We stayed in Bangkok for 3 nights, 2 at Anantara. The positives-
- very nice location next to the river
- boat service to the city; convenient and pleasant
- evening short ride to Asiatique (highlight of our trip)
- connection to the shopping mall; super convenient
- prohibitively expensive spa
- mess up at checkin (we were escorted to 'our room', unfortunately it was already occupied.. Had to wait for apologetic and harried staff to quickly rustle up another room)
- another goofup during checkout (husband notice just by chance that our bill indicated paid by MasterCard so-and-so.. Umm I gave a visa!! Seems they had charged some other poor bloke.. We actually don't know if it ever got resolved. When we pointed this out, the staff was bewildered and couldn't really understand how to rectify it. We just repaid and left, but I hope the other chap got a refund!!)
- it was raining while we were there; it was impossible not to get wet trying to reach the lobby from the room.
The room, restaurants, room service were all nice; not super luxurious but worth what we paid.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Tropical Serenity In An Urban OasisSet on the banks of the grand Chao Phraya River, Anantara Bangkok Riverside Resort & Spa is a thriving oasis offering a unique way to experience the City of Angels. Majestic palms swaying in the breeze. Spa treatments hidden within lush tropical gardens. Luxurious suites lit by the twinkle of the city skyline. Delectable meals fusing tastes from around the globe.Situated on 11 riverside acres of verdant gardens, Anantara Bangkok Riverside Resort & Spa seamlessly blends the thrill of urban living with the serene charms of tropical luxury. Imparted with Thai tradition and legendary Anantara service, this exotic Bangkok resort offers a respite from the hustle and bustle of the busy metropolis. Take in the sunset from the edge of the pier, watching as river life unfolds before your eyes. Indulge in pampering spa treatments set in the tranquil environment of your own private garden. Enjoy unforgettable meals at any of our 10 bars or restaurants, each offering individual delicacies. Embrace the unique harmony of luxury and nature within this stunning Bangkok resort & spa. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, DerbySoft Ltd Shanghai HQ, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Ctrip TA and Jetsetter so you can book your Anantara Riverside Bangkok Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Anantara Riverside Hotel Bangkok
- Anantara Riverside Spa And Resort
- Marriott Bangkok Resort
- Marriott Bangkok Hotel
- Bangkok Marriott