Centara Grand at Central Plaza Ladprao Bangkok
Ranked #93 of 889 Hotels in Bangkok
Reviewed September 11, 2013 via mobile

The hotel is very nice, recently renovated in an excellent location that not central but right next to the subway.
However the staff seems to have difficulty understanding the most simple requests (call 3-4 times to finally get the booking data correctly registered, for breakfast in the club level we always got something different from what we ordered, the airport pickup was waiting at the wrong terminal etc... Small but annoying things)
Otherwise the hotel is very good, high quality, clean. Breakfast is great, gym very well equipped.

• Stayed: August 2013
CGLB, Manager at Centara Grand at Central Plaza Ladprao Bangkok, responded to this reviewResponded September 14, 2013

Dear Sir/Madam,

Hope all is well with you in Switzerland.

Thank you for your review and we are very happy to read that you had a good stay with us.

Your comments regarding the reservation accuracy, our Club staff order taking and our limousine service are well taken and I will personally look into them as to make the necessary improvements.

We certainly hope you will choose our hotel again for your next stay in Bangkok.

Resident Manager

Write a ReviewReviews (1,350)

Reviewed September 11, 2013

I spent over 100 nights at this hotel this year. Where it lacks in terms of the product, the staff make up for it and exceed expectations more often than not.

They had the largest tub I've ever had the opportunity to have in a hotel. I sincerely believe this should be the new ' standard ' .

The mall connected to the hotel is simply the icing on the cake for this hotel. Every single kind of outlet you'd ever need all under one roof. If that isn't enough, just across the road from that mall, is an even larger mall. Couldn't ask for more.

An absolutely spectacular club lounge awaits you at this hotel, with some of the best hotel staff that I've ever come across to date. They were extremely friendly and very accomodating.

The club lounge serves the best FRESH orange juice I've ever had !

The management at the hotel are more than willing to address any issues you are having in the hotel should problems arise, with the Resident Manager being especially down to earth and never failed to say hello and smile whenever we crossed paths.

I can't say enough about how much I enjoyed staying at this hotel.

Unfortunately here comes a few disappointments that are really nitpicking and nothing ground breakingly intolerable.

Avoid the Dynasty restaraunt if all you speak is English, I had an absolutely horrible time there. I was extremely disappointed.

The rooms on the club floors doesn't seem to only reflect club floor guests. I had on multiple occasions have some rather interestingly behaved busload of Chinese tourists making plenty of noise and just being indecent.

I had occasionally had an awkward sewage odour coming from the bathroom.

The laundry was returned in plastic bags which were stapled tens of times ... Very dangerous when opening it and very 'Uneco' friendly. I usually get my laundry returned in a wooden basket and I can remove my clothes from it and the basket will be taken away the next day. I think this should be something management should look into changing for sure.

The way the room was cleaned was inconsistent with every floor I stayed at, some floors were exceptional, some was just plain bad.

Plenty of tour busses running through the driveway downstairs and tonnes of tourists really spoil the ambience in this hotel at times unfortunately. Avoid the morning rush hour at the driveway [ 8 - 9.30 am ] If you don't want to smell like carbon monoxide by the time you get into your taxi

The worst experience I had in this hotel was a couple of scheduled power outages on Monday mornings which really had me fuming, but this was apparently beyond their control. I think there should be something done to overcome this.

This is the only hotel I stayed at, that when I left, I felt a tinge of sadness.

a big thanks to everyone at the hotel, and especially the staff at the club floor. You are in a class above perfection !

Room Tip: Get the corner room with club floor access!
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank gdavid87
CGLB, Manager at Centara Grand at Central Plaza Ladprao Bangkok, responded to this reviewResponded September 15, 2013

Dear David,

Warm greetings from the entire team here at Centara Grand at Central Plaza Ladprao Bangkok.

We are extremely pleased to read that, having been our long staying guest for the past couple of months, you had a very enjoyable stay with us and that especially our Club team was able to make our hotel your "home away from home".

Hope of course that all is going well with you.

Many thanks for your constructive feedback which is highly appreciated as this gives us the chance to further improve upon our product and service quality.

Your comments are very well noted and I will surely look into each one of them and take appropriate action where possible as to rectify the shortcomings pointed out by you.

I wish you all the best and it will be our utmost pleasure to welcome you back again in the future.

Reviewed September 8, 2013

My room was upgraded to a corner room. It's my second stay
Positive;
- hotel will provide complimentary airport limo pick up if its a 3 nights booking (or more)
- nicely decorated room with separate shower room and lux bath tub
- next to modern shopping mall, local shopping area and MRT station (5-6 stops/15 mins to downtown BKK)
- very good breakfast selection (local and western)

Negatives/Neutral;
- Busy hotel lobby / lots of tour groups; check in may be a problem if a tour group rolls at the same time

Room Tip: Ask for a complimentary limo service pick up from the airport.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business

Dear Sir/Madam,

Hope that life is treating you well in Toronto.

We are very glad that you found your stay with us a very pleasant one and that you were impressed with our room decoration, our transport arrangements and the large food selection that we offer for breakfast.

As for tour groups, they actually do not check in one by one as we provide these guests all the key cards in one go upon arrival. They have been pre-checked in already, thus not causing any delay for other guests who need to check in.

We look forward to have you stay with us once again.

