Hotel facilities: colonial style hotel with huge tropical garden, quite big swimming pool and nice pool surrounding area (pool bar, Jacuzzi).
Staff: very polite, really look after hotel guests.
Location: by the river opposite side to the main Bangkok activities but the hotel has its own boat crossing the river every 30 minutes from early in the morning until midnight. At night going back to the hotel by taxi will cost you not more than USD 10 for the ride.
Family friendly: perfect for a stay in Bangkok with children.
Food: breakfast choice is not breathtaking but it’s OK and offers enough choice to please Asians, Arabs or Westerners. Prices for food in hotel is a little bit expensive, compared to what you can find in the city (say double the price), but keep in mind you are in a five stars hotel so the food price goes with hotel standard.
Facilities: there is this fantastic tropical garden in the middle of the hotel so get ready to meet around the pool all kinds of insects, frogs, lizards,…
Can do better:
Room cleanliness: rooms are clean as long as you do not look under the bed or behind the furniture, then you will find the room very dusty. Staff need to be better trained or hotel needs to put more staff on this task (during our five days stay we saw always the same lady taking care of the housekeeping for the entire floor where our rooms were, while usually for such tasks in this type of hotel you would expect a team of 2 or 3).
Rooms: a little bit aged, especially the bathrooms, for which the hotel should definitely start a upgrading program to set them at current days’ standard
Restaurants: maybe due to the low season period, but hotel restaurants were most of the time empty
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Tropical Serenity In An Urban OasisSet on the banks of the grand Chao Phraya River, Anantara Bangkok Riverside Resort & Spa is a thriving oasis offering a unique way to experience the City of Angels. Majestic palms swaying in the breeze. Spa treatments hidden within lush tropical gardens. Luxurious suites lit by the twinkle of the city skyline. Delectable meals fusing tastes from around the globe.Situated on 11 riverside acres of verdant gardens, Anantara Bangkok Riverside Resort & Spa seamlessly blends the thrill of urban living with the serene charms of tropical luxury. Imparted with Thai tradition and legendary Anantara service, this exotic Bangkok resort offers a respite from the hustle and bustle of the busy metropolis. Take in the sunset from the edge of the pier, watching as river life unfolds before your eyes. Indulge in pampering spa treatments set in the tranquil environment of your own private garden. Enjoy unforgettable meals at any of our 10 bars or restaurants, each offering individual delicacies. Embrace the unique harmony of luxury and nature within this stunning Bangkok resort & spa. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Travelocity, DerbySoft Ltd Shanghai HQ, Expedia, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, Priceline, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA and HRS so you can book your Anantara Riverside Bangkok Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Anantara Riverside Hotel Bangkok
- Anantara Riverside Spa And Resort
- Marriott Bangkok Resort
- Marriott Bangkok Hotel
- Bangkok Marriott