“Wow, what a hotel.”

Amari Watergate Bangkok
Ranked #75 of 879 Hotels in Bangkok
Reviewed April 16, 2013

Having stayed in Bangkok on a few occasions we decided to have a little luxury this time. We did not expect such an attentive service during our stay. I would certainly recommend paying the extra for the executive floor. Nothing is too much trouble and the staff are brilliant, and they addressed you by your name which was a personal touch. I cannot fault our stay, we were in room 3302 and my parents were in 3322. The higher floors gave a fantastic view over Bangkok and by complete surprise, my parents were presented with birthday cakes on their birthday. The rooms are spotless and the bathroom is to die for with its rain shower. The bed is huge, the sheets are so soft and comfy that we asked where they could be purchased. But alas they are made to order.
The breakfast selection is a great variety and we sampled foods from different countries which was wonderful. Also from 5 - 7pm in the executive lounge there are complimentary drinks and fabulous food prepared by the chefs. This was a god send after a hard days shopping to come back to the hotel and relax overlooking Bangkok.
In the lobby downstairs, again the staff are helpful and make you feel welcome and can't do enough for you.
We will be staying at this hotel again definitely on our next trip to Bangkok. This hotel made us feel very special indeed.

Room Tip: Although i cannot comment on the rooms on the lowers floors, i can only recommend the executive floo...
2  Thank tidgipud
Ciaran B, Manager at Amari Watergate Bangkok, responded to this reviewResponded April 18, 2013

Dear tidgipud,

Thank you for your wonderful review of the hotel. I was so pleased to read that you had such an enjoyable stay with us and that various aspects contributed to this, from the Executive rooms and lounge, the rain shower, comfortable beds to the important details like the birthday cakes to celebrate your parents birthdays.

Most importantly I was pleased to read how attentive our staff were, as this is the key to ensuring our guests feel secure and pampered.

We really appreciate you taking the time to write, I am so glad that you feel so comfortable with us and I do hope it won't be too long before we are welcoming you back to your "home" in Bangkok.

With warmest regards,

There are newer reviews for Amari Watergate Bangkok

Reviewed April 11, 2013

stayed for the second time, it was a joy just as the first time. the hotel is located in the center of Bangk.ok, next to all of the major malls (for the shopping enthusaist).

accomodation is high class (but we stayed in the executive floors so I don't know about the other floors)

very nice Gymn, Spa is expensive, they charge for in room WIFI.

Chinese restaurant was ok, (a bit expensive) and the Harry and beans us a good opportunity for a decent Hamburger in Thailand.

Reccomended

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Lior B
Ciaran B, Manager at Amari Watergate Bangkok, responded to this reviewResponded April 13, 2013

Dear Lior B,

Thank you for your great review of the hotel. I was so pleased to read that you had another enjoyable stay with us and that the Executive rooms, location and gym all contributed to this.

I have made careful notes of your comments regarding the pricing in the Spa and Heichenrou. I am glad you enjoyed the hamburgers in Henry J Beans.

We really appreciate you taking the time to write and I do hope it won't be too long before we are welcoming you back to your "home" in Bangkok.

Reviewed April 11, 2013

Our arrival was greeted with smiles, bowing, and cold face towels, with a smooth and efficient check in. We were offered an upgrade from Deluxe to grand de luxe rooms if we wanted, but informed that due to current upgrading of upper floors it may be noisy, so we decided not to take this, and were very happy with our 17th floor room on a non smoking floor.
The rooms are large and well appointed,all room controls, for a/c, lights, etc are on a bedside console.The beds were vary hard and pillows too soft, asked for them to be changed and was done immediately. The rooms have been refurbished in 2012, and this is still ongoing. Very large bathroom with seperate toilet and enclosed shower with double washbasins, a nice touch. The hotel is in a very busy location and crossing Petchaburi road almost impossible with all the sidewalk stalls getting ready for Songkran festival 13th-15th april.
Breakfast buffet in Cascades resteraunt had amazing speicialities, that included Indian and middleEastern speciality apart from, Thai, Chinese, Japanese, Western, fabulous fruits and salads,croissants so scrumptious, and Danish pastries ,as well as egg station, cereals, congee
and various soup options..
My only critisms were a very dirty worn looking carpet along the window side of the room, and some of the waiters uniforms looked scruffy and stained. The hotel laundry should offer a service to their staff to make sure that they always look their best. the service here was exceptional. Your every wish was accomodated swiftly and smilingly
Fabuous pool and gym on 8th floor, with great views of the skyline. The hotel is in the middle of the garment ditrict, with Platinum mall right opposite, but this is not for high end consumers.

Dear Goldy61,

Thank you for your great review of the hotel. I was delighted to read that you had a great stay with us and that the warm welcome, food selection in Cascade, large rooms all contributed to this.

