I cannot say enough good things about my recent stay at the Anantara Riverside Spa and Resort in Bangkok. The experience began with the car service from the airport. Having just arrived from an overnight flight from India, the chilled citrus scented moist towels and bottled water were quite welcomed. Upon arrival at the hotel, General Manager, Claudia Pronk, herself greeted us, along with a member of the staff with more moist towels and refreshing juice.
Claudia and her staff made some special arrangements for our stay, and made us feel like more than valued guests. In fact, after meeting the Sunny, the food and beverage manager for the resort, he personally delivered a basket of fresh fruit and juice to our room. Why such treatment? Well we simply asked where he might recommend we purchase local fruit. It would seem service is a priority stressed with all the staff.
The grounds and rooms are beautiful and very comfortable, and the location is perfect. Just a 15 minute ride on the complimentary hotel ferry boat and you are in Bangkok at a convenient Skytram station. It is also quite easy to get to the Grand Palace and other temples. But I must say that I found myself not wanting to leave the resort.
A visit to the spa is an absolute must! I recommend the Dawn Revitalization treatment.
While I don't expect to be in Bangkok again soon, if I find myself there, I will again make the Anantara Riverside my home away from home.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Tropical Serenity In An Urban OasisSet on the banks of the grand Chao Phraya River, Anantara Bangkok Riverside Resort & Spa is a thriving oasis offering a unique way to experience the City of Angels. Majestic palms swaying in the breeze. Spa treatments hidden within lush tropical gardens. Luxurious suites lit by the twinkle of the city skyline. Delectable meals fusing tastes from around the globe.Situated on 11 riverside acres of verdant gardens, Anantara Bangkok Riverside Resort & Spa seamlessly blends the thrill of urban living with the serene charms of tropical luxury. Imparted with Thai tradition and legendary Anantara service, this exotic Bangkok resort offers a respite from the hustle and bustle of the busy metropolis. Take in the sunset from the edge of the pier, watching as river life unfolds before your eyes. Indulge in pampering spa treatments set in the tranquil environment of your own private garden. Enjoy unforgettable meals at any of our 10 bars or restaurants, each offering individual delicacies. Embrace the unique harmony of luxury and nature within this stunning Bangkok resort & spa. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Agoda, DerbySoft Ltd Shanghai HQ, Priceline, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Hotwire, Orbitz, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Anantara Riverside Bangkok Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Anantara Riverside Spa And Resort
- Anantara Riverside Hotel Bangkok
- Marriott Bangkok Resort
- Marriott Bangkok Hotel
- Bangkok Marriott