One of the reasons we enjoy traveling in Asia is the service and downright good value in 5 star hotels. Three nights at the Anantara Bangkok Riverside was a fabulous finish to our holiday. After check in we were escorted to our (upgraded) room by a lovely lady who was keen to ensure that we were totally satisfied. A small mixup had us allocated twin beds rather than a king. So sorry. Lt me fix that immediately.
A few minutes on the phone and were upgraded (again) to a junior suite. It would be be ready for 90 minutes but we were welcome to use the "wrong" room in the meantime. Why waste 90 minutes in the room when there was a delightfully good swimming pool awaiting and cocktails happy hour was about to start!
Take the evening dinner cruise on a rice barge that leaves from the hotel pier. It was a beautiful first night. If you are lucky enough, book ahead for Dining By Design. This experience is offered to only one couple per night. Sit in a private gazebo by the banks of the river of kings enjoying an amazing dinner served by your personal attendant all night. Totally romantic... but book early.
One night we arrived back from an evening firefly tour and were inspired to visit the pool (it is open until 11pm). The pool bar was closed but one of the staff happily arranged for us to be served at our lounges by staff from the nearby Longtail Bar. Most places would just say "sorry, we're closed". At the Anantara, the staff genuinely wanted to make sure we were looked after.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Tropical Serenity In An Urban OasisSet on the banks of the grand Chao Phraya River, Anantara Bangkok Riverside Resort & Spa is a thriving oasis offering a unique way to experience the City of Angels. Majestic palms swaying in the breeze. Spa treatments hidden within lush tropical gardens. Luxurious suites lit by the twinkle of the city skyline. Delectable meals fusing tastes from around the globe.Situated on 11 riverside acres of verdant gardens, Anantara Bangkok Riverside Resort & Spa seamlessly blends the thrill of urban living with the serene charms of tropical luxury. Imparted with Thai tradition and legendary Anantara service, this exotic Bangkok resort offers a respite from the hustle and bustle of the busy metropolis. Take in the sunset from the edge of the pier, watching as river life unfolds before your eyes. Indulge in pampering spa treatments set in the tranquil environment of your own private garden. Enjoy unforgettable meals at any of our 10 bars or restaurants, each offering individual delicacies. Embrace the unique harmony of luxury and nature within this stunning Bangkok resort & spa. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Agoda, Ctrip TA, DerbySoft Ltd Shanghai HQ, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Travelocity, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, getaroom.com and Evoline ltd so you can book your Anantara Riverside Bangkok Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Anantara Riverside Spa And Resort
- Anantara Riverside Hotel Bangkok
- Marriott Bangkok Resort
- Marriott Bangkok Hotel
- Bangkok Marriott