“Top class !!!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #31 of 849 Hotels in Bangkok
Trondheim
“Top class !!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 2, 2013

This is a top class (even for being JW) hotel in the middle of Bangkok center. I had my best upgrade experience as well since they upgraded me to the royal suite without any additional charges. The staff is extremly polite and helpful and you really feel welcome at this hotel.

The room was awesome with a fantastic view over the city. Room service was fast and you got what you pay for, and some more. Pool was nice and in combination with seats where you can order and eat food as well as being close to the exercise room it is for sure a nice place to be.

Breakfast at the lounge was an experience of delicious food and smiling staff. I highly recommend the hotel if you want to stay in the middle of Bangkok center!!

1 Thank Paal_Kri
peter c, General Manager at JW Marriott Hotel Bangkok, responded to this review, December 18, 2013
Dear Paal_Kri

Thank you for your review and for recognizing the JW Marriott Bangkok for its good city center location and facilities.

I am glad that you were impressed with your stay and that you have enjoyed the upgrade.

It would be nice to welcome you back should your travel itinerary bring you back to Thailand any time soon.

Best regards

JW Marriott Bangkok

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (480)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
Providence, Rhode Island
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 1, 2013 via mobile

I've seen several people give this fine establishment less than stellar reviews and I'm truly puzzled!

The service was perfect. My room was fantastic. The concierge lounge was amazing. Tons of soft drinks from 6am until 12am. I'm not a drinker myself but everyone seemed to enjoy the four hours of open bar each night.

I'd stay again in a minute and would be thrilled to be fortunate enough to do so.

Stayed December 2013
Dear Mike M.

I am thrilled to read your review and like to thank you to recommend the JW Marriott including the room product and the Executive Lounge.

It would indeed be my pleasure as well to welcome you back in the near future. In the meantime I remain with best regards and best wishes.

Santa Cruz, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 25, 2013

Our stay was brief but gave us a nice sampling of Bangkok on our way out of the country. Shopping higher and lower end available all up and down Sukumvit road which has sky bridges to cross over into the various shopping venues. The hotel interior is a welcome oasis after the hustle and bustle of this thriving city. Our room was quiet, spacious and comfortable. The service and the amenities are a big step above any stateside Marriott.
We didn't eat at the hotel but did go to the bar where the service was excellent.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank JaneHPM
Dear David W

Thank you so much for your recent review and for recommending the JW Marriott Bangkok to fellow travelers.

I appreciate your comments and the nice words you have for the associates and the hotel facilties. I do look forward to welcome you back again and like to send you very best regards.

Fort Worth
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 22, 2013

The people in this hotel treat you right from the momement you arrive. This hotel is in a great location with plenty of restaurants and bars in the area. The hotel is very clean and has a great pool area for relaxing after a long day working. This is the second time I have stayed at this hotel and plan to stay here on my next visit to Bangkok.

• 5 of 5 bubbles
peter c, General Manager at JW Marriott Hotel Bangkok, responded to this review, November 25, 2013
Dear David W

I am thrilled to read your review and the good words you have for the JW Marriott Bangkok. Thank you for recommending the hotel to fellow readers and travellers.

I look much forward to welcome you back again in the near future.

Very best regards

Hlinsko
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 19, 2013

I stayed two days in the hotel and was generally satisfied. There are anyway several things that makes me to give the rating 3 only. The equipment of rooms is old. Air conditioning noisy even at the lowest level and there in bathroms are some retro taps difficult to control the temperature of water. As usually in such old hotels I felt a lack of fresh air. Windows cannot be opened and just after two days my shirts became wet from the humid air. Fortunatelly they have very friendly staff and breakfasts are simply fantastic!

• 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Dear Zdenek P

Thank you for posting a review on this forum. I am pleased to read that you have particularly enjoyed the breakfast buffet during your recent stay.

I am sorry to learn that you haven't been entirely satisfied with the room product and the bathroom set up. The hotel has renovated 105 rooms earlier this year and will continue to do so until all rooms have been refurbished. I believe that the issues you have mentioned will be taken care of with this program.

Thank you for selecting the JW Marriott Bangkok and sending you best regards.

Amsterdam, The Netherlands
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 16, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here on free night certificates earned through marriott rewards, which was fabulous value since the JW is rated as category 5. I am a great fan of marriott and this again was a brilliant stay. The location of this hotel is superb, right in the middle of bangkok with the terminal 21 mall in walking distance and siam paragon easily reached by skytrain, only 2 stops. We took the airport train to phaya thai and transfered to the skytrain. Considering bangkok rush hour traffic this was the best and most reliable option. It only took us about 45 mins from the main airport terminal. As gold elite we were escorted to the hassle free check-in desk at the executive lounge and were assigned an executive room on the 23rd floor with a great view of the city. Room was good size and had a great bed. Lounge facilities were absolutely outstanding, with a live cooking station at breakfast and in the afternoon, and cocktails for free. I am glad I decided to stay here and can definitely recommend it.

Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Codici
Dear Codici

I like to thank you for your review and for staying at the JW Marriott Bangkok when visiting the city earlier this month.

It is with much pleasure to read your recommendations, the ease of getting to the hotel from the Airport via Airport Express and the location in the midst of Sukhumvit Road, close to shopping and entertainment.

Thank you for mentioning the facilities, the service levels and for being a loyal Marriott guest.

Very best regards

Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 13, 2013

I have stayed at this hotel, when on business in Bangkok, for the past several years. I stay, in part, because I am a Platinum Marriott. However, I also like the hotel very much. The location is good – very close to the Ploen Chit BTS skytrain station which makes it very easy to move around the city. It is just a few stops to the Siam Paragon Mall and MBK and Chatachuk Market is also on the same Sukhumvit line. It is also very easy to get to the river and the water taxi station – which will take you to the Temples and Grand Palace.

I always arrive close to midnight when I travel to Bangkok and arrange with the hotel for a car to pick me up from the airport. The hotel representative is always there waiting for me and the driver is always on time – and most speak English.

Room check-in is efficient. I email the hotel, in advance, requesting my room preference – and I am always given the room type that I have requested. The hotel has renovated the guest rooms and they are much improved from what they were several years ago. I agree with the tripadvisor reviews about the shower doors leaking – and I think this is a serious issue that guests should be warned about. The floors in the bathrooms are marble so, when wet, are slippery. On one occasion, I slipped getting out of the shower and careened, like a cartoon character, across the bathroom floor. I actually fell so hard that I thought I had broken my arm. I would be somewhat surprised if they have not had injuries resulting from this situation.

I love the Concierge Lounge in this hotel. As others have mentioned, it does get very crowded and loud, especially in the evening. However, the service is attentive and outstanding. The hotel has a policy that limits the hours that young children can be in the Lounge – and I fully support this policy and wish it was the case in more hotels, though it was not enforced consistently and I did see children in the lounge on one evening. Breakfast and dinner in the Lounge are excellent – with dinner providing “theme” meals. One night, we had Japanese Teppanyaki and another was “New York” night and another was BBQ night with grills on the patio. Afternoon tea is very limited. Others on tripadvisor have mentioned that there are prostitutes in the area and that the hotel “overlooks” the young Thai women going in and out of the hotel. Whether that is true or not, I cannot say. However, I will say that the Concierge Lounge is frequented by A LOT of older Western men who are accompanied by very young Thai women – and this has been the case for as long as I have stayed here and is a topic of constant conversation by others in the Lounge – it’s just so incredibly noticeable. I do understand the culture here, but I have been surprised that the hotel has allowed this form of entertaining to continue for so long. Perhaps it is because the hotel so depends on Western business travelers. Some people have said they have complained to management and management doesn't think it is an issue - pretty hard to believe that is the case given its prevalence.

As it is in the Concierge Lounge, I find the service throughout the hotel to be excellent. I have also stayed at the Shangri-La here. I have chosen the JW for the past several years because it is more convenient for my needs. While I don’t think it reaches the level of luxury of the Shangri-La, it is a very, very nice hotel and my choice when traveling to Bangkok.

Room Tip: I always ask for an even numbered room on the 16th or 17 floor that is in the middle of the hallway...
3 Thank SeeingTheWordFromORD
Dear SeeingTheWordFromORD

Thank you for a comprehensive and positive review. You have detailed the hotel's service right from arrival at the Airport where guests who's flight details are known are being welcomed a uniformed representative of the hotel. Thank you for mentioning the hotel's convenient location, the facilities and most importantly, the service levels across the hotel and particularly at the Executive (Concierge) Lounge.

I have noticed your comments about the profile of some of the guests and their visitors in the Lounge. The hotel maintains a policy that non registered guests aren't allowed up on the floors after 10pm. The welcome letter which is being handed out to Executive Floor guests states that all visitors are required to be registered. The hotel further enforces this rule by randomly asking Executive Floor guests for the room number in case of any possible doubt.

It isn't in the hotel's interest to determine the relation of guests based on age, gender or Nationality. The Management respects the privacy of guests, only getting involved when general conduct of an individual person is against general rules and regulations due to alcoholism, drugs, physical attacks or other misconduct.

Meanwhile all the guest elevators are equipped with key encoders, restricting access to the floor to key card holders for privacy and security of all guests.

I like to thank you again for recommending the JW Marriott Bangkok. Your words are very important to us in view of your "Top Contributor" status on this forum. Thank you for your loyalty and for coming back to the JW Marriott Bangkok again and again.

Best regards