“5 Star Service in Bangkok”

Amari Watergate Bangkok
Ranked #69 of 858 Hotels in Bangkok
Esher Surrey Great Britain
“5 Star Service in Bangkok”
Reviewed March 9, 2013

We regularly stay at the Amari Watergate Hotel on our trips to Bangkok. The ambience is of quiet skilled efficiency. We are always treated with the utmost care and attention. It is centrally located for the commerical district and close to several big shopping malls. There are numerous facilities for the international traveller. We strongly recommend a stay at this wonderful hotel in the heart of Bangkok.

Room Tip: Ask to have a room on the higher floors if available.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Ciaran B, Manager at Amari Watergate Bangkok, responded to this review, March 12, 2013
Dear Dejamanjeau,

Thank you for your wonderful review of the hotel. I am delighted to read that you had another great stay with us and that the service and care and attention remains consistent.

It is a great compliment for us to hear our loyal guests recommended us so highly. We genuinely appreciate you taking the time to write and I do hope it won't be too long before we are welcoming you back to your "home" in Bangkok.

With warmest regards,

Ciaran Brazil

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (976)
  • Arabic first
  • Turkish first
  • Vietnamese first
Northampton UK.
Reviewed March 9, 2013

Arrived at the hotel only to be told my holiday company had not booked or paid for my stay, not what I wanted to hear after an 11 hour flight, but instead of turning a drama into a nightmare the reception gave me my room and sorted out the problem with my holiday company the following day
what fantastic service. The hotel is an oasis in the middle of the totally superb chaos of Bangkok.
My room on the 24th floor was excellent, fantastic views, kept very clean and tidy by ever smiling
staff. The breakfasts cater for most needs, what isn't on offer you wont need, the food is great
with never ending supply of tea and coffee served by ever smiling polite staff.Meals in the other restaurants are also fantastic with a very good variety, I can recommend Thai on 4.
If I ever come back to Thailand I will have no hesitation in coming back to the Amari Watergate

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear SuemiNorthamptonUK,

Thank you for your wonderful review of the hotel. I am sorry that your booking was not in place on your arrival but I am delighted that we recovered the situation calmly and most importantly got you a room to rest which I am sure was well needed after an 11 hour flight.

It was lovely to see that your experience from there on was a positive one and that so many elements from the breakfast options, Thai on 4 and of course the friendly team contributed to this.

I will be sure to pass on all your wonderful comments to the team. We really appreciate you sharing your experience and taking the time to write and I really do hope it won't be long before we are welcoming you back to your new "home" in Bangkok.

Hamilton, New Zealand
Reviewed March 8, 2013

We have stayed several times at the Amari Watergate in Bangkok and the experience from start to finish was once again amazing. The girl on the door recognised us as returning guests and "welcomed us back home" with her usual warm smile. The staff are always so respectful, genuine to help and amazingly helpful. At breakfast the next morning, one of the young men who recognised us from previous trips came across from where he was working and asked us if we wanted our usual cappuccino for breakfast (how is that for service and memory). Every question was answered so easily and it made our stay once again a real pleasure. I tried out the spa services for the first time and world class attention was made to every detail of my relaxing package. The poolside was heavingly and the gym was well equipped to cater for any fitness regime. The food, service, environment all exceeded our expectations once again. We usually travel to Bangkok twice a year for business and wouldn't stay anywhere else.

Dear Fiona P,

Thank you for your fantastic review. It gave us all here great pleasure to read how much you enjoyed your stay with but especially to hear the words "welcome back home" This is very much the experience we want to give all our guests returning.

I was also so pleased to see our team members remembered the finer details such as your cappucino preference. It's the little things that are often the most important. Thank you for you kind words about the Spa which I am delighted you tried on this stay.

Thank you so much for sharing your experience, it is lovely to hear our loyal guests recommend us. I will be sure to pass on your kind words to all the team.

We look forward to welcoming you back to your "home" in Bangkok very soon.

