“One Day and the Difference is Great!”

Amari Watergate Bangkok
Ranked #72 of 863 Hotels in Bangkok
Thailand
“One Day and the Difference is Great!”
Reviewed April 27, 2013 via mobile

I stayed in Amari Watergate for only one night as I was on Business trip. Though I was there only for a night, the service and the staff had truly made an impact to my travelling experience.
You can tell by the commitment of the staff working here. They always provide options and alternatives when I ask them about directions. The service is swift with smiley faces, the room is clean in tip-top condition and you could even see the GM of this hotel walking around and ensuring the guest is well taken care of. I really don't think many hotels GM doing that. It gives me a sense of secure and peace of mind in that manner.
I must say, as a guest I felt honoured to be staying here and every little need is very well taken care of.

To the staff of Amari Watergate, thank you for the wonderful experience and great hospitality... I am sure to be back :)

• Stayed April 2013
Ciaran B, Manager at Amari Watergate Bangkok, responded to this review, April 29, 2013
Dear Daxhl,

Thank you for your wonderful review of the hotel. I was absolutely delighted to read about your recent stay with us and how much you enjoye it and that the staff were so welcoming and attentive. Mr Pelletier, our General Manager leads his team from the front and always by example which is a great motivator for us all here. I will be sure to pass your kind words to the team here.

We really do appreciate you taking the time to write and I sincerely hope it won't be too long before we are welcoming you back to your "home" in Bangkok.

Ciaran Brazil

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,005)
  • Arabic first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
  • Vietnamese first
Reviewed April 27, 2013 via mobile

I have just come back from four nights at the Amari Watergate. I decided to choose this hotel based in its reviews and location but unfortunately I was not as blown away as I expected. I stayed with my mum and brother in a grand deluxe room with the idea it would suite us better than the deluxe room. Room was still quite cramped and basic, the bathroom was a good size and the TV was huge, but apart from that the room was average. Check in wasn't smooth at all, the staff member was disinterested and blunt.. It wasn't the usual Thai hospitality I am used to. Another annoying aspect was the toilets... You had to flush them twice and you could hear other rooms flush them through your doors/walls :/. The buffet breakfast was really nice, lots of options and attentive staff but apart from this and the location, the Amari Watergate was a disappointment, and unfortunately I won't be staying back there again or recommending it to my clients unless they are going on business ( a lot of business travelers staying there as well as flight/airline staff). I have stayed at numerous Bangkok hotels and rated cheap 3 stars better than this. Overall, we had a pleasant stay (mainly because we only used the room to sleep) but I will definitley keep looking for that one hotel I can keep coming back to!

Dear anika-grace,

Thank you for choosing the Amari Watergate for your recent visit to Bangkok. Starting with the positive aspects, I am pleased the location, breakfast options and bathroom size all worked well for you.

With regard to the other elements of your stay, starting with your check in, I sincerely apologize for the way you were dealt with on check in, this should never be the case and is not indicative of the normal high standards of service applied.

For the toilet flush, I also apologise for this, we are currently in the process of enhancing all our rooms, this will be done over time but is in progress and this will include new bathrooms which will eliminate this issue. I appreciate this does not help you for this recent visit but just wanted to assure you we recognise the areas which need updating and are actioning them.

I am very sad that you will not be returning to Amari Watergate as we would genuinely relish the opportunity to show you how great the experience here can be. If you were willling to stay again, please feel free to contact me directly and I will arrange your booking for you.

Yours sincerely,

Tokyo, Japan
Reviewed April 26, 2013

I stayed at the hotel 7-14 April and had a fantastic experience. The facilities and service were excellent. We were well cared for and the customer service exceeded expectations. I plan on staying at the Amari Watergate during future trips to Bangkok and would highly recommend it to anyone traveling to Bangkok.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Dear JeffAW,

Thank you for your wonderful review of the hotel. I was so pleased to read that you had such an enjoyable stay and that the staff all looked after you so well. I will be sure to pass your kind words to the team.

We are very grateful to you for taking the time to write and I hope it won't be long before we are welcoming you back to your "home" in Bangkok again.