Reviewed September 6, 2013

Overall okay. But room was filled with bad sewage smell. I was there only one night otherwise would have left. Asked hotel to do something about it, a guy came sprayed room with perfume and left. Next time will try to stay somewhere else, but if have to then make sure room smells okay.

• Stayed: August 2013

Dear Shashi,

Warm greetings from Bangkok.

Thank you very much for having stayed with us recently and it pleases us that your overall stay with us was enjoyable.

However I sincerely apologize for the fact that your bathroom drain had a bad smell and that our room attendant only came to spray which is certainly not correct.

I will look into this issue directly with our engineering manager and housekeeping manager as to address this matter and to improve upon on our problem handling.

We truly hope that you will consider to stay with us again in the future.

Reviewed September 5, 2013

Have been staying in this hotel a few times already but this time I was, together with some business friends from Germany, staying in the Club floor. Main reason was that we needed some space for internal meetings in between the outside meetings - and this was the perfect place to stay. The service at the club floor was excellent, staff speaks english quite well, the rooms are probably the same as in other floors, but they come with some small extras (laundry, etc).
In case of special requests during the stay (4 nights) the staff attended to these immediately and tried to really make you feel comfortable.
The breakfast spread in the club floor lounge is well sorted, not as much variety as in the ground floor, though - but I was satisfied - especially since every coffee was a fresh brewed one, that is an advantage over the ground floor coffee house.
Location-wise I would like to add that this time we tried out to go to town by train and it was convenient, easy and fast. Of course, having the Central Mall right next door provides another opportunity with shopping and eateries - but our friends needed also to get an impression of the night market n Patphong and the Sukumvit area.
All in all, this stay was certainly a memorable one; looking forward to staying in this hotel again.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business

Dear Hans,

Hope all is well with you in Petaling Jaya.

Many thanks for having stayed with us again recently.

It gives us great fulfillment that you were in particular very happy with our Club facilities and the high level of hospitality provided to you by our Club team.

We will certainly reward them for their efforts.

The entire team is looking forward to welcome you back to our hotel again soon.

Reviewed August 23, 2013

Had a pleasant and restful stay in this hotel. Stayed for 3 nights for a business meeting, was booked in one of the club floors and i loved the food both at the sky lounge and at the breakfast area.

I am very particular about the bed and pillows and shower area, and this hotel met my expectations.

They even gave me additional services such as transfers to and from airport for a minimum number of days stay.

Connecting to Central mall and near the weekend market, with shuttle service to the nearest train station.

I would definitely stay in this hotel again

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
CGLB, Manager at Centara Grand at Central Plaza Ladprao Bangkok, responded to this reviewResponded August 28, 2013

Dear Misha,

Hope that life is treating you well in the Philippines.

Thank you very much for your review and it is great to see that you enjoyed your stay at our hotel and in particular were pleased with our Executive Lounge facilities, our comfortable bed & bathroom and our hotel being well located next to department store and the Chatuchak weekend market.

The entire team is highly appreciative and we look forward to have you stay with us again in the near future.

Reviewed August 22, 2013

I have stayed in this hotel several times for business because it is close to my customer's office and it is connected to a shopping mall. On this trip I was there twice and had two different experiences... The first night I stayed there I was given a room that was really large and had a separate soaking tub. Two nights later, I came back to the hotel and I was told that I had an upgrade to the premium class - I have no idea why... This time I was up on the 20th floor but in a smaller room. I got a few more perks - two free pieces of laundry per day, use of the 24th floor lounge and some discounts on the very expensive spa. I had breakfast one day downstairs and the other upstairs. I personally prefered the breakfast downstairs - there is a lot more variety. Here are my thoughts...

Good
- Clean rooms
- Breakfast downstairs is very good
- Good location close to restaurants and shopping

Other
- Only one free connection to internet at a time. You have to pay for extra connections. This is SO annoying expecially when less expensive hotels give it to you for free.
- I sent my laundry out and it was returned not in a very good way. I am used to 5 star hotels nicely wrapping or hangning or putting it in a basket or something with my laundry. There was just a small piece of paper traped around the middle of my undergarments holding them together. They weren't even in a bag.
- Bed is a little too hard for my taste. Again for a 5 star hotel one would expect a more comfortable bed
- Lighting in the bathroom is very poor - I couldn't see very well to put my makeup on. Lighting is too dim around the sink.

I will probably stay here again because of the proximity to my customer's office.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business

Dear Madam,

Thank you very much for having stayed with us again and for your constructive comments which we truly appreciate, especially you being our regular guest. It is good to read that overall your stay was a satisfying one.

At times based upon our occupancy we do provide an upgrade, which you received, but it is possible that the room type and benefits can vary depending on availability of the room or the original room type and package that you booked.

Your points concerning the internet, your bed and the bathroom light are well noted and action will be taken upon them where possible. We do offer additional mattress toppers which can make our beds even more comfortable. For our laundry packaging, we try to minimize packaging as part of our commitment to Earthcheck as well as to preserve the environment. However I will review this with our housekeeping manager and see where we can make (needed) improvements.

Please feel free to send me an email at: jeroenjo@chr.co.th as this will enable us to put all your personal preferences into our guest history profile and to ensure that for your next visit we can make your stay even more comfortable.

We are looking forward to welcome you back soon.