Mayfair, Bangkok - Marriott Executive Apartments
$200
$203
$155
1,049 results
All reviewssoi langsuanbedroom apartmentlumpini parkcentral chidlomwasher dryerhome away from homerooftop pool and barfull kitchenlong staytop floorcentral worldwalking distanceliving areaegg stationspecial thankssiam paragonbts station
FilterAll languages
Reviewed November 1, 2008

It is the second time we stayed in the Marriott Aptments, the first time we stayed there in 2005 and we enjoyed it much better the first time. The aptments are in need of redecoration. The furniture is quite outdated and need to be updated.
There was also a mouldy smell when we entered the room.
The staff however make you feel more than welcome and are very friendly. Also the location is ideal.

• Stayed: October 2008
3  Thank dd220786
Reviewed October 14, 2008

The formula for an enjoyable stay at any hotel is a nice room, great staff, sumptous breakfast, good housekeeping, peace and quiet, convenient location, and of course, this all adds up to good value. The Marriot Mayfair in Bangkok has this "success" formula. However, the underlying assumption is that guests are able to enjoy the full facilities for ALL of the time they are booked into the hotel. It was not so, during our stay. Although known to Marriot several days before we checked in, that their street electricity will be turned off on Sunday from 8.30am to 4.30pm, we were not informed prior or during check-in that we would be turned out of our room for the day. Frankly, all we wanted to do was laze around on a Sunday with a sleep-in and watch the final day of the Grand Sumo Tournament on tv. So imagine the shock we receive that we have to wake at 6am, get our act together, have early breakfast and leave the hotel before there is no airconditioning, no electricity. There is no way we could have stayed in the room. So did we get good value? NO. it is not a 5-star hospitality. It is dishonourable not to disclose a material fact to people who believed in the good name of Marriot before they contract to stay in one of their hotels. We should have been informed and should have been given the choice to go to another hotel. Instead, they just took the money and declared that it is not within their control. Marriot may have some of my money,they certainly don't have my respect!

• Stayed: October 2008, traveled with friends
11  Thank aromas
Reviewed October 12, 2008

We stayed in the 3 room suite for 3 nites. The room is big and nice,. I also love the swimming pool and jacuzzi which situated at the top floor. However, the are some problem, toilet flushing has some problem and cannot be used coz it get stucked. We didn't reported coz it has 2 toilet in the room and it was the last nite for us to stay. Besides, I also found the same flushing problem in the woman's toilet in the pool. I think they should aware of this problem more...coz is quite smelly.

Not sure whether is electricity problem or what ? is weried that when my friend watching television alone in the living room at about 1:00am, the lights switched off ITSELF suddenly and scared she off. Besides, my another girlfriend encountered similiar things happened, she used to keep the lights on when sleeping, she was little bit scared when she woke up in sudden at about 3:00am, the light was off by ITSELF....

• Stayed: October 2008, traveled with friends
5  Thank happyhappy_8
Reviewed August 29, 2008

I stayed in a 2-bed apartment (9th floor), perfect for 2 adults and 2 children (6yrs and 4yrs), although the second bedroom is very small and only had a double bed. Views were fab at night.

The apartment was clean, the kitchenette was very well equipped, we had every utensil there to cook and eat. All the appliances worked very well, including the washer/dryer to which we were provided detergent!

The lounge area looked tired and well worn but still comfy, the room had a small dinner table at the back. The main bedroom was very small, just room for a double bed and walking space, however, they do have ample cupboard space. The bathrooms were clean and tidy. However, the towels are VERY well worn out and many had stains and despite complaining, the towels never improved. Not a big deal but expected better from Marriot.

Room service was prompt and food was good, although there are some fab restaurants across the road you MUST try! The kids loved the fish and chips in the 'The Ninth' and loved the ravioli in the Italian 'Calzone'(staff were really nice and friendly). Prices, around 20 quid for the four of us, no alcohol or desserts. Great value!

The pool was too deep for the kids but the views were stunning from 25th floor and they have a nice bar there too. Spa service in the room was convenient and reasonably priced (much cheaper down the road though).

Location, fantastic. We were 2 minutes from the local supermarket (next building!) and 7-8 minutes from the BTS (train station) which is only one stop to the acclaimed Paragon shopping Mall. Train fare was approx 30p per person and its AIR CONDITIONED, quick and fun as it rides over a bride system. Fun for the kids. DO go to MBK, 2 stops, for cheaper shopping (bag can cost as cheap as 3 quid). There are fakes and good bargains to be had and make sure you barter hard!

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled with family
4  Thank subzy
Reviewed July 6, 2008

Stayed for three nights. Arrived about 5pm after flying London to Bangkok overnight arriving in BKK about 3:30pm in the afternoon. Took a metered taxi and it cost about 300-400 baht I can't remember exactly how much but it was reasonable. One thing I did that made the trip easier is that after I got money from the ATM I bought a bottle of water from the fruit stand inside the airport and got change - that allowed me to easily pay for the tolls.

The property is NOT well known to taxi drivers. Most know the street that it is on but have little idea of the hotel itself. The room was pretty good overall, but there were two things I didn't like. First was that I was told there would be a washer/dryer in the room for clothes - there wasn't. When I asked about this later in the evening was just told that no your room doesn't have one - no offer of moving us (which I wouldn't have done anyway once unpacked), nor of offering free use of the laundry. I used this the night before we left and it cost about $6 US per load of laundry and its above the pool on the top floor. The other complaint was that the kitchen wasn't totally clean. We used the fridge for drinks/snacks. There is a food store just to the right upon walking out of the hotel. Have to walk out to the street and to the right and immediately go up the next driveway to the food market.

The pool and workout room were very good. We really liked the pool and the view from the top floor. The other very good thing was the breakfast, which I had included in the rate. There was a cook to make eggs to order and a buffet with a good variety of foods.

Staff was very friendly, but not the most helpful staff. They did a nice job of arranging taxi's and ensuring that the driver was using the meter and knew where you wanted to go. I had booked a package that included a spa visit and while I wasn't one of the people there, was told that it was nice put perfunctory service and somewhat shorter than what was promised (40 minutes rather than an hour). And something that was kind of different was that they arrived about 10 minutes early and rather than simply sitting and waiting were asked to leave and come back at the designated time.

The hotel is fairly well located to shopping and about 25 minutes to the Grand Palace and Temple via cab - malls were about 10 minutes via taxi and about 15 minutes getting back due to the hotel being on a one way street. Overall the stay was pretty good and at a reasonable rate.

• Stayed: June 2008, traveled with friends