Reviewed April 25, 2013

The best hotel in bangkok perfect in every thing just loved staying in it. The view from room its just awesome everything is so perfect I will recommend everyone to stay in amari watergate bangkok everything is so near to this hotel indra square plantinum mall mbk everything is in walking distance

Dear nash7207,

Thank you for your great review of the hotel. I was so pleased to read that you had such an enjoyable stay with us and that the location and room views all worked so well for you.

We really appreciate you taking the time out to write and I do hope it won't be too long before we are welcoming you back to your "home" in Bangkok again.

Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Reviewed April 25, 2013

My family & I decided to stay at Amari Watergate in May 2012 as it has great package for stay above 3 nights. We stayed for 1 week & it was a great experience staying in a hotel with 5 star service amidst the chaotic surrounding of the main street with markets & shopping malls, big & small. Our package was included with the airport pick-up in a hotel limo and it was smooth pick-up & drive to the hotel with fast check-in. Rooms was great and we saw most guests are of family type/group with no rowdy/dodgy people loitering at the lobby. Give me a safe feeling. What impressed me most is 2 staffs that attended to us at Promenade restaurant every morning for breakfast took the time to know our names & addresses my son by his first name every time. They wished him good morning and mentioned his name. That makes him very happy! Most hotel will not pay much attention to kids but Amari Watergate staffs did and we will certainly stay here again as the service is super! It makes us feel appreciated instead of just a hotel guest that pays the bills. The hotel is also just across a super mall that is great for shopping - Platinum Mall. Despite the surrounding area is a super busy area I highly recommend this hotel for its service, quality, the great friendly gestures by the staffs and especially the safe feeling you get when you are in the hotel. Great job Amari Watergate team! We will see stay with you again soon.

Room Tip: The Grand Deluxe room is great for long stay but in Amari Watergate any room is great!
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Datini A
Ciaran B, Manager at Amari Watergate Bangkok, responded to this review, April 26, 2013
Dear Datini A,

Thank you for your wonderful review of the hotel. I was delighted to read you had such an enjoyable experience and most importantly that our staff were friendly and helpful and made your son feel welcome each morning when he came for breakfast. I will be certain to pass your lovely comments to the team at Promenade.

I was also very happy to hear that you felt secure and safe with us, we always try to create a home from home experience for our guests therefore feeling safe and secure is a huge part of this.

We genuinely appreciate you taking the time to write and I sincerely hope it won't be too long before we are welcoming you back to your "home" in Bangkok.

Ciaran Brazil.
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed April 25, 2013

When we arrived just realize hotel is located at the perfect location,opposite of the hotel is Platinum mall,is a wholesale plaza and nearby there is Pratunam market . Front desk and the concierge service is great and helpful , room clean, bed very comfortable, just the bathroom a little bit old fashion , but still acceptable. High recommend to this hotel and totally will return back to stay again.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Carmen L
Dear Carmen L,

Thank you for your great review of the hotel. I was delighted to read you had an enjoyable stay and that all elements from the comfortable room, location and helpful front desk and concierge team all contributed to this. I will be sure to pass your kind comments to the team.

Regarding your note on the bathroom, we are in the process of enhancing all the rooms, and a new bathroom will be placed in all. Due to the size of the hotel, this project does take some time.

We really appreciate you taking the time to write and I do hope it won't be too long before we are welcoming you back to your "home" in Bangkok again.

With warmest regards,

Tokyo, Japan
Reviewed April 24, 2013

My wife and I stayed for a week, earlier this month, and we both were completely satisfied with the hotel's location, amenities, and personnel. The rooms were spacious and comfortable; the service and quality of food of their restaurants was outstanding; and the fitness center/spa provided a great opportunity to work out and relax after busy days of sight-seeing. We were very impressed with the friendliness and professionalism of the entire staff, who made every effort to make our stay as pleasant and comfortable as possible - and they were successful in that regard. We chose the Amari Watergate on the recommendation of a co-worker, and are so glad that we did. We can only do the same, and highly recommend staying here when visiting Bangkok - we will definitely be staying here on our next trip.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Eric T
Dear Eric T,

Thank you for your glowing review of the hotel. I was delighted to read you had such an excellent stay with us and most importantly that our staff were so helpful and attentive throughout your stay. I will be sure to pass your kind words to the team.

Thank you also to your co-worker for their recommendation and I am glad that we did not disappoint. We really appreciate you taking the time out to write and I do hope it won't be too long before we are welcoming you back to your new "home" in Bangkok.