Anantara Riverside Bangkok Resort
$146
$134
Travelocity
6,921 results
All reviewsthe rivertrader vicskasara loungeshuttle boatbeautiful resortfree callselephant barswim up barasiatique night markethotel boatfree boatboat servicejunior suitedinner cruisepool areasaphan taksina river view room
FilterAll languages
Reviewed December 30, 2013

Enjoyed another three nights in December here. I love being on the river, and the boat ride over to the skytrain for exploring, or to Asiatique night market/outdoor mall, is easy and convenient. It's also great during hot weather. The rooms are perfect, modern, and comfortable. The staff is polite and helpful. It feels like a classy beach resort rather than a downtown hotel. Online price from the website was fair.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank YellowEd
Reviewed December 30, 2013

A resort type of hotel in the heart of Bangkok is a rare find. The room is spacious and comfortable; the breakfast has many choices and great quality; the pool is very nice for family; location is close to the city but far enough to be quiet and peaceful; the fitness facility is one of the nicest and well-equipped one I've ever visited in a hotel (in fact, it's the first hotel I've been to that has kettlebell). Definitely will return, and highly recommended this hotel!

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed December 29, 2013

Fantastic hotel with easy access to city by free boat that regularly transfers you to a station.
The gardens and pool area are wonderful, so relaxing and beautiful to sit in all day. breakfast was delicious and had every option you could want. Rooms that look over the gardens and the river are the best.
Only slight issue we had was that they gave us the wrong room initially but they sorted it out very quickly when we flagged it with them.

Big choice of restaurants in the hotel. quite expensive and a complete rip off for water - 340 thb for a bottle of Evian!

Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed December 29, 2013

This was my first resort experience and I fell in love -- and not just with any resort, but exclusively Anantara. I was visiting from my job in Saudi Arabia and the Bangkok Riverside Resort & Spa was nestled among the comforts of a big city, bustling with activities to do at all hours of the day and night, but also the remote calm that can only be experienced among nature. I now follow the Anantara property on various social networking sites and the quality, service and serenity seem to be a staple. I look forward to my next stay, hopefully in Dubai, Abu Dhabi or the Maldives. Well done Anantara! You've secured a life-long loyal customer!

Room Tip: I was upgraded to a corner room and was able to see the river and all the beautiful trees! It was rainy season, but after living in a desert, that was welcome.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled solo
JanKK_13, General Manager at Anantara Riverside Bangkok Resort, responded to this reviewResponded January 2, 2014

Dear Mandieg54,
Thank you for sharing your feedback and pictures. It is great to hear that we left such a good impression that you now will be traveling to our sister hotels around the region. Please contact me when your plans are leading you back to Thailand. We have some great new Anantara Resorts in Phuket and Chiang Mai!.

Kind regards,

Jan Kirstein

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed December 28, 2013 via mobile

If I had to sum up our stay at the Anantara Riverside in one word it would be 'Perfect'. If asked for a second word, it would be 'Flawless'. If pushed for a third I would have to come back to 'Perfect'.

The staff, the food, the cleanliness, the hospitality, the flexibility, the sharing of information, the caring, the options...you name it, all perfect.

I am very comfortable in giving a 10 out of 10 for my stay here and can recommend for any traveller without any hesitation.

The GM, Jan cares. His deputy Marcus cares, all their staff care. The pride they take in working at this hotel is second to none and a breath of fresh air. A perfect full score for Pim who took extraordinary care of us and somehow was always there for anything we needed.

Can't decide which hotel to stay at in Bangkok, let me make it simple for you - stay here and thank me later.

Thank you Anantara Riverside for an unforgettable stay, vacation and experience. See you all again soon.

Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family