“Great service and position in BKK”

Pullman Bangkok Hotel G
Ranked #89 of 858 Hotels in Bangkok

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (323)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Sydney
Reviewed November 19, 2013

What a disappointing finish to a great holiday was this hotel, stayed for 4 nights from October 29 in a executive room. Arriving at about 8pm after 12 hours of travel we were shown to our room the first thing on our mind was to have a shower and freshen up however our lights did not work in our room and had to ring for someone to come and fix them only to be told that one of the lights could not be fixed as they didn't have the parts so we had to have no light beside the bed and this is one needed to turn on so you can see the panel that operates everything thank god for iphone flash light. Had a terrible nights sleep on the so called renowned luxury bedding PULLMAN BED it had lumps which stuck into your back. Air Conditioning was not working properly and was fixed on our last day. We left our room at 5am to do a tour on one of the days and came back to our room about 6pm only to find that it had not been made up i spoke to the ladies at the front desk and was made to feel like it was my fault that i didn't put on the make up my room sign to which i replied that i had and after a phone she came back and said they were busy today and would do it straight away when we came back to our room it had been quickly made up with a torn sheet. The bathroom had a ornament where they put the towels it had a thick coating of dust on it i wrote a message on it in the dust and still there when we checked out i even showed one of the staff once again all full of sorry's but nothing was done. When getting a taxi from out the front make sure you take the number down of the taxi as we were ushered into a taxi by the staff that wouldn't put the meter on and tried to rip us off, only when i said i was calling the police he pulled up and let us out, other hotels in bangkok take the number down the staff member just went back to talking to other staff. Also whilst we were there we kept on getting a phone call from australia it was not a number we recognised so we asked our daughter to ring the number and it was ACCOR ringing asking to sign up to their club, how stupid are they, yeah ring a person whilst they are overseas. My daughter told them about our problems and they said ok no worries and hung up. This is the second time this year i have had problems with Accor hotels and after assurances from the Accor COO Pacific i thought i would give it another go, i even sent him an email that i was going to stay at an Accor Hotel again i'm really glad he didn't do anything about my stay i got to see that they are bad and not to waste my money. they ruined our present from our kids for our wedding anniversary earlier this year and now ruined the last part of our holiday. Oh one good thing we were very impressed with a young lady who tried to make our stay enjoyable a big thank you to Bella.

Room Tip: Another Hotel
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank ian4sueSydney
DanPullmanG, Resident Manager at Pullman Bangkok Hotel G, responded to this review, November 20, 2013
Dear ian4sueSydney,

Thank you for taking the time to share your review with the TripAdvisor community.

What we aim for is the utmost comfort and satisfaction of our guests and it is a regret to know that your recent experience with us was not to your expectations. Your constructive comments are appreciated as these help us determine which areas we need improvement.

However, we are pleased to know that you particularly appreciated the service of our ambassador, Ms. Belle. Your compliments will certainly boost her confidence in providing excellent quality service. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to be of better service to you in the near future.

Please accept our sincere apologies for any inconvenience you may have experienced during your stay. Our intent is to provide our guests of a comfortable and secured environment at all times. Rest assured that appropriate measures are in place and will be observed with care.

Dubai, Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed November 18, 2013

I stayed 3 nights at the Pulman Bangkok Hotel G and I would book it again whenever I am back in BKK. It is very central and you have all the best spots around there.

Staff:
The staff was friendly and very helpful, when it came to a quick laundry service request, explaining to me the fastest way to my destinations and of course they helped me a lot to get me a cab that uses the meter.

Room:
I had a small single room which was really cosy and equipped with all you need: TV, Bath tube, shower, safe, enough storage for 2 persons etc…

It was an overall very satisfying Business trip and I would highly recommend it to colleagues or friends.

Room Tip: Take a room in a higher floor to have the best view Bangkok
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Dear Dhruti D,

Thank you for choosing Pullman as your preferred stay for your recent business trip to Bangkok.

We are delighted that you had an enjoyable stay with us.

We are also thrilled to learn that you have appreciated the friendliness of our associates, the convenience of our location to major malls as well as our room design and amenities.

Thank you so much for your patronage and we look forward to having another opportunity to serve you again.

