After six days in busy Sukhumvit we went to the Anantara for a relaxing getaway from the hustle and bustle over the Christmas weekend. We were not disappointed.
The resort had very polite, English speaking staff who were only too willing to help us with anything we asked. They even offered to upgrade our room to a lovely Junior Suite facing the pool. We politely declined so they suggested they show us the suite, along with the Deluxe room so we could choose. We accepted the Junior Suite.
The beds were great, shower was in the bath, a kettle with tea and coffee, plus bottles of water to clean our teeth. There was nothing we could fault.
The pool was gorgeous, not too hot or too cold. We could choose two towels per person which we found generous. The restaurants offered good food, breakfast was delicious, as you'd expect from a resort of this standard.
A boat shuttle ran every half hour to the nearest ferry dock and train station on the other side of the river.
Reception happily organised us a tuk tuk boat to take us for a two hour trip up the river with stops at Wat Arun and the Grand Palace, including a canal trip.
The resort organised for Santa and his singing helpers to pay everyone a visit by the pool on Christmas Day. It made the day seem a little more special. The children received a small gift from Santa.
We'd love to stay here again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Tropical Serenity In An Urban OasisSet on the banks of the grand Chao Phraya River, Anantara Bangkok Riverside Resort & Spa is a thriving oasis offering a unique way to experience the City of Angels. Majestic palms swaying in the breeze. Spa treatments hidden within lush tropical gardens. Luxurious suites lit by the twinkle of the city skyline. Delectable meals fusing tastes from around the globe.Situated on 11 riverside acres of verdant gardens, Anantara Bangkok Riverside Resort & Spa seamlessly blends the thrill of urban living with the serene charms of tropical luxury. Imparted with Thai tradition and legendary Anantara service, this exotic Bangkok resort offers a respite from the hustle and bustle of the busy metropolis. Take in the sunset from the edge of the pier, watching as river life unfolds before your eyes. Indulge in pampering spa treatments set in the tranquil environment of your own private garden. Enjoy unforgettable meals at any of our 10 bars or restaurants, each offering individual delicacies. Embrace the unique harmony of luxury and nature within this stunning Bangkok resort & spa. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, DerbySoft Ltd Shanghai HQ, Expedia, Hotwire, Hotels.com, Despegar.com, Travelocity, Ctrip TA, Cancelon, Priceline, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com and Evoline ltd so you can book your Anantara Riverside Bangkok Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Anantara Riverside Hotel Bangkok
- Anantara Riverside Spa And Resort
- Marriott Bangkok Resort
- Marriott Bangkok Hotel
- Bangkok Marriott