“Great home base for 4 days in Bangkok!”

JW Marriott Hotel Bangkok
Ranked #24 of 887 Hotels in Bangkok
Reviewed December 21, 2010

Booked the JW based on other TA reviews and we were very happy with the choice. Upgraded to an executive suite which let me be up watching tv at 2am thanks to the time change while the lucky wife slept in the other room. Executive lounge has a great breakfast and snacks throughout the day. Our room also included a Mercedes limo to/from the airport which was a nice touch. Easy Skytrain access, which we took to Chatchuka market on Sunday- incredible. Also did a temple/palace/city tour through Bangkok Private Tours which was great. The Thai restaurant in the hotel was very disappointing- definitely go out to eat. Good massage place in the adjacent shopping center- far cheaper than the hotel.

• Stayed: December 2010

Reviewed December 15, 2010

Top notch service. Excellent Executive Lounge that I have not seen exceeded in any of the over 60 hotels I have stayed in over the past five years. It is definitely worth choosing an option that gives you access to the lounge - which serves full meals for breakfast and dinner and has nice snacks available for lunch. The beer, wine and mixed drinks are included.
The rooms are fine, though you may need to adjust the air, which errs on the side of cool.
The pool and exercise facilities are fine and the concierge service is outstanding.
Overall, the best hotel I have stayed at in five years.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed December 13, 2010

We stayed at the JW Marriott for a night before leaving for Pattaya the next morning. The hotel is an excellent one for business travellers. We decided to do some shopping in Bangkok and decided to go to SIAM Paragon in our van, which turned out to be a terrible mistake. We were stuck in traffic for like 2 hours and would have been better of walking to the mall. The good thing is that I found some nice shoes at the mall which has some good deals for almost everyone.

My advice if you want to go for shopping do it around noon otherwise laze around in their pool which is nice. Evening traffic can be harsh.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled with friends
Reviewed November 18, 2010

Looks to me like they havent spent any money on this property since I was here 4 or 5 yrs ago. The rooms have old, tired furniture and are kind of dark. The bathroom was not up to typical Marriott standards. I'd rate this place a B. Nice touch - Platinums get 3 items pressed overnight for free. Liked that. No nice gift shop, no place to buy a quick snack, no Starbucks in the lobby. Executive lounge is fantastic with very nice made to order breakfast but I couldnt get past the small, old, dingy rooms.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled on business
1  Thank rikwynn
Reviewed November 18, 2010

*late check in at front desk (after emptying our pockets and going through the metal detectors). Room was a Suite with Club Privileges and Breakfast.
*First morning I went down to the Cafe on ground floor for breakfast and was told that my room rate only was for the breakfast in the Club Lounge so I ate there. It was crowded, had a limited selection and seating was taken up by quite a few solo travelers using 4 seat tables for their internet (I assume there was a power outlet nearby that caused them to do this). In the evening I went for a cocktail and found the lounge packed; they put out a good spread and I believe most FAMILY travelers economize by eating here instead of going outside; I felt like I was on a junket tour group with hungry piranhas.
*Second day I went and ate the breakfast buffet in the ground floor Cafe Restaurant. Although I was charged 700 baht, there was a greater selection, I could walk around without tripping over someone and had more space to read a newspaper.
*I checked out the gym facilities, they are in excellent condition and well equipped.
*The swimming pool was not crowded, and had plenty of lounge chairs.
*The location of the J.W. Marriott is excellent, the nightlife (good and bad) are just around the corner.
*Access in and out of the hotel to the street is easy for taxi cabs and the skytrain is steps away.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank sailorboy4real
Reviewed November 15, 2010

Really enjoyed our first stay in Bangkok a la JW Marriott. The staff were friendly, helpful and resourceful. The hotel was within walking distance to other good "sois" (streets), so we never felt far from the action. When we needed a good rest, the pool was peaceful and relaxing. Overall a nice place to lay your hat for a couple nights.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 18, 2010

Hotel provided an excellent pick up from the airport, which was expensive compared to a taxi however after a long flight it was very stress free from the crowds. The bottled water provided however was slightly warm and should have been chilled..
Location excellent adjacent to the sky train, which was just around the corner from the hotel.
Hotel bar prices were what you would expect to pay in a hotel, but what I didn't expect was to be bitten by mosquitoes in the hotel lounge!.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled as a couple