I used my Royal Thai Orchid mileage for my stay. To my surprised we were treated as a sub standard customer. They slapped us with all kind of charges some of them are understandable such as taxes. In their online advertisement they claimed rooms with Wifi for one user. When I checked in and requested for password, I was told I have to pay additional charge. I followed procedure provided by Thai Airways contacting their reservation email address and received a confirmation from the reservation manager. She told me that breakfast did not come with the room and we have to pay for taxes and service charge which I was fine with. I protested but no solutions even when I contacted the Thai Airways. I was told if I had booked into another Centara Grand there would be no charge for internet. The policy is up to the property owner (I will talk more about this in Thai Airways Royal Orchids Plus).
The room is standard size and it was cleaned. I was surprised to discover the non smoking rooms are in the same corridor as smoking rooms. You can smell cigarettes smoke in the hallway.
We were assigned room on 19th. Floor facing the street. We heard this drum playing from outside and thought it would be over within a few hours, surprise they played this drum from morning until 6 PM for the 3 days we stayed there. None of the hotel staffs knew what was going on. We noticed large tour groups staying here. It was confirmed that they catered to tour groups than normal customers. In the restaurant we ordered off menu for our breakfast. I ordered waffle but it took them 45 minutes of have my waffle ready. There was not any butter and a small amount of syrup. When the plate was put in front of me that was it. I could not find our waitress for the missing items until when the bill arrived. I learned my lesson, I ordered pastry for the remaining of our stay and had lunches and dinners at the outside hotel restaurants. The maids were polite and very friendly. They always said "Sawatdee is" to us. This hotel is supposed to be a five stars hotel. In my opinion 3 stars should be sufficient.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located on the northern side of Bangkok, within the Ladprao business district and moments away from Chatuchak Park, the five-star Centara Grand at Central Plaza Ladprao Bangkok is one of the city’s timeless landmarks. The hotel, Thailand’s very first integrated five-star hotel and shopping destination, has a reputation for attentive service, sublime dining with no less than nine restaurants and bars, and bright and spacious rooms and suites of up to 170 square metres. Integral to the hotel is the Bangkok Convention Centre Hall and the Central Plaza shopping and lifestyle centre, together offering all that is needed for guests staying in Bangkok on leisure or business. Modern in style, the 565 rooms and suites command great views of this energetic city or overlook the hotel’s garden and nearby Chatuchak Park, and many can accommodate families in comfort. An oasis in bustling Bangkok, the swimming pool is surrounded by lush gardens and invites our guests to lay back and relax. Moments away from the pool, Spa Cenvaree offers a selection of treatments derived from traditional Thai, Ayurvedic and European therapies and modern rejuvenation practices. There’s also a state-of-the-art fitness centre and sublime meeting venues. The hotel’s dining venues include Blue Sky Rooftop restaurant & bar, locally-acclaimed Vietnamese, Italian and Thai restaurants, and a Chinese restaurant which features a very popular dim sum lunch. The hotel enjoys a convenient location, with the expressway and an MRT underground station and BTS Skytrain station minutes away. Chatuchak Park and shopping opportunities of Chatuchak market are accessed by complimentary shuttle service. Don Muang International Airport is a 20-minute drive away while Suvarnabhumi International Airport is approximately 35 minutes from the hotel via the elevated highway. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Fastbooking, Booking.com, Hotwire, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Orbitz, Ctrip TA, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and HRS so you can book your Centara Grand at Central Plaza Ladprao Bangkok reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sofitel Centara Grand Bangkok Hotel Bangkok
- Accor Centara Grand Bangkok
- Sofitel Bangkok
- Bangkok Sofitel