“Good Location But Room was average.”

Amari Watergate Bangkok
Ranked #68 of 858 Hotels in Bangkok
Singapore, Singapore
“Good Location But Room was average.”
Reviewed June 17, 2013

My husband and I have just came back after spending 4D3Ns at Amari Watergate. Our stay experience was pretty disappointed.

Upon checking into our room, we discovered that we were given a twin bedded bedroom. I quickly called the reception and told them the mistake and requested to be changed to a king sized bedded room or double bed. Without checking for availability, they claimed that all such rooms were taken up and also claimed that it was my agent's mistake for requesting this type of room for us. We were very disappointed but accepted the fact. Anyway, the worst of my stay was, on the first night, I was nearly electrocuted with a defective lamp, resulting to a blackout and my room was filled with burning smell from the short-circuit. Not only that, my pillows smelled badly and I got to wrap them with towels.

I feel that the only thing good about it was the location. It was a walking distance to the central world as well as Platinum wholesales centre. As such, I could only rate it as:
Room : Not up to expectation for a five stars hotel. Average. Room and toilet are a bit old. Could always hear others flushing their toilets and a lot of knocking sounds coming from dunno where.
Staff service: Good. Most of the staff were friendly.
Breakfast : Average
Location: Good. Convenient even though it does not have a mrt nearby.
Will I stay there again? Mmmmm....., probably not. May consider if the rooms are given a new makeover.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
SaurabhKukreja, Manager at Amari Watergate Bangkok, responded to this review, June 19, 2013
Dear Lax19,

Thank you for your feedback through this forum. We at Amari Watergate take all feedback from our customers very seriously and rest assured the safety and security of our customers is paramount to us. Having checked through the issue raised here with regards to the black out in your room, it is possible that due to an overload on the plug points, causing the Master Circuit Breaker to cut the power supply. It has been purposely set to a certain limit to minimise any risks of even minor current flows from any plugged equipment and as such electrocution is of high improbability. On the issue of your preferred room type not available, please accept my apologies, our aim is to meet all our guests' needs and preferences. I would also like to share that the hotel is currently undergoing enhancements and hence as you mentioned in your comments, I would request you to give us the opportunity to serve you again so that you can experience the new look and feel of our upgraded rooms.

Saurabh

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (978)
  • Arabic first
  • Turkish first
  • Vietnamese first
redondo beach, ca
Reviewed June 17, 2013

You cant find better, friendlier, cleaner hotel in Bangkok.
I loved it. They bend over backwards trying to help you even if its after hours.
Drinks and food were good but the customer service was excellent and made me want to stay longer. Everyone speaks english. The general manager was spotted twice in one day meeting and greeting. (Pierre) Very nice and professional and good looking.

Room Tip: It was so convenient for me to go back and forth to the wholesale shopping alley to the room. I did...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
Jakarta, Indonesia
Reviewed June 16, 2013

I spent one night in June 2013, in a grand deluxe room. The room's spacious, overlooks the city and despite the hotel is situated in the busy areas, I didn't hv any problem with the noise outside. Had the amenities as advertised, good hot shower and comfortable bed and pillows...

Checked in/out was quite fast. The only downside is that eventhough i asked for early morning wake up call, they forgot to do that, not until almost 30 min had passed then someone called while I already took my shower..

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
Dear Myfairbianca,

Thank you for your review and feedback on your stay with us at Amari Watergate. I am pleased to hear that you generally enjoyed your room and the facilities offered by the hotel. We take pride in ensuring that our guests receive nothing less than a 5 star experience. However, on this occasion, we did have a minor service lapse and couldn't provide you with the wake up call on time. Please accept our sincere apologies and we sincerely hope that this will not deter you from giving us the opportunity to serve you again in the future. We would be delighted to welcome you back.

Jakarta
Reviewed June 14, 2013

Right across the fashion mall of bangkok,and just short distances to the city's busy districts,this hotel is a good place to stay, but if you want to wander easily with the bts or mrt, the nearest station is quite a walk. The room is spacious, very helpful & organized staff, b' fast had good selections,over all was a good stay

• Stayed June 2013
1 Thank Jhsan
Dear Jhsan,

I am pleased to hear that you had a good stay with us here at Amari Watergate. We work round the clock to ensure that our guests have the most positive experience and a fantastic time during their stay with us. Hotel is centrally and conveniently located, within walking distance to most of the well known Bangkok cites and the nearest BTS/MRT stations 8-10 minutes walk away. We hope to welcoming you again very soon!

Mumbai (Bombay), India
Reviewed June 14, 2013

Excellent place to stay as it is near to the shopping hub ..Amari Watergate Hotel was a wonderful place to stay during our first four nights in Thailand. We loved the ambience, with gentle Thai music being played in the foyer when we arrived in the evening. The room was very comfortable and the staff were so helpful and obliging. We were very happy with the breakfaststhe location is very good few meters from Pantip Plaza, the fashion mall and not far away from Centeral World mall

Room Tip: View facing the road ..
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Dear LOVEGOLD,

Thank you very much for your positive feedback about your stay with us Amari Watergate. I am very pleased to hear that you enjoyed the experience with us and our staff looked after you and your family's comfort.

We are glad you enjoyed the traditional Thai music in the lobby, a unique touch that really gives our guest a feeling of calm in the busy buzzing central Bangkok. Our breakfast spread is one of the best in Bangkok and I am happy to hear that you enjoyed this during your stay.

It would be a pleasure to welcome you and your family again in the near future!

Australia
Reviewed June 13, 2013

Amari Watergate Hotel was a wonderful place to stay during our first four nights in Thailand. We loved the ambience, with gentle Thai music being played in the foyer when we arrived in the evening. The room was very comfortable and the staff were so helpful and obliging. We were very happy with the breakfasts, but had two mornings when we had to leave the hotel very early. The staff ensured that we were not inconvenienced, letting us have breakfast a bit earlier than normal one day, and giving us an amazing breakfast box to take with us on the other day.

Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Jmp53
Reviewed June 12, 2013

I've never stayed at a hotel I've been 100% satisfied with. This one takes the cake. The staff and service ; warm and they take the time to make their guests feel not only at home but special.
The ladies at the Executive Counter are amazingly helpful.
The wait staff, attentive.
The rooms are very comfortable and clean. My child and I slept soundly all the nights during our stay. I couldn't made a better choice!

• Stayed June 2013