“Middle class hotel, Amari style...”

Amari Boulevard Bangkok
Ranked #243 of 852 Hotels in Bangkok
London, United Kingdom
“Middle class hotel, Amari style...”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 2, 2013

Stayed only one night, before leaving for the airport, and by the way if you think of getting to the main BKK airport using the Airport Express link from Makkasan station this hotel is approx 10 mins by Taxi, or approx THB60 from the rail station.

Aside from the usual misunderstanding @ Reception, but now used to it in BKK, I was upgraded and offered a cheap Breakfast as I was booked on a Room only basis; they asked if I was leaving before 08:00 they could offer me breakfast at half price, at THB350 which was good for the large and varied breakfast buffet - so of course I accepted!

The shower in the room was broken, reported it to a housekeeping person on the floor and when back from a couple of hours wandering around the area the shower head has been replaced with a brand new and perfectly working - great service, good for the next person staying in the room after me...

The swimming pool is in the Siam Wing of the hotel, on the 6th floor, and even if nothing exceptional as very basic pool it is still good during the Bangkok stay to know that a pool is available at your hotel.

Extremely good service during my check-out time in the morning, so I suppose was a good night break before my flight back to the UK.

Room Tip: Walking distance from Nana BTS station, a very lively area for everything you can think of...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
Alexandre_Frenkel, General Manager at Amari Boulevard Bangkok, responded to this review, November 7, 2013
Thank you for your comprehensive review further to your brief stay with us. We were happy to read that you had a pleasant time.

For information, outside of peak hours it takes a maximum of 25 minutes to travel by taxi between the aiport and the hotel, preventing you to have to transfer baggages from a taxi to a train.

I am sorry if you had a misunderstanding at the reception, for whichever misuderstanding this refers to. In regards to the breakfast, if you choose the room with breakfast when making your reservation, it will be even cheaper than THB 350.

Finally, please accept our apologies if the shower was not working in the first place. Thank you for bringing this up and acknowledging that we were able to resolve this quickly.

alexandre.frenkel@amari.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (190)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Mumbai
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 2, 2013

We were 5 girls with 2 kids. This hotel is centrally located around the shopping malls and for us girls, we needed nothing else ! The breakfast spread was great and the staff courteous. There are good eating joints around the hotel and the metro station is just round the corner.

This was my first trip to Thailand and I found most people specially in the service industry (from our airport pick-up to our tour conductors), quite rude. However, the staff at both Amari Orchid (Pattaya) and Amari Boulevard are quite well mannered. A much needed relief after a long day out. Keep up the good work. Planning to visit soon...

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Thank you very much for chosing Amari all the way for your recent break in both Bangkok and Pattaya. I appreciate your kind review and have shared it with my colleagues at the Amari Orchid. We were very happy to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and our level of service.

Buriram, Thailand
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 1, 2013

Our first visit to an Amari hotel has been a pleasant one. We arrived at the Amari Boulevard after flying from the UK, The staff made us feel welcome and the room was clean and well equipped. the hotel is ideally placed to tour Bangkok as it is only a 5 minute walk from Nana sky train station, while staying there I recommend the restaurant by the pool on the 6th floor, this outdoor restaurant is not to be missed. Overall good value for money.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Thank you very much for your review, and especially your recommendation of our Season Thai Restaurant. There is a wide choice of restaurants in our area, but Season Thai has the advantage of being located on garden terrasse overlooking the whole area, which one will appreciate if you wish to get away from the hustle and bustle of Bangkok's streets while sharing a nice Thai dish together.

Best regards

Limerick, Ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 30, 2013

We stayed in the Amari in Bangkok for 4 nights (booked for us by Trailfinders, Brilliant) and found the hotel to be top notch in its location, friendly staff, cleanliness, facilities and services. However I found when on the flight to Phukett that I had forgotten my phone. Rang the hotel and left a message with services to that effect. I got a call from Thomas Ehrhart Assistant Mgr to say that they had found my phone and where would I like them to send it. Gave them the address of the next hotel we were staying at and he informed me that they would send it on to me, I told them to make a charge on my credit card for this service. They sent me on the phone and told me that they would not be charging me for this and that I should have it on the following day which did happen. How good was that I definitely was very impressed and will make sure to tell all how good this hotel is.
Joe O'L

Room Tip: Go high as the view is fantastic
Dear guest
Thank you very much for your comprehensive review. We were very happy to read that you thoroughly enjoyed your stay with us, and particularly appreciate your kind mention of the assistance rendered by our Assistant Manager, Thomas Ehrhart, who was delighted to learn that his efforts were appreciated.

Alexadre Frenkel
Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 26, 2013

Hotel is very nice and near to all Arabic Halal restaurants and they offer Halal food as well.

Rooms are not very big but you will have enough space for yours self and luggage but the best part is the balcony in the room when ever you want to have a fresh air

the hotel is good for family stay as they don't have night club (perfect part)

Room Tip: Top floors with pool view
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Thank you for your kind review.

We were happy to read that you enjoyed the location of the hotel and access to nearby restaurants.

We have two rooms categories with balconies: the superior rooms and the deluxe terrace rooms. Most of our deluxe terrace rooms are actually equipped with sunbeds.

Kolkata (Calcutta), India
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 22, 2013

A very good hotel although the rooms are pretty old, heard there's two parts of the building the old part's where I was put up. But the breakfast was absolutely amazing, I have never seen such a huge breakfast spread.
Making even a local call from this hotel is just too expensive.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your review further to your stay with us in January this year.

I was happy to read that overall you had a pleasant stay, and that you particularly enjoyed our breakfast.

We have noted your comment in regards to the local telephone calls. Our prices are aligned to those of similar hotels.

We look forward to welcoming you back on a future visit to Bangkok.

Pune
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 19, 2013

Visited Bangkok from the 12th of October to the 14th. Room number 1410 ( smoking).
The room was very clean, except that they had forgotten to change the ashtray used by the previous occupant. The check in process was over in 10 minutes so we were in our room within 15 minutes!!
THEY HAVE THE BEST BREAKFAST SPREAD IN TOWN!
Well, to be honest, I dont know about other hotels in Bangkok, but this one definitely has a very good breafast spread at "the peppermill".
One needs to know that the place is full of Arabs, so one should not expect a diverse crowd. The entire street is full of lebanese and arab restaurants.

Other advantages:
1) Best location; 5 minutes walk to skytrain station ( Nana station). One can go to any part of town using the sky train. You can save a lot if you avoid taxis and use the skytrain and also the connecting MRT underground metro. Its faster/cheaper and no need to haggle with taxi drivers.
2) Very close to large hospital.
3) Friendly staff.
4) They have package deals for tourist attactions. ( I tried their one day trip to the Grand palace. It was worth it! )
5) Great central location

1 Thank Meteorite81
Thank you very much for your kind review and detailed feedback. We were very happy to read that you enjoyed your stay with us. However, be re-assured that the occurence with the ashtray has been addressed. We appreciate you brought this us to our attention and apologize for any inconvenience caused.