Pullman Bangkok Hotel G
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
The Peninsula Bangkok(Bangkok)
Paragon Inn(Bangkok)(Great Value!)
$54
$21
3,715 results
All reviewswhite roomscarlett restaurantthe executive loungeburger restaurantsilom roadwhite themetrendy hotelchong nonsi btsfloor to ceiling windowssilom areanight marketrooftop restaurantan upgradebreakfast buffetdeluxe roomhigh floorlate check
FilterAll languages
Reviewed January 6, 2013

The Hotel was located only 8-10 minutes walk from Chong Nonsi sky train station, you can spot hotel from the station so direction was easy. A welcome drink was offered after we check in which was a nice touch. The hotel staff was always there to welcome you by the entrance with a nice smile. The breakfast served on the second floor restaurant was exceptionaly good. We were a bit disappointed with the Tuk Tuk and some of the taxi drivers right outside the Hotel as the Tuk Tuk taxi try to charge us 400 baht from Hotel to MBK mall and the normal taxi don't want our business! I feel that the Hotel can do no harm by helping guest to flag down a taxi and speak to the driver for us. We will love to stay here again next time we come to Bangkok.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 5, 2013

Stayed Nov 2 thru Nov 11, 2012. Limo pickup at airport was on schedule. Like other reviewers, my wife and I were surprised by bell hops with black jeans and white v-neck tee shirts, but everyone was very pleasant and helpful. We checked in at around 12:30 AM, and the reception desk person was cordial. The room was quite clean, modern and quiet. Our room was on the 18th floor, meetings on the 38th. The views were awesome. The bed was very comfortable.

We had buffet breakfast daily which was excellent, with lots of choices. "25 degrees" is a great burger restaurant.

The location was great - walking distance to Skyrail, to the State Tower building that has the Skybar from the movie "Hangover 2". Many great restaurants within walking distance. The Pullman's concierge (Welcome) desk was superb. They directed us to three different Thai restaurants that were all great and reasonably priced.

I recommend this hotel for service, location and cleanliness. I forgot to mention that we had a conference rate that proved to be a great value.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed January 3, 2013

Me and my girlfriend stayed here for 3 nights at the end of December. It was our first time staying with Pullman, but being hoteliers ourselves we feel comfortable staying with brands that are well established and known to us(Pullman being part of Accor's portfolio). Unfortunately though, this stay was a dissapointment.

First a few good words about the hotel: We really enjoyed the room, had a lovely dinner at Scarlett bar and enjoyed some timely treats from room service. All the staff we encountered were also very polite and friendly. Unfortunately though, there are plenty more bad things to say about our stay.

Our first issue was with the cleanliness of the room; to be honest, the room was perfectly clean except for one part and unfortunately that part is the most important one to get right. Without getting into details, let's just say we found some unfinished business from (presumably) a previous guest.

We informed housekeeping and they promptly took care of the problem, however no apology was extended and no further follow-up was taken by the management. We understand that mistakes happen and we would have been perfectly fine if only someone had shown that they were truly sorry about what had happened.

The second issue had to do with the communication between the departments of the hotel; upon check-in, we had the front desk agent reserve a table for us at Scarlett bar the following night, however the next night we were told there was no reservation and that the bar was fully booked.

We appreciated the effort given by the manager, as he offered us to have a seat at the bar and enjoy a complimentary drink while we waited to see if there were any cancellations. However, at this point we were already very hungry and decided to go outside for a meal instead. While we did return the next day for a wonderful meal with drinks, it did not make up for the mistake as we were departing early the next day and therefore could not truly enjoy the evening.

The host at Scarlett bar blamed front desk, and while it is highly possible that she is correct in doing so that is not an issue for the guest, furthermore a hotel consists of many departments that should work together and I do not believe it is professional to criticise your co-workers in front of guests.

There were also two other minor issues that had to do with communication: one night I called for a dental kit however had to wait 30 minutes, then call again, then wait another 20 minutes before I finally received them. I was already very tired when I called for the dental kit, and 50 minutes later I wasn't feeling any less tired. Also on check-out we called for our luggage to be brought down in 15 minutes, however 30 minutes later no one had arrived to assist us so we decided to let it slide.

Upon departing the hotel, we asked the bellman for a taxi to take us to the domestic airport as we were heading to Krabi for a week. The bellman got us a taxi and we were taken to AN airport, but unfortunately not the right one. Fortunately we had been out on time and were able to take a taxi to the correct airport (at an additional cost of 500 BAHT) and catch our departing flight in time.

Now while I can be partly blamed for not knowing that there are several airports in Bangkok, the bellman should have made sure which airport I needed to go to and not just simply assume that I'm going to one of them. This hickup could have proven very costly if we would have missed our flight.

Considering everything that went wrong during our stay, you would think that there would be at least some kind of follow-up from a manager. As stated before, if only someone had shown us that they were truly sorry about what had happened, we would have been more than fine, yet Pullman failed to do this.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Jakob A
Reviewed January 2, 2013

The Hotel is well located for easy access to China Town, Lumpini Park, The Palaces, the river and the main railway station. Skytrain and Metro stations are close-by so, with their competitively priced rooms this is a good Hotel in Bangkok for most needs. The breakfast is excellent and the restaurant on the upper floors has a wide and very tasty menu!
One tip - watch out for the loose anti slip strips on the entrance steps as they are somewhat oversized which can lead to them actually encouraging slipping when the strip overhangs the edge of the step. The 6+ staff that attended me when I went for a slip and landed uo on my face on the pavement at the bottom of the steps couldn't have been more attentive though - perhaps I should have asked for some sort of compensation (which I am syre would have been forthcoming), but I had a train to catch.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on high floors - good views and quieter.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 2, 2013

Stayed here 1 night. Check-in quick, super friendly staff, nice modern deco (reminded me of W), room in all-white. But beds, wardrobe, desk, everything feels a bit...IKEA. At around 1am I got a call from the guest next door apologising but if we could quiet down a bit. Not our fault, the walls are made of paper... Location is so-so, depending on where you want to go. So overall I can recommend it but it was not as great as expected, especially considering the price. Dont forget: its not a new Hotel, it´s a refurbished Sofitel from last century!

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with friends