“Good end to our holiday”

Anantara Riverside Bangkok Resort
Ranked #22 of 851 Hotels in Bangkok
London, United Kingdom
“Good end to our holiday”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 22, 2014

Nicely located hotel - easy to get in and out of town via boat and sky train. The guys on the hotel boat were very smiley. The cool towels were always welcome.
The pool was lovely but quite busy at times, with the sunbeds very close together. We were there in peak season though. The pool area doesn't close until 11 pm and we loved coming back and swimming in the evenings with the beautiful tree lit up.
Breakfast was amazing. The best we had in Thailand by far.
The room was a decent size and the bed was really comfortable.
I felt the bathroom could have done with updating - a walk in shower would have looked better and been a lot more practical than the bathtub. Do people really take baths in the Bangkok climate?
We had an evening flight and were able to leave our bags in a safe storage room and use the hotel facilities until we had to leave which was very useful.
All in all a pleasant stay.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
2 Thank bod75
AnantaraGM, General Manager at Anantara Riverside Bangkok Resort, responded to this review, April 24, 2014
Dear bod75,
It is really nice to hear how much you enjoyed your stay with us, and the experiences you have had with our shuttle boat services, our pool, our dining offers and our personalised services. As for the room, you will be pleased to know an enhancement project to refurbish all our guest rooms will soon be in progress.

Please let me know when you plan to visit us again as has it would be my pleasure for you to experience one of our newly refreshed rooms.

I hope to see you again.

Nikolaus Priesnitz

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (998)
  • Arabic first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Glasgow
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 22, 2014

This is a splendid hotel situated bang in the middle of Bangkok. Built in what I imagine to be the old colonial style it is low-rise and spread out over a considerable footprint. We were only there for five days and had not entirely mastered the layout by the time we left. A fine choice of restaurants within the hotel complex, excellent breakfast and a lovely poolside area. Staff very attentive. Most of the Riverside hotels have free shuttle boats which, together with the Skytrain, makes it very easy to get around during the day. In the evening, if you want to go outwith the resort taxis are very reasonable and the choice of eating places astonishing in terms of numbers and quality. Make sure you have the telephone number of the place you are going to. Bangkok taxi drivers often go on holiday and get their cousins from the country to stand in for them with inevitable problems. Don't think the building number will help you. Numbers are allocated as the building is constructed. No 1 Main Street is the first, number 2 the second etcetera. That's fine until you realise that they were not necessarily built next to one another. You could find 1 next door to 24 so the taxi driver phoning the restaurant for directions can be the only way of getting where you want to go! A day trip to the War cemetery and the Bridge on the Kwai a must.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank sheriffb
Dear sheriffb,
I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us and appreciated our resort’s vast gardens, unique low-rise architecture, the amazing dining choices and most of all the attentive service rendered by our associates. Yes, we are indeed a tranquil waterfront sanctuary in the heart of Bangkok, with easy access to the city center by use of our complimentary shuttle boat services, and I am glad you took advantage of this facility.

I hope you will consider staying with us again on your next visit to Bangkok and again, experience the luxury of a riverside haven.

Seattle, Washington
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 21, 2014

Remind yourself that you deserve the best. Then book a room here!
We had the pleasure of happy people who smiled upon our arrival! Our driver at the airport was super easy to find as well.
We checked in super late and still they walked us to our room and got us all settled in. They little special touches did not go unnoticed! Even when I was signing the bill in the morning I loved the girls personal writing pen so much she gave it to me!! The fact that they spoke English was excellent and we didn't have to stumble over what we were trying to say.
The food choices were endless! Our fav was the breakfast and the excellent bakery that had some of the best macaroons ever! Trader Vic's and Benihana's were also excellent!
Rooms were clean as well as most every common area we were in. The quick boat rides to the other side were perfectly timed as well and free! We also used the concierge to book everything we wanted to do! We even took the time to hit up the SPA one night and it was so relaxing!
We travel a lot and will definitely look to book more with this Resort Group!! Definitely made our first visit to Thailand an amazing one!

