“Funky”

Pullman Bangkok Hotel G
Ranked #83 of 883 Hotels in Bangkok
Reviewed March 25, 2013

This is a new hotel, its been completely done up in a really funky style. The lifts are actually fun to be in with great videos and music playing. Nice touch.
The staff are lovely although very young and their level of English isn't always as good as you would expect, but that's ok, they match the style of the hotel.
I had an executive room (not sure what that means) but it meant that from check in on the ground floor I had to check in again on the 27th Floor, and ended up hanging around for a while so the check in could have gone smoother.
The breakfast was also on the 27th floor in the executive lounge. The views are great and it a nice way of starting the day, as it's pretty quiet and peaceful. The breakfast selection wasn't great, there wasn't much choice but to be fair I'm not a breakfast person. One day I had smoked salmon and it made me a bit sick, but never mind, these things happen.
The one thing I didn't like was the fact that there was a complementary packet of condoms in the room, which made me feel like this hotel was used solely for ... certain purposes if you get my drift. That just made me think about who had been in their previously and that was really off putting and a little crude. I don't think it's appropriate and I don't think it's fair to generalize about your clientele or ostracize others. Get rid of that please!
Overall I really liked it here and would come back but it would be great if those little details were addressed.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
Payomphan K, Manager at Pullman Bangkok Hotel G, responded to this reviewResponded April 7, 2013

Dear Our Value Guest,

We would like to thank you for choosing to stay with Pullman Bangkok Hotel G and for sharing your appreciation with us.

We were delighted to learn that you had a pleasant stayed with us and particularly value our hotel. Your comments are most gratifying and will be shared with the whole team.

Therer was certainly a pleasure for us to be at your service and we all look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Reviewed March 24, 2013

The Hotel is perfect. In a good place, quick to rech coming from airport. Few hundred meteres from the night entertainment Patong. A good place to relax after a stressy business day, with comfortable rooms and restaurant. A wonderful view over Silom one can get from the top bar.

Dear Our Value Guest,

There was certainly a pleasure for us to be at your service and we all look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Reviewed March 23, 2013

I was very impressed with this hotel and was very happy with my choice. It is new, clean and with young helpful staff. It is also walking distance to Pat Pong Markets and a lot of restaurants, bars and clubs. It is very full on and busy in this part of the city so if you don't want busy and I mean busy (which is why we chose to stay in this area) I wouldn't stay here unless you weren't going to come out of the hotel. The hotel itself has 3 restaurants, one on ground level which is a bit casual it sells burgers, chips, pizza etc. (The burgers were awesome) one on the 2nd floor which is where you have breakfast in the morning and one on the top floor which is very a la carte and up market with the best food I had in all of Thailand (reasonably priced as well) as well as the option of dining inside or out and again with very friendly and attentive staff. There is a gym and pool (same level) with a bar beside the pool which is staffed till 10pm although he stayed later for us again exceptional service. It also has a spa which looks nice but we didn't use it so I cant comment on that. There is always tuk tuks and taxis out front and free wifi in the lobby with macbooks there for free use.

We traveled with a group of 7 people aged 21-23 and this hotel and the area its in was perfect for us.

Room Tip: Ask for a newly renovated room as high up as possible.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends

Reviewed March 20, 2013

This Hotel near to the business area and a lot of attraction, but this hotel need a lot of training for their concierge,unlike Accor M gallery, Pullman G Concierge and Bell Boy less supportive, lack of attention to the Guest. I called the taxi twice through concierge and twice time get a "scam" driver. Poor Services !

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
Payomphan K, Manager at Pullman Bangkok Hotel G, responded to this reviewResponded April 8, 2013

Dear Our Value Guest,

We would like to thank you for choosing to stay with Pullman Bangkok Hotel G for sharing your experience with us.

First of all please allow us to express our sincerest apologies that your experience did not meet your expectations. Your comments on the service provided by our staff and facilities are most gratifying and will be shared with our management and staff member.

Reviewed March 20, 2013

We had the chance to be upgraded to executive rooms. It has been a great experience, and I recommend very much this hotel for the quality of service and the rooms. The only point which should be improved is the swimming pool, too small compared to other 5 stars hotels. Otherwise, good food, excellent breakfast buffet, and very pleasant executive lounge.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
Payomphan K, Manager at Pullman Bangkok Hotel G, responded to this reviewResponded April 12, 2013

Dear Our Value Guest,

We were delighted to learn that you had a exellent stayed with us and particularly value our hotel. Your comments on the service provided by our staff are most gratifying and will be shared with the whole team.

Reviewed March 20, 2013

This is a time when I can say I really enjoyed a hotel stay.

The former Sofitel Bangkok Silom has undergone a mammoth refurbishment, so if you stayed here under the old brand, you can consider it a whole new hotel.

From the moment you walk in you’ll see this is not your average hotel. What I noticed here first was a cheeky sense of fun with lashings of ‘urban chic’ and the greeters will meet you immediately and create an instant welcome. Some folks might not see this and just think it pretentious, and if you are used to ‘plain Jane’ ‘cookie cutter’ hotels this will be somewhat confronting.

Dining is very upmarket, especially at Scarlett’s Wine Bar & Restaurant which has a great view and a predominantly Western-focussed menu. Great wine list. Downstairs there’s the 25 Degrees cafe which the hotel describes as “bordello meets burger bar”. I don't see that, but hey.

I loved the 34sqm room, great views, bright and airy. Talk about ivory tower! Flat screen TV, iPod dock (I should get one), free Wi-Fi and swank Roger & Gallet bathroom amenities (yes I stole them).

It was also one of the few times I actually indulged in a hotel massage and I went back for seconds at the Anne Semonin spa.

Everywhere you look there’s something new and interesting; the library, the meeting spaces, ballroom, executive lounge, outdoor swimming pool and fitness centre (even though I didn’t use it.)

For women, there’s a special ‘Suite Spot’ dedicated room with lots of girlie inclusions like fashion magazines and special amenities. Check out the cool G-Box for extra fun stuff. This is one funky room.

While I honestly loved this all hotel had to offer and the obvious thought that went into the redesign, not everyone will. It’s youthful, vibrant and lively – so-called ‘lifestyle’ - so if you’re used to a safer more mundane experience, you’d better stay clear, it might spin your head.

Room Tip: Really, there isn't a bad room, but try one of the funky suites if you're on a special occas...
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business

Dear Our Value Guest,

We would like to thank you for choosing Pullman Bangkok Hotel G as your accommodation choice during your recent stay in Bangkok City and for taking the time to share us your comments.

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at the Pullman Bangkok Hotel G after we re-braned from Sofitel we are very much appreciated to hear that you loved our new renovoted room and we already noted with thank you so much for your comment about breakfast.

Reviewed March 17, 2013

A perfect welcome and escorting to the executive floor level, where I was met by a professional and courteous service leaving refreshed with a drink while the formalities of check-in were arranged for me be an efficient staff.
This was my first stay in the Pullman Bangkok Hotel G and I was looking for a business hotel with good facilities to work as my hub in Bangkok when visiting once per month. I have already booked another 6 nights this month in this hotel - simply excellent.

Dear Our Value Guest,

We would like to thank you for choosing to stay with Pullman Bangkok Hotel G during your recent visit to Bangkok City and for sharing your appreciation with us.

Your kind words have been passed on to our teams. This will certainly motivate them to keep up the good work.

We all look forward to welcoming you again on your next visit to Bangkok City.