every guest.

I was concerned to read that our newly appointed rooms were not to your liking. I will relay your thoughts about renovation to our upper management and we hope that despite the new style and functionality of the rooms, we will still welcome you back in the near future.

Reviewed July 30, 2013

I stayed at this hotel from 24/07 to 28/07/13. I've been on holiday to Bangkok many times and have stayed at many different hotels before. Amari Watergate Hotel wouldn't go on my top list but it is quite a nice hotel. I reached the hotel on the arrival date and the staff were friendly and I got to check in and get a non-smoking room. The location is perfect for those who prefer walking distances to a nearby shopping mall. Opposite the hotel is Platinum Mall which is like a wholesale market. Walking to Centre World takes about 7 to 10 min and Siam Paragon Mall took me about 15 to 20 min. For the hotel, I liked their garden next to the pool and the night view from it. It was a nice surprise for me... Breakfast for me was just ok but I had a little complaint about the room. The hair dryer was not working and the shower area ceiling seemed to need maintenance as the paint on the ceiling seemed to be peeling off. I didn't mind that the hotel wasn't new but I had at least expected things to be in good condition so it would at least seem we were getting our money's worth.

1  Thank yngamie
Nina S, Manager at Amari Watergate Bangkok, responded to this reviewResponded August 5, 2013

Dear yngamie,
Thank you for taking the time and writing about your recent stay, we have our team is making every effort to assist our guests and to show our Amari spirit. Concerning the challenges you have encountered in the room, please rest assured that we have taking them very seriously and have addressed them, and will do our outmost to ensure that this will be avoided going forward.
I sincerely appreciate that you took the time in writing your comment and do hope that despite this inconvenience we will be able to welcome you again soon at the Amari Watergate

Reviewed July 30, 2013

I really had a good experience at the Amari Watergate. You can see the Amari logo from the Airport Link stop and it's an easy walk from there. Breakfast was excellent. The pool is nice and poolside service and drinks are good. The building is aging and the elevators are a bit slow, mostly because the two sides aren't connected so pushing the button only calls two elevators instead of all four, but it wasn't a huge problem. The location and price can't be beat.

Dear bigweb14,
We would like to thank you for your kind words; we are delighted to know that you have enjoyed your recent stay in our property, our pool is indeed a great area to relax and enjoy a refreshing drink and the garden is one of my personal favorite spots and would highly recommend to visit it in the evening to enjoy the vibrant view of the city.
We do hope to welcome you soon in your home away from home

Reviewed July 30, 2013

Made my booking online and specified for a non-smoking room. However when I checked in, the receptionist said that they could only provide me a room on a smoking floor for the first night. I decided not to make a fuss & took the room (yes, the smell was everywhere!). Next morning, as promised, they shifted me to a non-smoking room with a caveat - they were doing renovations in the next room & it would get noisy from 10am onwards. Thankfully, I was out all day shopping so it didn't bother me much.

Plus points staying at the Amari Watergate:
a) The concierge service is excellent. Special mention goes to Pui and Tomom for helping with spa reservations & giving precise directions to the places of interest.
a) It's across the road from Platinum mall. There's a food court on the highest floor which offers cheap & good Thai food!
c) It's a 15min walk to Chidlom station. Cut through Central World mall & it's sheltered all the way to the station.
d) There's a 24h McDonald's across the road!
e) When you come out of the hotel, turn right and walk to the second lane on the right. There's a little shop in that lane that sells amazing wanton noodles & braised pig trotters. Yum!

They accommodated my request for a late check-out which I appreciate. When I was leaving the hotel, Tomom even walked us out to the taxi-stand to send us off! Now that's what I call 'top-notch concierge service'!!!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Sharon W

Dear Sharon W,
First up, thank you for such an amazing review on Tripadvisor following your visit to our property, your tips are on points especially regarding the shopping centers and I will definitively will try your last tips as I do love wanton noodles.

Our Concierge team especially Khun Pui and Khun Tomom are overwhelmed to learn that their efforts have been so well received.

Once again, my sincere appreciation for your time taken to share this review, Along with Khun Pui and his team; I am eagerly looking forward to welcoming you back to Amari Watergate Bangkok.