“Another fantastic stay” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #63 of 849 Hotels in Bangkok
richmond
“Another fantastic stay”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 7, 2012

Just wanted to put a excellent review for the Amari Watergate. We have just had a wonderful experience made by all the team at the Amari. The Executive lounge has just been renovated and it adds a special plush feel. The new terrace area on the 32 nd floor is a lovely place to unwind and see the views over the city. Don't hesitate to book this hotel.

Room Tip: Executive floor rooms a must
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank clareRichmond
Ciaran B, Manager at Amari Watergate Bangkok, responded to this review, November 8, 2012
Deae clareRichmond,

Thank you for your brilliant review. I was so pleased to read you had another enjoyable stay. We too are very pleased with how the Executive Lounge and rooms are looking post refurbishment, I am delighted you got to experience them along with the great views.

Most importantly, I am so pleased that the team here took care of you, we always strive to offer our guests the best experience so when guests like yourself take the time to write and recognise this, it is a really big boost and I look forward to sharing it with them.

Once again, a very big thank you from the team here and I do hope it won't be too long before we are welcoming you to your "home" in Bangkok again.

With warmest regards,

Ciaran Brazil

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (910)
  • Arabic first
  • Turkish first
  • Vietnamese first
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 7, 2012

Its the second time I have stayed in this hotel and both times were for business. Entertaining clients, playing golf when time allowed and enjoying the City and its ever increasing pace of life. As soon as you arrive you are greeted with a genuine and sincere customary smile by people who mean it. They genuinely do want to see you and they do want to provide the comforts and help you get when you are at home. As you walk through to the check in you are greeted with a warm welcome by everyone you see and this continues until you check out. Nothing is a problem. The staff look as though they enjoy their work and we were fortunate enough to meet the General Manager, a fine man called Pierre who again flew the Amari flag with great pride. He is supported by a great team and they have improved the hotel a great deal in the space of only 6 months of our last trip. The rooms are first class and give you everything you want and whether you use the pool, the spa, the restaurants or bars you just keep on getting great service with a beautiful smile. The maids are smiling the luggage porter smiles and the management team and the exec floor customer service is really top drawer. I couldn't fault any of them or any part of the hotel. When I came away I looked back and said to myself I look forward to next time. It is a beautiful hotel run and managed by sincere, energetic and beautifully caring people. They are a credit to their company and themselves and when you see what they do and compare it to back home you cannot help but feel you could drop off a few folk in their and get them a reality check of what it is to smile every minute of every day and mean it. I would urge anyone staying in the area to use this hotel, talk to the staff and make this your home when you are in Bangkok. These people will never let you down and would be disappointed if you did not ask them for help when it was needed. But when you do ask them for help they see it and exercise the opportunity to show you how really kind they are and how special this hotel is. This is the second Amari we have stayed in on this trip and for our party and customers they all felt that they have an ambiance and an proactive 'Can Do' approach that makes the experience a real pleasure. I have stayed in many others in this region and for me these people hit the button every time. I could not recommend it more highly.
Keith - Marketing at Woodland Group (UK)

Room Tip: If you really want a great experience ask for the Executive Level on floor 32. The private lounges a...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Dear Keith P,

What a fantastic review ! Thank you so much. As a returning guest to hear you had an even better experience was fantastic to read. It is heartwarming to read your amazing comments about our team especially. We work very hard to provide the best service we can to our guests and your recognition of this is a great boost which will be shared with the whole team.

Mr Pelletier ( Pierre) leads from the front when it comes to service and is a wonderful example for us all to follow, I will pass your kind regards to him.

Once again, a huge thank you and I hope it will not be too long before we are welcoming you back to your "home" in Bangkok.

Sydney, Australia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 6, 2012

We loved this hotel for its amazing location which is right next to Platinum Fashion Mall. My wife loved being so close to the mall. The staff is very friendly and food options are great. The only thing which we did not like was that the hotel looks little old and needs a quick renovation. The bathroom/Toilet is clean but old. Carpets are old and have stains. If I go to Bangkok, perhaps I will choose this hotel again for its location but renovation is required.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Ciaran B, Manager at Amari Watergate Bangkok, responded to this review, November 7, 2012
Dear Charanjeet82,

Thank you for your great review of the hotel. I was delighted to hear you had such an enjoyable stay and the location, food options and most importantly the staff were all up to expectation.

I was sorry to read you were unhappy with the quality of the room, I am however pleased to advise you we have already begun an enhancement programme for all the rooms, we have completed the Executive floor and lounge already. We appreciate that we have to keep our product updated to match our service and maintain the 5 star standards we are well known for. A

Your constructive feedback has been well received and we are very grateful for you taking the time to write. I do hope we will have the opportunity of welcoming you back to the Amari Watergate soon as a warm welcome awaits you.

Melbourne
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 6, 2012

There is good and bad to this hotel. The location is great close to all great shopping location. Especially Central World which we loved. The pool on level 8 is an oasis away from the hustle and bustle of Bangkok. Beautiful pool and bar and gardens this was a great place to relax after a busy day. Negatives would be check in we had booked a grand deluxe room which they said was not available, then was told a smoking grand deluxe was available, then after complaining a grand deluxe was available. Also the beds are extremely hard it is like sleeping on a door. The staff were very good though and said this was a common complaint and provided a pillow top mattress to the bed which was totally fine after that. Our room was not cleaned till very late in the day most days. All in all I would say good not great.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear StuartClark,

Firstly thank you for choosing the Amari Watergate hotel for your recent stay in Bangkok. I was delighted to read that certain aspects of your stay met your expectations such as the location and indeed the Pool Area.