Johannesburg, South Africa
Reviewed March 7, 2013

Bangkok is known as the 'City of Smiles'. For me the Amari Watergate represents a Smiling experience. From the moment you walk into the Lobby, a magnificent arrangement of flowers boasting colours of cerise, yellow , orange and green greets you.
The location of the Hotel is superb. Across the road is the Platinum Fashion Mall boasting 7 floors of your hearts desires. Down the road is the Pantip Plaza, an electronics paradise.
The Concierge will help you with Taxis which will then me monitored for your security.
From the Porters, to the Receptionists, to the Ladies who clean your Room... smiling faces all round only happy to please you.
The rooms are spacious and spotlessly clean..
We were fortunate enough to stay on the Executive Level which is just the ultimate experience all round.
This Hotel is run by an exceptional General Manager Pierre Andre Pelletier whose presence is felt around the Hotel on a very regular basis. He is definetly a 'hands on Manager'
The Amari is a first choice Hotel. You wont be sorry!
Cynthia South Africa

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Dear Cynthia D,

Thank you for your glowing review of the hotel. I was so pleased to read you had such a brilliant experience with us and that so many elements from the colourful flower arrangements to the smiling faces of the team contributed to this.

I will be sure to pass all your wonderful comments to the team and of course Mr Pelletier who leads his team from the front and always by example.

We really appreciate you taking the time to write and I do hope it won't be long till we are welcoming you back with smiles to your "home" in Bangkok.

With warmest regards,

Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed March 6, 2013 via mobile

Booked much earlier and paid Singapore dollar 180 per room per night. Was disappointed to hear that we would need to wait for at least 2 more hours when we try to check in at 2pm. The staff told us that the room still needs housekeeping and not ready. We have a choice of taking up a two-bed room or wait. As we had an appointment at 4pm at Asoke and had to take a bath, we try to explain to the staff. She then told us off by asking us to use the swimming pool. Despite our early booking for a king size-bed room, they are unable to allow us to check in at 2pm!!
The decoration and room is dated. But I must say that the room is clean.
We had the buffet breakfast for the three days. Wide variety of food but almost the same everyday.
Not a 5 star standard if you take the deluxe room package. Definitely not value for money.

• Stayed March 2013
Ciaran B, Manager at Amari Watergate Bangkok, responded to this review, March 7, 2013
Dear MLI_MLI,

Thank you for choosing the Amari Watergate for your recent stay in Bangkok. Starting with the positive, I was pleased to hear the room was clean and you enjoyed your breakfast.

With regard to the rest of your experience at the hotel, I would like to offer you my sincerest apologies. The hotel was running at full capacity during your stay but this is no excuse for you having to wait for your room so long and I agree it is not acceptable. I am also very sorry if the receptionist did not explain the situation well and came across angry. I would like to reassure you this is not indicative of the normal high standards we have at the Amari Watergate as you will see from the many positive reviews on this site.

Regarding the decor, the rooms are currently being updated but with a hotel of our size, you will appreciate a project like this does take some time.

I do appreciate you taking the time to write, all feedback we receive is taken very seriously and we will action wherever possible to improve the guest experience. If you were returning to Bangkok, I would relish the opportunity to welcome you back and to show you that we can offer a brilliant 5 star experience. Please do contact me directly if you would like to book.

Yours sincerely,

Sydney
Reviewed March 6, 2013

Here on a business trip I stayed in the executive level which gave me access to the lounge where we could take breakfast and drinks in relatively quiet and comfortable surroundings. The hotel had everything I needed - well appointed clean and tidy rooms, good conference facilities, relaxing pool area, a well equipped gym, and a variety of places to eat.

My I only even better if is I wish that the lunch buffet had MORE Thai food options!

• Stayed March 2013
Dear NZmade,

Thank you for your wonderful review of the hotel. It was great to see that you had such a good stay and that all elements from the Executive Lounge and rooms, pool and gym area and multiple options to dine all contributed to this.

I have made careful note of your comment regarding the Thai Options for the International Buffet and I will share this with our Executive Chef.

We really appreciate you taking the time to write and hope it won't be too long before we are welcoming you back to the Amari Watergate.

Kigali, Rwanda
Reviewed March 5, 2013

For the second time, I stayed at AMARI and was once again very impressed about the hopitality. Rooms are very clean, staff very kind and the variety of foods was just excellent. I will come back again with my entire family and for sure we will staty at AMARI Watergate. Keep up the good service and hospitality.

JKW

Dear Janvier W,

Thank you for your excellent review of the hotel. I was so pleased to read that you had such a great stay with us again and that the clean rooms, helpful staff and food choices all contributed to this.

We really appreciate you taking the time to write and we look forward to welcoming you and your entire family back to the Amari Watergate in the not too distant future.