We had booked for Club Deluxe room in July. As it was monsoon season and our kid was not even 2 yrs old we were apprehensive about too much sight seeing. Centara is linked to Central Plaza. I think this is one of the best hotels to stay in, if you have limitation in moving around.
Central Plaza is quite a big mall so a shopper can spend some good time here. However most of the stuff here is branded and the prices are not exactly cheap. In the basement of the mall though you may get some good bargains.
Also incase you are not very found of trying out Thai food you can find Mc Donalds, KFC, Cold stone etc here.
The Hotel club lounge serves snacks almost throughout the day. So incase you are determined to stay in the hotel it makes real good sense to go for the club deals.
There are not many things around the hotel however if you are at the hotel during the weekend you should not miss the Chatuchak market. The hotel offers complimentary drops every 2-3 hours.
Then there is Dusit Zoo which is also in close proximity.
Coming back to the hotel. The aesthetics of the hotel is slightly old fashioned but well maintained. The rooms were clean and well maintained. The pool not very big and situated very far away from the rooms in one corner. It wasn't very inviting.
We did not dine at any of the restuarants but ordered food by room service. The food was excellent which is very rare. In most hotels room serviced food is not great but here it was wonderful. Breakfast is served a Chatuchak cafe. It had a good variety of Thai and continental cuisines. Breads and cakes were limited though.
Most of the staff is really friendly. I was traveling with my wife and 1.8 yr old kid. It was really nice to see how the staff would interact my kid and make him comfortable.
There is one thing that I really appreciate about Centara is some of their good practices and care in ensuring our comfort.
Every time we would call for a cab. The bell boy would hand over a card which mentions the car no., brand, color etc.
We had kept our digicam in the our childs stroller. This one time on when we called for a cab we accidently dropped the camera in the trunk of the cab. I had lost any hopes of finding the camera. But my wife was very disappointed about losing the camera which was filled with memories. She said lets at least have a word with the Bell captain if anything was found at the hotel entrance. I must say the Bell Captain acted like a true captain. He enquired in the lost and found. Unfortunately nothing was found. He then took all the details of the camera, the cab, time of the event etc and said that he would check if it could be found. We had little hope of finding our camera as we were checking out the next day. A few hours when we were reached the hotel. The Bell Captain exclaimed “Madam! You are really very lucky”. I couldn’t believe our luck on how the Bell Captain got in touch with the cab driver and got the camera delivered. Full marks to the Bell Captain.
However, on our way back to the airport once we sat in the taxi, the cab driver insisted they he would not be going by the meter and demanded charges as THB 500 + toll charges extra. So we ended up paying THB 630 for our drive back to the airport.
I thought the hotel should of informed us before we got into the taxi that the cab driver would not be following the meter.
Overall, it was very pleasant stay at Centara Ladprao and wouldn't think twice about staying there.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located on the northern side of Bangkok, within the Ladprao business district and moments away from Chatuchak Park, the five-star Centara Grand at Central Plaza Ladprao Bangkok is one of the city’s timeless landmarks. The hotel, Thailand’s very first integrated five-star hotel and shopping destination, has a reputation for attentive service, sublime dining with no less than nine restaurants and bars, and bright and spacious rooms and suites of up to 170 square metres. Integral to the hotel is the Bangkok Convention Centre Hall and the Central Plaza shopping and lifestyle centre, together offering all that is needed for guests staying in Bangkok on leisure or business. Modern in style, the 565 rooms and suites command great views of this energetic city or overlook the hotel’s garden and nearby Chatuchak Park, and many can accommodate families in comfort. An oasis in bustling Bangkok, the swimming pool is surrounded by lush gardens and invites our guests to lay back and relax. Moments away from the pool, Spa Cenvaree offers a selection of treatments derived from traditional Thai, Ayurvedic and European therapies and modern rejuvenation practices. There’s also a state-of-the-art fitness centre and sublime meeting venues. The hotel’s dining venues include Blue Sky Rooftop restaurant & bar, locally-acclaimed Vietnamese, Italian and Thai restaurants, and a Chinese restaurant which features a very popular dim sum lunch. The hotel enjoys a convenient location, with the expressway and an MRT underground station and BTS Skytrain station minutes away. Chatuchak Park and shopping opportunities of Chatuchak market are accessed by complimentary shuttle service. Don Muang International Airport is a 20-minute drive away while Suvarnabhumi International Airport is approximately 35 minutes from the hotel via the elevated highway. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Priceline, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Fastbooking, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, Hotwire, getaroom.com, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and HRS so you can book your Centara Grand at Central Plaza Ladprao Bangkok reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sofitel Centara Grand Bangkok Hotel Bangkok
- Accor Centara Grand Bangkok
- Sofitel Bangkok
- Bangkok Sofitel