My husband and I stayed at the Anantara for a week recently. On learning that it was our anniversary the ladies at the front desk upgraded our room to a Junior Suite, and we came back to our room one afternoon to find it strewn with rose petals and a cake waiting for us. So cute! The hotel itself seemed very empty, which suited us. Although it's quite a distance from the touristy parts of Bangkok we thought this was more a bonus than anything else, lounging by the pool surrounded by gardens you feel like you're on an island rather than the middle of Bangkok. The restaurants are great, and if you want something different there are more places to eat just a short boat ride away at the Asiatique Riverfront.
The only thing that took away from the stay was a few disparaging remarks from two male members of staff, who were quite openly leery of me whenever I was without my husband. As the other staff members were so unfailingly lovely and I was hardy dressed inappropriately it was a bit surprising, but I never felt unsafe, only a bit annoyed.
Don't let that discourage you though, it's a great hotel with excellent attention to detail. Definitely recommended.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Tropical Serenity In An Urban OasisSet on the banks of the grand Chao Phraya River, Anantara Bangkok Riverside Resort & Spa is a thriving oasis offering a unique way to experience the City of Angels. Majestic palms swaying in the breeze. Spa treatments hidden within lush tropical gardens. Luxurious suites lit by the twinkle of the city skyline. Delectable meals fusing tastes from around the globe.Situated on 11 riverside acres of verdant gardens, Anantara Bangkok Riverside Resort & Spa seamlessly blends the thrill of urban living with the serene charms of tropical luxury. Imparted with Thai tradition and legendary Anantara service, this exotic Bangkok resort offers a respite from the hustle and bustle of the busy metropolis. Take in the sunset from the edge of the pier, watching as river life unfolds before your eyes. Indulge in pampering spa treatments set in the tranquil environment of your own private garden. Enjoy unforgettable meals at any of our 10 bars or restaurants, each offering individual delicacies. Embrace the unique harmony of luxury and nature within this stunning Bangkok resort & spa. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, DerbySoft Ltd Shanghai HQ, Ctrip TA, Despegar.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotels.com and Jetsetter so you can book your Anantara Riverside Bangkok Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Anantara Riverside Hotel Bangkok
- Anantara Riverside Spa And Resort
- Marriott Bangkok Resort
- Marriott Bangkok Hotel
- Bangkok Marriott