Of course I was disappointed to read about your check in experience, that your bed was too hard and of course the room being cleaned too late in the day. I would like to apologise for these events, especially when it comes to the service and I can assure it really is not indicative of the standards we normally apply at the hotel . Please rest assured that all the appropriate measures will be taken to ensure that events like this do not occur again. I was pleased to hear the staff offered you the mattress topper and that this increased the comfort for you.

We are very grateful for your very constructive review, we take all our feedback seriously and we address all the points individually to ensure we enhance the guest product and experience.

I do hope you will consider a return visit to the hotel where we would relish the opportunity of showing you how well can deliver our 5 star service.

Yours sincerely,

Jakarta, Indonesia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 6, 2012

I must admit I stayed on the executive floor, enjoying the executive 'Happy Hour' and the executive free wifi, for a very reasonable price. But the executive treatment extended all the way down to the main lobby. Staff is extremely friendly and ready to help at any time. And the amenities, the food and other stuff are as can be expected of a hotel of it's standing.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Ciaran B, Manager at Amari Watergate Bangkok, responded to this review, November 6, 2012
Dear mgmmaas,

Thank you for your wonderful review. It was so great to hear that you had an enjoyable stay, as you will know the Executive floor and lounge has just been refurbished and relaunched and it is great to hear such positive feedback about it.

Most importantly, we are always thrilled when our guests are pleased with the service and the staff and I am delighted this was the case for you too.

Thank you for taking the time to write, we truly appreciateit and I do hope we will be welcoming you back to your "home" in Bangkok in the not too distant future.

With warmest regards.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 5, 2012

Value for money, superb location, clean rooms and polite staff! Great place to stay for friends and families. Had a stay during the 1st to 4th of NOV, and am looking forward to going back! Good job Amari watergate team!

• Stayed November 2012
Dear Caleb1985,

Thank you so much for the great review. I was delighted to read you had such an enjoyable stay, that the location and rooms were up to standard but most importantly our staff looked after you which is the key thing.

I will be sure to relay your kind comments to the team.

I hope it won't be too long before we are welcoming you back to your " home" in Bangkok.

Ciaran
Mumbai (Bombay), India
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 5, 2012

My wife and I were most disappointed with our 3 nights stay at the Amari from 1st to 4th November 2012. It is supposedly a 5 star... but a very "tired" one at that, and way beyond its prime. Other than the property itself which is run down and in desparate need of a major refurbish, the service too is quite pathetic and indifferent - and staying at this hotel is certainly not a 5 star experience.

Rooms and furniture is shoddy (we stayed on the 29th floor in room 2929) ... the shower stall tiles had a good amount of ugly grout, paint had peeled off above the shower door, the tub looked like it had not been cleaned (we didnt use it), one of the lifts we used to go down to the lobby, shuddered dangerously, then stopped suddenly and started shooting back up again (never took that lift again).. one of the buttons to call the lift on our floor was not working ... the list is endless.

As regards the service - Check-in was listless - grumpy faces all round... However the biggest culprit is Housekeeping - when we checked the bathroom had a bath mat - for all the remaining days no bath mats .. drops of coffee on the table remained right through our stay - not cleaned once for 3 days, And to top it all on they did not even clean the room on the last day despite the fact that we left the room at 10:30 am and returned past 10 at night. When I called house keeping at 10pm, they did not sound surprised nor were they apologetic - all they asked was whether we wanted someone to come and clean the room at that time !!!!

The disparity is even more apparent becuase we moved to the Sheraton Hua Hin on 4th Nov ... and... what a world of difference .

I wish to add that we are quite used to, and happy staying at 3, 4 or even no-star hotels... but when staying at a 5 star and paying 5 star rates, ones expectations are surely higher.

If you are travelling to Bangkok - give this hotel a wide miss.

Room Tip: Forget the room - dont choose this hotel
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Ciaran B, Manager at Amari Watergate Bangkok, responded to this review, November 5, 2012
Dear RGGoa,

Firstly, thank you for choosing the Amari Watergate for your recent visit to Bangkok. I was incredibly disappointed to read that your experience at the hotel did not meet your expectations at all.

I would like to address the product first, I am so sorry that the room condition was not up to our normal standards. We at Amari Watergate appreciate that we have to continually refresh our product to maintain our 5 star status , I am pleased to inform you that we are currently going through an enhancement programme for all the hotel rooms, however I appreciate this does not help you for this recent stay.

Other areas of the hotel I hope you would have noticed have been refubished, our Spa, lobby area, Cascade restaurant in our lobby area so we are continually investing in the hotel to create the best product for our clients.

With regard to the service, I apologise profusely, I can assure you and will see from reading the many reviews on here , this truly is not indicative of the great service we are well known for and I am was very disappointed that this was not the case for you. Please rest assured we will take all the appropraie measures to ensure a service level of that sort is never received by one of our guests again.

Thank you for taking the time to write, all feedback is appreciated and more importantly we will always act on it to enhance our customers experiences. If there is anyway you would consider returning to the hotel, we would relish the opportunity of welcoming you back at the first opportunity to show you the great service I know we can provide.

Yours sincerely,