We have just returned from a two week trip to Thailand and started and finished at the Anantara Riverside. It was our first time in Bangkok and we feel lucky that we chose a hotel next to the river - this made travelling around so much easier. A complementary ferry over to the main pier allows you to buy a day pass to get around with ease. Much better than relying on road transport and lovely and cool as well. Try to get onto one of the commuter boats for at least some of the journeys for a bit of hectic colour!
The hotel itself was very good - big, airy public spaces and a decent pool with a (pricy) bar. We only had breakfast on one day but it is fabulous and worth trying at least once. If you are travelling with kids, they pay half the normal cost. Staff are friendly and helpful and there is a lovely atmosphere.
The only disappointment was the slightly shambolic check-in process. It's clear that they just bung you into rooms as they become available after house-keeping and both times it was a pointlessly lengthy procedure. We did get room upgrades as a result but wasting almost an hour doing something pretty basic is frustrating. Also, don't bother going to the attached shopping centre - practically deserted with most units shut down.
On a practical note, it's about a 50 minute taxi journey to the airport and 30 minutes to the main railway station. Bad congestion can double these times apparently.
Overall, a firm recommendation.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Tropical Serenity In An Urban OasisSet on the banks of the grand Chao Phraya River, Anantara Bangkok Riverside Resort & Spa is a thriving oasis offering a unique way to experience the City of Angels. Majestic palms swaying in the breeze. Spa treatments hidden within lush tropical gardens. Luxurious suites lit by the twinkle of the city skyline. Delectable meals fusing tastes from around the globe.Situated on 11 riverside acres of verdant gardens, Anantara Bangkok Riverside Resort & Spa seamlessly blends the thrill of urban living with the serene charms of tropical luxury. Imparted with Thai tradition and legendary Anantara service, this exotic Bangkok resort offers a respite from the hustle and bustle of the busy metropolis. Take in the sunset from the edge of the pier, watching as river life unfolds before your eyes. Indulge in pampering spa treatments set in the tranquil environment of your own private garden. Enjoy unforgettable meals at any of our 10 bars or restaurants, each offering individual delicacies. Embrace the unique harmony of luxury and nature within this stunning Bangkok resort & spa. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with DerbySoft Ltd Shanghai HQ, Hotels.com, Expedia, Ctrip TA, Priceline, Agoda, Booking.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Anantara Riverside Bangkok Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Anantara Riverside Spa And Resort
- Anantara Riverside Hotel Bangkok
- Marriott Bangkok Resort
- Marriott Bangkok Hotel
- Bangkok Marriott