Anantara Riverside Bangkok Resort
Paragon Inn(Bangkok)(Great Value!)
$54
$21
6,923 results
All reviewsthe rivertrader vicskasara loungeshuttle boatbeautiful resortfree callselephant barswim up barasiatique night markethotel boatfree boatboat servicejunior suitedinner cruisepool areasaphan taksina river view room
FilterAll languages
Reviewed November 29, 2013

A very good property on the bank of river. Nice rooms, with a slightly moist smell.. may be due to its riverside location, otherwise nice. Lovely spread, with nice restaurants. Lots of shows and activities in the hotel, though at a price. Staff too keen to serve. A boat leaves every half an hr n drops you to the nearest MTR without a charge, so the location is not that bad. Amazing spread of breakfast. Good for couples on a holiday.

Room Tip: A river-view room seems a nicer option
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 28, 2013

We had a conference in the Anantara for a week. The hotel is a very nice resort situated on the bank of the Chao Phraya River in Bangkok. It is not exactly city center, but it isn't too far out of the way. The resort is very large with great facilities. The staff were typically friendly as is the case with hotels and resorts in the wonderful country of Thailand. The rooms were not expensive, but I am sure we had a great group rate. The meeting rooms, coffee breaks, and service associated with our conference were great. The room was nice and the toiletries were great. The hotel was clean and smelled great all over. I really liked the layout of the hotel and my room facing the river. There are two tennis courts, and we arranged a small tennis tournament amongst our company.
The only complaint I have is about the food and beverage department. Just about every meal I had in the hotel had a service hiccup of some sort. Some were full-on disasters. During what started as a nice dinner with colleagues at Trader Vic's, I had just finished my salad when I was informed that my main was unavailable. I had to order something else and watch as everyone else ate first and then waited for me to eat after my food arrived later. I have uploaded a picture of my joke of a chicken club sandwich. It came with a whopping two, paper-thin pieces of chicken that covered about half of the bread. When I complained, I was given a small plate of chicken to add to the sandwich myself. I didn't expect to have to make my own sandwich at a 5-star resort. My comment above about "friendly" staff does not apply to the F&B staff. The only rude staff I encountered were in the restaurants. I was barked at by the young lady at the ice cream bar during our buffet dinner. I guess it was my mistake for not knowing what flavor the unmarked ice cream was? Silly me. When my order was forgotten one night at the outdoor bar, rather than apologize, I was told, VERY loudly, "I am very busy tonight!" by the server.
I would still recommend the hotel. It is nice and a good price. The laundry prices do border on ridiculous. If you are lucky, the two very tall, suited gentlemen I assume are part of the management team that I saw several times on property making rounds will actually take notice of guests and ask how things are going rather than walk around having their own conversations. They couldn't be bothered to say hello to me or anyone around me.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed November 28, 2013

This is a very exceptional hotel.
Rooms are five-star standard, with very nice Thai and modern decor and all amenities.
Those with a view onto the river are really great, however, the other rooms are wonderful too.

The hotel itself is just very decent and beautifully tasteful.

The highlight are the gardens, which make you feel like being anywhere but in one of the busiest cities in the world... It's like a countryside resort. You don't see streets from the hotel's beautiful gardens but only the river.
The pool area is also very nive, with a (in my taste TOO HOT) jacuzzi and a pool bar.

Breakfast is fantastic, with all kinds of international cuisines: European, Japanese, American, Korean, Thai. Live cooking etc.

Also try a cocktail at the Trader Vic's Bar and dinner at the Riverside Terrace. You won't regret it!

And: getting there by boat from Saphan Taksin pier (located directly by the skytrain station) is just about the best way to travel from the loud, bustling mega-city to your private, secluded, five-star resort, in just about ten minutes.....

Room Tip: River view obviously better than city view. Higher florr obviously better than lower floor If you happen to get a room in a corner, it mostly comes with a HUGE balcony. Also if you have city view.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed November 27, 2013

This was a 2 night stopover on our way to Australia and it was a fantastic place to start our holiday. The room was very attractive and exceptionally clean. Breakfast was very very good with an amazing selection and variety of food. The restaurants all seemed lovely although we didn't have time to try them all. We enjoyed an evening's drinks in the Trader Vic's bar with the very entertaining Latin band. The pool was lovely and all service was really excellent. We would choose to stay here again.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 26, 2013

Beautiful hotel. A bit off the beaten track, however they do have a boat which drops you off at the Central Pier. The service was absolutely excellent, cleanliness great and room fantastic. Can't say anything wrong about the hotel but it just did not do it for me.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple