We stayed for 2 nights on the 4th and 5th of November in a 1 bedroom apartment on 19th floor at a rate of 3000THB/night inclusive of a nice breakfast.
To start with I shall let you know that the locality and surrounding is very decent, semi residential area with restaurants and two 7-11s, but it is some solid 15 mins walk from chit lom BTS station. I chose this location as it was far from the noise and bars/nightlife n a peaceful area and is in vicinity of BTS station.
Rooms and hotel overall:
-What it lacks in closeness to BTS station, it more than makes up for it in the decor and tasteful lighting in the hotel and the rooms. The long walks back from BTS were always worth it when you return to a beautiful apartment. They are very spacious and luxuriously decorated with all the amenities one can imagine in an apartment.
- there are 2 LCD TVs, 1 in the lounge and the other in the bedroom.
- Lounge sofas were very soft and comfy, though the bed was a bit hard for my wife but ok for me.
- The kitchenette is stacked with all the things you can imagine, crockery/plates, glasses (both wine and normal), pots, utensils etc. A rice cooker, tea kettle, microwave, tea/sugar etc.
- Very Spacious bathroom with glass partitioned shower area and separate bath tub. All bathroom amenities are available and are replaced daily
- Good breakfast with variety of pastries (danish etc) and croissants, fruits, and other dishes. Breakfast is from 7:30 to 10:30 but usually extends till 11:00
Staff and service:
- The staff is very helpful. The doorman is nice and guides you to the locations to see in bangkok.
- Whenever you need something just call from your apartment and they will come back to you in either case, but the effort is there to fulfill the customer's needs.
- We called for slippers and got them in less than 10 mins.
- Daily housekeeping is amazing as in addition to cleaning, all bathroom and kitchen amenities are refilled and even the dirty dishes are washed and stacked properly in the cupboards. a true serviced apartment.
- Staff always tries to accomodate all your requests
In short you can't go wrong with this hotel, I wish I could have such an apartment where I live. I would certainly stay here again!
Go for it and live like Kings in Bangkok. Laze away the day in your apartment watching movies if the weather outside is not favorable.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Duchess Hotel and Residences offers you luxurious living in the heart of the city, just ten minutes walk to the BTS Skytrain. With modern, elegant, spacious and above all comfortable apartments, The Duchess Hotel and Residences is designed around your lifestyle with a fully-equipped business centre, fitness centre and swimming pool all your convenience. This well-appointed residence enjoys renowned standards of international style and service. Stunning views across Bangkok CBD day and night makes it easy to see why The Duchess Hotel and Residences is the refined solution for city living. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Agoda, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Travelocity, Hotwire, Orbitz and TripOnline SA so you can book your The Duchess Hotel and Residences reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Natural Ville Bangkok Hotel Bangkok
- Natural Ville Hotel Bangkok
- Bangkok Natural Ville