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank Sharolyn M
Dear Sharolyn M,
I am humbled by the compliments and sincerely thank you for recognizing the little touches that not only make us unique but also express our gracious Anantara hospitality. I have shared your positive and encouraging experiences with the team, and we are all even more motivated to ensure that we exceed our guests’ expectations.

It is also wonderful to know that you will look into staying at our other amazing Anantara properties during your travels.

I hope to have the pleasure of seeing you again at our riverside paradise.

Rumbeke, Belgium
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 21, 2014

Nice start for our trip to Thailand, friendly staff, good location, beautiful hotel, very nice swimming pool, the ferry was a nice and convenient experience. But rather expensive to consume over there

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Dear peter v,
I am glad to know that the wonderful start to your Thailand trip went well, having spent your arrival at our Resort. I am also pleased that you enjoyed our facilities and the convenience of the little details offered to all our guests for a unique and relaxing experience.

I hope to see you again soon.

Breda, The Netherlands
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 20, 2014 via mobile

We started Thailand with two nights here as a gift from our parents after already six months of traveling. Imagine half a year of hostels and campingsites and then arriving at this place. An overkill of luxury and such friendly staff, we soon realized two nights was too short. We had a lovely dinner at the riverside and I even got to dance with traditional Thai dancers, what more can I ask? As it was the perfect beginning for our travels in Thailand, we're going to end it the same way. When we depart from Bangkok we will sure book our final night here. Already looking forward!

Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank timmmetje
Dear timmmetje,
How wonderful to hear of your fantastic stay with us and to know that you will be returning to stay with us again before departing for home.

Please let me know when you plan to stay on your return trip as I it would be my pleasure to welcome you personally.

Manama
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 19, 2014 via mobile

Overall a great 5 star resort experience. You get exactly what they advertise, and the location, friendly staff and boat shuttle just gave it a final touch. Except... If you are not used to the Western smoking fobie (like me and most long term expats are not used to this witch hunt that Europe and USA embarked into some years ago).
When I am visiting Trader Vics cocktail bar or I like to have a coffee at the large beautiful pool area, I want to enjoy my cigars. Although no clear ''no smoking'' signs can be seen, cigars are sold and ash trays are available, the moment you light your cigar or cigarette, you are firmly asked to smoke outside... Well... Not outside, but again pushed out at the far end corner of the property walls of the estate, where no service is available. There you sit in a 5 star resort, on a chair with no service. I respect the hotel policy, but that should be communicated properly and clearly.
So a star can be added if they do so in the future. Be warned.
Overall a nice hotel with a good selection of high end dining facilities when staying in Bangkok. I also recommend the Numero Uno pastry shop as an alternative for your breakfast, if you don't like to go for the overwhelming buffet.

Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Dear fhaentjens,
Thank you for your feedback and although I am happy to hear you had a great stay as well as enjoyed our dining offers, I am however, disappointed to learn of the way we had handled the ‘no smoking’ regulation. Please accept my apologies for this and you can be sure that your remarks have been taken seriously and steps are already in place to ensure that this will not happen again.

I look forward to welcoming you again should your travel plans bring you back to the riverside.

Auckland, New Zealand
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 16, 2014 via mobile

Excellent service and a very nice place to stay. Just one note maybe more staff should have a better English . I really enjoyed the pool and the food especially the one cooked by Danilo. A ++++. The bars are closing maybe too early 11:00 pm by the pier and 1:00 am the one by reception .

• Stayed April 2014
AnantaraGM, General Manager at Anantara Riverside Bangkok Resort, responded to this review, April 18, 2014
Dear Ti chilli,
I am pleased to learn of your wonderful stay with us and how much you enjoyed your time at our pool, and with Chef Danilo at Brio. Your constructive suggestions will definitely be looked into, thank you for highlighting them.

Please contact me directly when you plan to visit us again, as I look forward to welcoming you personally.