I have made careful note of your comments regarding the staff uniform presentation and the carpet by the window and rest assured every effort will be made to show improvement. I agree the location can be quite busy and for some this is part of the appeal.

We really appreciate you taking the time to write and I do hope it won't be long before we are welcoming you back to your "home" in Bangkok.

Reviewed April 11, 2013

Having made several trips to Bangkok, this hotel has become my favourite. The staff are friendly and helpful. They always remember you from previous visits, whether in the dining areas, pool or the bar. There is an obvious culture of caring and interest in the hotel guests. All of the amenities are very well appointed, always clean and well presented. The location is central to most of the places you want to see in Bangkok.

Room Tip: If you have a chance to stay on the executive floors, they're usually quiet and afford access to...
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled solo

Dear imlovingit99,

Thank you for your wonderful review of the hotel. I was so pleased to read that we have become your favourite in Bangkok and that this is down to our staff and service offered and most importantly recognising our guests.

We do genuinely appreciate that in a big bustling city in Bangkok, it is so important to come back to somewhere where the staff will recognise you and make you feel you have arrived home. Your kind words to acknowledge this are greatly received and I will be sure to share this with the team.

In the meantime, I hope it won't be too long before we are welcoming you back "home" again.

Reviewed April 10, 2013

The lobby was nice, but when you enter the room, you realized the hotel is old. The hairdryer did not work, the water boiler did not work. It was a pain to call room service back and forth. Then TV did not work either until they have to call engineer.
The elevators took forever and a half to arrive

The food was good tho, good coffee for coffee break!
The location is okay, in front of Platinum Mall and close to Siam Square... many street night life around

The good thing about it is the spa, a bit pricy but worth it.

Room Tip: makesure the hairdryer tv and water boiler work before you let the bellboy go!
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business

Dear Sanscoulottes,

Thank you choosing the Amari Watergate for your recent stay with us. Starting with the positive, I was pleased to read that the location, the Spa, the food and the coffee were the highlights of your stay.

I was very sorry to read of the issues you had in your room and that you felt the rooms were old. We appreciate that we need to keep our product fresh and we are currently enhancing all the rooms in the hotel, we completed the Executive floors and lounge late last year and additional floors will be completed this year along with a new gym and renovated ballroom also.
As you can appreciate for a hotel of this size, it does take time. We have spoken to both our engineering and housekeeping department to remind them again to ensure they double check all key items are working in the room before allowing a guest to enter the room. With regard to the lifts, they are also going through an upgrade too.

Whilst I know none of the above changes your recent visit, I just wanted to reassure you we are making improvements and I hope that you would be kind enough to give us another chance should you return to Bangkok as we would relish the opportunity to show you how great a stay at Amari Watergate can be.

Yours sincerely,

Reviewed April 9, 2013

the exceptional hospitality I received during my stay in both Amari properties in Thailand (Water Gate-Bangkok & Coral Beach-Phuket) were exceptional, The friendly staff, food, Spa, and all the other hotel facilities are unbelievable, they just work hard to make your stay delightful, i would highly recommend to pick this hotel when you are in Bangkok our Phuket

Room Tip: all rooms are great
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends

Dear Mahdimohamad,

Thank you for your excellent review of the hotel. I was so pleased to read you had such an enjoyable stay both here with us and in our sister property in Phuket. It was great to see that all aspects of the stay were good including the spa and most importantly that our staff worked hard to ensure you had a great experience.

We really appreciate you taking the time to write and I do hope it won't be long before we are welcoming you back to your "home: in Bangkok again.

Reviewed April 8, 2013

A beautiful hotel in a prime location, with clean and comfortable rooms and wonderful amenities. The pool and the gym are top notch, with ample space to just relax. LOVED the Breeze Spa! Comparable to the Banyan Tree spas, with attentive staff and an excellent, relaxing atmosphere. Great breakfast spread - Indian, Jap, Chinese, Western food all available. Hotel even granted my request for a surprise birthday cake for my husband!! Choice chocolates given every night.
A few improvements could be made though; the day we checked in, the room wasn't fully cleaned and the electricity went out. Still, they did their best and even left a personal, typed apology card in my room after I complained. Small gestures like these are extremely appreciated!! Will most definitely stay there again soon!

Room Tip: Ask for a high floor for a good view of the city.

Dear BeachSunSpa,

Thank you for your excellent review of the hotel. I was delighted to read that so many aspects of your stay were highlights such as the Breeze Spa, Breakfast options and of course the personal touches such as marking your husband's birthday with a birthday cake.

I am sorry to hear your room was not cleaned properly on arrival and your issue with the electric but glad that we rectified this quickly and acknowleged with our apology. We appreciate we don't always get it right but do recognise the importance of handling a situation and recovering it, always with the guests needs and comfort at the forefront.

We really do appreciate you taking the time to share your experiences and I really do hope we will be welcoming you back to your "home" in Bangkok in the not too distant future.