“We Always Stay on the Executive Floor and Have No Problems”

Amari Don Muang Airport Bangkok
Ranked #164 of 858 Hotels in Bangkok
Avon, CT
“We Always Stay on the Executive Floor and Have No Problems”
Reviewed April 25, 2005

Having read the very negative reviews of this hotel, I have to offer another opinion. We have stayed here on 4 occasions since 2000, always on the Executive Floor. The cost is obscene, of course - we prebook through asia-hotels - usually about $200-$225/night. We have never had a problem here. There is a separate (no waiting) check-in for the Executive Floor. Your breakfast (brought to your room as early as you want) is included in the rate. There are free cocktails and snacks in the evening. Our rooms have always been clean and in good condition. They did do that inspection prior to our checkout which was a bit unsettling - it took no time at all though. That being said, the only reason to stay here is if you have one of those 7 AM flights and want to catch an extra hour or two of sleep. This hotel is being converted to apartments once the new airport opens - now projected to be March 2006.

• Stayed February 2005
7 Thank Craig B

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (261)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Slovak first
  • Thai first
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed January 5, 2005

Arrived at 22:30 after a long flight. It took over an hour standing in a queue before we reached a receptionist. There were 4 staff on the desk and all were equally slow. Whilst we were standing in queue a "supervisor" did actually appear an hand out registration cards so the process could be sped up. What a joke... It made no difference to the speed of the staff...Once we did get to a staff member to check us in, she was quite rude, and even sent us off to the elevator without writing a room number on the documentation! ( my fault I suppose I should have checked. I reckon she did it deliberately ) So, back to the counter I went....
I have NEVER had to wait in a queue for an hour to check into a hotel that I was paying USD249.00 for. Totally unacceptable is all I can say about the "customer service" approach of this hotel. I will certainly NEVER stay at an AMARI property ever again. I have completed Amari's online survey where I have the possibility of winning a free 3 night stay. The thought of winning will give me nightmares for weeks to come !
All I can say is avoid this place as it's not worth the convenience to the airport.

9 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
san francisco,ca
Reviewed January 1, 2005

Only for convenience should you suffer here. I would recommend staying in the many wonderful properties in Bangkok city then subject yourselves to this property. The staff was rude. The rooms were dirty, worn down and smelly. We resorted to seeing several rooms before giving up to a substandard room.

8 Thank sfdweller
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
Reviewed December 17, 2004

The price is outrageous for what is offered. It is convenient but that's it. Really run down and tatty in all areas. Rooms are only adequate and ours offered an unwanted view of the outside from one of the walls of the room (i.e. big crack in the wall).

• Stayed December 2004
6 Thank Martin S
Reviewed December 15, 2004

There is one, I repeat just one, reason to stay at the Amari Airport Hotel. It's because is conveniently located across from the International Airport. You can easily wheel your luggage to this hotel via an elevator and walkway. The elevator wait may be long and it can be crowded, so allow plenty of time to get to your flight.
Checking out at this hotel is notoriously slow - another reason to allow plenty of time. They will insist on radio-ing staff to check your room and minibar before you can pay your bill. No exceptions. This adds a lot of time, especially if many people are trying to check out at once.
The hotel itself is rather basic. The bar makes some of the worst specialty cocktails I've ever tasted and the snacks aren't much better.
The rooms are basic - think budget-priced American motel - but adequate.
The breakfast (mine wasn't included) was expensive and not a good value in my opinion.
On the plus side, I was able to find a few toilet items I needed at one of the hotel shops at a reasonable price. This shop also had a good selection of books on SE Asia.

9 Thank traveler1111