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 16, 2013

We have stayed at and reviewed this hotel before - I was contacted by the management and assured that the issues with air-con had been resolved and on being offered a really great rate for a G Suite rather stupidly took them at their word and returned. The temperature hadn't improved at all sadly and I felt like a fool for believing the Manager. I was then horribly insulted by one of the staff members (a word to the wise: if you're not super-model thin I would think twice about staying here - apparently the staff collectively believe it is ok to crack jokes about weight... I don't know many women who react well to this, do you??!! It utterly ruined my holiday - I would have hidden in the room for the rest of our stay had it not been like a sauna). I think this place does loads of coach tour trade - it feels like the sort of hotel that is trying to be something it just isn't. Suffice to say we will not return and would advise you to stay elsewhere for oh-so-many reasons.

Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
8 Thank Catherine J
DanPullmanG, Resident Manager at Pullman Bangkok Hotel G, responded to this review, November 18, 2013
Dear Catherine J,

Following our discussion on your departure day, the team and I would like to apologize again should there be any misunderstandings. The hotel team always tends to be friendly in order to relax and bond with the hotel guests.

I am very disappointed you did not enjoy your second stay with us but must say that the team and I will work to improve the services in order to avoid any misunderstandings in the future.

I remain at your disposal should you need anything,

I wish you a good day ahead,

Warm Regards,

Dan Benzaquen
Reviewed November 14, 2013 via mobile

Stayed recently for work function - facilities nice, cool room design, breakfast good but had to queue to wait for a breakfast table one morning - slightly annoying but not a big deal.

My overall impression of the hotel was good... until we stepped out of the front door and were ushered into a cab with a by a staff member. I previously lived in Bangkok for 2 years, so I know Silom is notorious for taxi crooks. However, other hotels manage it better for their guests - i.e. Not allowing staff to take tips from taxis to stop, writing a chit with the taxi info for guests (this makes driver less likely to rip you off as you have his details), ensuring the meter is on when the customer is in the car. This was my last impression of service from the hotel - disappointed to leave on a bad note.

• Stayed November 2013
2 Thank Travelernyc168
Dear Travelernyc168,

Thank you for having taken the time to share your experience on Tripadvisor, I sincerely apologize for the shortcomings you had whilst getting a taxi in front of the hotel.
I was very concerned when reading your review as it is our aim to ensure our guest's enjoy their stay throughout their time with us. The measures you have mentioned on your review have been implemented some time ago in order to reinforce the security and transparency of our team to ensure we only get proper taxi meters. However, as you may know, we unfortunately have situations where sometimes the taxi driver agrees on putting the meter with our bellboys but then tries to negotiate with the guest once the door is closed.

Once again Travelernyc168, our sincere apologize for this inconvenience and I can assure you that proper action and follow up has been taken to stop this from happening.

I hope to have the opportunity to welcome you in the future.

Wishing you a great day ahead,

Warm Regards,

Dan Benzaquen
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed November 13, 2013

My husband and I are currently staying here again! We check out today though which is a shame, as yet again, this hotel has been of its usual excellent standard.

The first thing that hits you whenever you enter the lobby is the sense of calm and the amazing style of the hotel. Next the delightful coolness of the air con finds you, and the staff all welcome you in with such sincerity and warmth.

Breakfast in Mistral is great. A fantastic selection of local and international foods that set you up nicely for a day of exploring this busy city. The Playground bar is quirky and cool, and perfect to round off your evening.

We have again chosen to stay in an executive room which means access to the exec lounge on level 27. A great choice and well worth the extra money. We were served by a lovely young man named X in the lounge who was keen to offer advise on where we should explore next, and wanted to know all about our trip. Thanks for looking after us X!

I'm not sure when we will next be in Bangkok, but this is the only hotel we will stay in, as its a sure way to enjoy our time here. Location is perfect and minutes walk from Chong Nonsi station. It's in the heart of the action, but the hotel is so relaxing.

Thanks to all here for making this stay perfect as always!

Carla & Jack

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Mrs. Carla Strong,

A warm welcome back to Pullman Bangkok hotel G.

Thank you for taking time to share your excellent experience with us.

We are grateful to read that you had an overall enjoyable stay in our hotel. It is always encouraging for us to learn that our guests are satisfied with our services as it is what we strive for every day. We are also pleased to know that you’ve enjoyed the courteous service of our staff and that you find the location of our hotel very convenient.

Your appreciation on the service provided by Mr. X is well noted. Mr X felt honour to have been mentioned in your review.

The feedback and reviews provided by you has not only boosted the confidence of the team, but renewed their enthusiasm and zest for the job.

I thank you very much for your patronage and look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back again soon.