“Very far!!!! Go to a real hotel downtown instead.”

Amari Don Muang Airport Bangkok
Ranked #170 of 887 Hotels in Bangkok
Reviewed May 17, 2006

I will ignore the price for now.
OK, I won't.
It is 200 USD and you can stay at one of the breathtaking, service-friendly downtown hotels for the same or less. This hotel is deceptive. It is a VERY far walk and for pure convenience sake, it is easier to reserve the Oriental, use their car service and do an overnight at that hotel. You will be in bed sooner. We did the Amari Airport hotel once for a 12-hour layover and were shocked how long it took to walk there and again in the morning. We did the Oriental the second trip for a 12 hour layover and will do it again next month. At 11:50 pm there is no traffic in to town, and even if you have an early departure, there will not be much traffic either.

Stayed: May 2002
5  Thank travlindudeMiami

Reviewed April 11, 2006

I am sitting in their lobby - after a 10 hour flight from Europe - waiting to check-in because they gave me incorrect information over the phone and then did not have my reservation at all when I went to check-in. They only believed I had made the reservation at this hotel when I showed them the hotel number in the register of my phone. It is indeed very convenient and beautiful, but I'd double check before counting on landing here after a hard flight.

Stayed: April 2005
3  Thank Vermando
Reviewed January 26, 2006

Having read some reviews of the Amari Airport hotel, we were very pleasantly surprised by the high quality of rooms, services, reception etc. We arrived at around 2am, and were welcomed and quickly shown to our room, which we booked for a late check out the next day. We were on the 2nd floor, and access to the garden and pool was just round the corner. The pool was clean and refreshing, and snacks were available all day. Altogether, a hotel that I would return to for a brief stopover.

2  Thank Elizabethd
Reviewed December 4, 2005

While this hotel is clean, modern and very convenient to the airport, I agree with the other online reviews I've read that the room quality is lower than what you'd pay for a comparably priced hotel in Thailand. The service, however, was very bad by any standard.

We reserved two rooms with a king bed via email directly with the hotel for $165/night. When we checked in, the front desk told us the rooms were $230/night. We showed the manager the copies of the emails reserving and confirming the rooms, but she told us that the $165 rate was for 1 person, and since 2 people were staying in each room, it would be $230. The email confirmation we received contained other terms and conditions, but gave absolutely no indication that the room rate the hotel quoted us was based upon single occupancy. The manager made it clear that she didn't care that there'd been a miscommunication by their reservations department. She finally agreed to reduce the price slightly, but we still paid over $50 more per room than the price we were originally quoted.

Then, at 7:00 a.m. the next morning, a maid knocked on our door and asked how soon we were checking out so she could clean our room. And she hadn't knocked on our door by mistake, thinking it was empty - she had a room to clean, and wanted to know when she could come back to clean it. We couldn't believe that we'd paid over $200 for a hotel room with a 12:00 p.m. check out time, and a maid was trying at 7:00 a.m. to get our room ready for the next guest!

Unless you're suffering from jetlag, and must have a few hours sleep before an early morning connecting flight, do yourself a favor and stay elsewhere. My family and I agreed that it would have been well worth it to have spent a few extra minutes on a short shuttle ride to a hotel near the airport.

• Stayed: November 2005
15  Thank mydogtravis
A TripAdvisor Member
Leonardtown, MD
Reviewed September 12, 2005

Service - excellent
Amenities - excellent
Room Size - huge
Everything was outstanding, plus it is attached to the Bangkok Airport so you can walk there.

2  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed September 4, 2005

Neutral / average is just the way to describe this hotel. Not at all worth the $200+ room rate I paid upon my arrival. My deluxe room was very below average for the rate. What looked like a nice king size bed was actually two twin beds pushed together hidden by a bulky comforter. The wait for check out in the morning was disturbing as only two staff were working the front desk while others roamed around looking busy. It took a good 20 minutes just to check out. I'll choose a different hotel next time! I was deceived by the convenience of the close location to the airport.

• Stayed: September 2005, traveled on business
7  Thank STLGlobal
Reviewed July 20, 2005

as to the convenience, it is super convenient - you can walk to the hotel from the airport. the rooms are ordinary there is no view. but you can get a train to bangkok for less than $1. if like me you had a fligth to catch at 7 am you can walk out of the hotel at 5am instead of 4am if you stay in town. you dont stay here because is a fantiastic hotel but you do because of the convenience. the queues can be horrendous - do a quick check out proceedure.

• Stayed: June 2005