It looked okay, when we arrived, but it toke 45 min. at the recepetioncounter before we could get our rooms
We were 7 persons, 2 of them were smokers, so they had to stay on a different floor. So our party were diveded in 3 rooms on the 10th and 11th floor.
The staff had poor communications skills through out our stay for 4 days. They called everyday to hear if we had another voucher to confire our stay and everytime I had run down to show them the remaning vocuher, and they found out they already had what they needed
They worst experince was the minibar. The drank a Fanta that had experired december 2005, and found several others cans that were to old. One can experired june 2004. Nice :-)
I had to complaine 3 times before they changed the minibar and the 2 rooms that we were staying had also cans ans beers that were 1-2 years to old
In all the time the staff said that a mnager would contact me about the problems, but he/she never did contacted me or the rest of my family.
When we finally checked out 4 days later, the staff agin requested the missing voucher that thay already had confirmed 3 times that they had. And wanted me to pay a feefor late check out. The "missing" voucher confirmed that we the rooms one more day, and had paid for these. But it still took them 15 min. to find the voucher
So please: If you want a great stay in Bangkok, don't stay in the Sofitel Central Plaza Bangkok
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located on the northern side of Bangkok, within the Ladprao business district and moments away from Chatuchak Park, the five-star Centara Grand at Central Plaza Ladprao Bangkok is one of the city’s timeless landmarks. The hotel, Thailand’s very first integrated five-star hotel and shopping destination, has a reputation for attentive service, sublime dining with no less than nine restaurants and bars, and bright and spacious rooms and suites of up to 170 square metres. Integral to the hotel is the Bangkok Convention Centre Hall and the Central Plaza shopping and lifestyle centre, together offering all that is needed for guests staying in Bangkok on leisure or business. Modern in style, the 565 rooms and suites command great views of this energetic city or overlook the hotel’s garden and nearby Chatuchak Park, and many can accommodate families in comfort. An oasis in bustling Bangkok, the swimming pool is surrounded by lush gardens and invites our guests to lay back and relax. Moments away from the pool, Spa Cenvaree offers a selection of treatments derived from traditional Thai, Ayurvedic and European therapies and modern rejuvenation practices. There’s also a state-of-the-art fitness centre and sublime meeting venues. The hotel’s dining venues include Blue Sky Rooftop restaurant & bar, locally-acclaimed Vietnamese, Italian and Thai restaurants, and a Chinese restaurant which features a very popular dim sum lunch. The hotel enjoys a convenient location, with the expressway and an MRT underground station and BTS Skytrain station minutes away. Chatuchak Park and shopping opportunities of Chatuchak market are accessed by complimentary shuttle service. Don Muang International Airport is a 20-minute drive away while Suvarnabhumi International Airport is approximately 35 minutes from the hotel via the elevated highway. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Expedia, Fastbooking, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Ctrip TA, Agoda, Cancelon, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Centara Grand at Central Plaza Ladprao Bangkok reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sofitel Centara Grand Bangkok Hotel Bangkok
- Accor Centara Grand Bangkok
- Sofitel Bangkok
- Bangkok Sofitel