We returned to the Anantara Riverside after over a year.
Because we had an amazing time there in May2012, where we celebrated my husband's birthday, we wanted to go back there again, to celebrate my birthday!
It felt as if we went back home. It's an oasis not far from the hustle and bustle of Bangkok which is within easy reach too. The hotel offers a complimentary ferry ride between the hotel and Saphan Taksim BTS station as well as to Asiatique on the opposite side of the river. On arrival at the hotel we were so warmly welcomed.
The breakfast buffet was a feast!!. Did not know what not to eat - there was just so much to choose from! One needs to go early to breakfast to do it justice :-)
On the up side, I celebrated my birthday there in December and was sent up a beautiful cake surrounded by macaroons just before we checked out.
On the downside my husband had to remind them of the special occasion on the day and was told that they had not forgotten and would do something special - nothing happened for the entire day and he had reminded them twice until he went down to reception to find out - they had forgotten. But made up for it late that evening just before we were ready to check out.
As our flight out of Bangkok was a very late night departure, we paid for that night even though we did not spend the entire night there. As luck would have it, our flight was over-booked and we were unable to travel. We returned to the hotel and were given the key to our room!
I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone who wants to be in a resort setting and yet enjoy city life as well.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Tropical Serenity In An Urban OasisSet on the banks of the grand Chao Phraya River, Anantara Bangkok Riverside Resort & Spa is a thriving oasis offering a unique way to experience the City of Angels. Majestic palms swaying in the breeze. Spa treatments hidden within lush tropical gardens. Luxurious suites lit by the twinkle of the city skyline. Delectable meals fusing tastes from around the globe.Situated on 11 riverside acres of verdant gardens, Anantara Bangkok Riverside Resort & Spa seamlessly blends the thrill of urban living with the serene charms of tropical luxury. Imparted with Thai tradition and legendary Anantara service, this exotic Bangkok resort offers a respite from the hustle and bustle of the busy metropolis. Take in the sunset from the edge of the pier, watching as river life unfolds before your eyes. Indulge in pampering spa treatments set in the tranquil environment of your own private garden. Enjoy unforgettable meals at any of our 10 bars or restaurants, each offering individual delicacies. Embrace the unique harmony of luxury and nature within this stunning Bangkok resort & spa. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotwire, Agoda, Booking.com, Expedia, DerbySoft Ltd Shanghai HQ, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, getaroom.com, Priceline, Evoline ltd, TripOnline SA and HRS so you can book your Anantara Riverside Bangkok Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Anantara Riverside Hotel Bangkok
- Anantara Riverside Spa And Resort
- Marriott Bangkok Resort
- Marriott Bangkok Hotel
- Bangkok Marriott