This is a very nice hotel, and really is a resort hotel with good grounds and a large swimming pool.
It is located a little way from the central area of Bangkok - which can be a good thing or a bad thing. It means you are a little way away from the bustle in the centre, and of course it allows for a more spacious feel to the hotel. But it is a 15 minutes boat ride, call it 25 minutes by the time you have allowed to walk to the landing stage and a few minutes to be on the safe side, to get to the position you would be if your hotel was in the centre. And then you have as long as it takes to get from the dropping off point to where you want to get to. Having said that, we actually quite enjoyed the boat journey - just be aware of the location when you book.
It's a big hotel, 400-odd rooms, but the place never really feels crowded - mainly because of the large area of the hotel. Staff are universally very friendly and helpful. When we told the concierge that we wanted to eat at Vertigo restaurant above the Banyan Tree, he suggested going to The Breeze at the Lebua Hotel - it's only on the 52nd floor, but the view is still amazing and the food excellent. And their bar, on the 61st floor, was equally stunning. An excellent recommendation.
If you are a Marriott Club member, then the Club Lounge is a delight. It's just off the lobby, very smartly done, and with good service from the staff there.
Overall, it''s a good hotel, and I would recommend it. Next time though I might try the Lebua.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Tropical Serenity In An Urban OasisSet on the banks of the grand Chao Phraya River, Anantara Bangkok Riverside Resort & Spa is a thriving oasis offering a unique way to experience the City of Angels. Majestic palms swaying in the breeze. Spa treatments hidden within lush tropical gardens. Luxurious suites lit by the twinkle of the city skyline. Delectable meals fusing tastes from around the globe.Situated on 11 riverside acres of verdant gardens, Anantara Bangkok Riverside Resort & Spa seamlessly blends the thrill of urban living with the serene charms of tropical luxury. Imparted with Thai tradition and legendary Anantara service, this exotic Bangkok resort offers a respite from the hustle and bustle of the busy metropolis. Take in the sunset from the edge of the pier, watching as river life unfolds before your eyes. Indulge in pampering spa treatments set in the tranquil environment of your own private garden. Enjoy unforgettable meals at any of our 10 bars or restaurants, each offering individual delicacies. Embrace the unique harmony of luxury and nature within this stunning Bangkok resort & spa. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Ctrip TA, DerbySoft Ltd Shanghai HQ, Agoda, Priceline, Booking.com, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, Hotwire, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, getaroom.com, Cancelon and Evoline ltd so you can book your Anantara Riverside Bangkok Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Anantara Riverside Spa And Resort
- Anantara Riverside Hotel Bangkok
- Marriott Bangkok Resort
- Marriott Bangkok Hotel
- Bangkok Marriott