I stayed there for a long weekend with my family and girlfriend a couple weeks ago. We chose this hotel initially because we wanted to go the chaktuchak market during weekend as well as the small malls and central mall attached next to the hotel.
The lobby looks pretty big and grand as the long sofas give you ample of space to sit down. Check-in time was acceptable although the front desk agent wasn't as friendly maybe because she didnt really comprehend english.
We were given three rooms (610.611.612) so it was pretty convenient for us to find each other. The rooms were neat and tidy especially the bathroom as it looks very modern.
Next morning when we were about to go downstairs for breakfast the bathroom there was a foul sewage smell. We called housekeeping to follow on that while we were out and the smell was gone by the time we came back late at night.
The same smell came up again the next morning after flushing and this time it was even worse. I had no choice but to spray my adidas deodorant to neutralize the smell. This time i didnt bother calling housekeeping because we were going to leave the next day anyway.
Overall, i am quite impressed with the refurbishment of his hotel (aside from the sewage smell in the bathroom) until the last day when we headed down for breakfast at their coffee shop/restaurant.
For the past few days, the servers/waiters' service were below par but we overlooked it because the food was pretty good especially the croissant and danish.
As we were going in to the coffee shop we saw a signage that said "men are not allowed to wear singlets" (along the lines of). I was wearing a tank top with shorts. There was no hostess at the counter so one of the waiters came and told me to put on a tshirt because men wearing singlets or tanktops arent allowed to enter. I was surprised because the signage wasnt there for the past two days so i replied to the waiter that i wore the exact same thing yesterday and the day before but no one approached me at all with this concern. I guess she didnt understand english so she just directed us to a table. When we were walking towards the table another waiter told me to leave because i wasn't following the dress code. The thing that really irritated me was her attitude. On top of that, what makes men wearing tanktops worse than women wearing spaghetti tops? I didn't see any one wearing suits or whatsoever, so i don't see the point at all in enforcing this policy.
I went back up to change because i wanted to eat instead of dealing with waiters who dont care about their guests' feelings.
When my family came down as well, no one came to offer coffee/tea and set up the cutleries. Needless to say, i was
No - i won't be staying at this hotel again. I've never recieved poor service in the past hotels i stayed before in bkk so i was pretty upset.
If you are all about the value, this hotel could be right for you. But ifyou also value service, never go to this hotel please. I honestly didnt need a server to ruin my day especially when i was on a vacation.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located on the northern side of Bangkok, within the Ladprao business district and moments away from Chatuchak Park, the five-star Centara Grand at Central Plaza Ladprao Bangkok is one of the city’s timeless landmarks. The hotel, Thailand’s very first integrated five-star hotel and shopping destination, has a reputation for attentive service, sublime dining with no less than nine restaurants and bars, and bright and spacious rooms and suites of up to 170 square metres. Integral to the hotel is the Bangkok Convention Centre Hall and the Central Plaza shopping and lifestyle centre, together offering all that is needed for guests staying in Bangkok on leisure or business. Modern in style, the 565 rooms and suites command great views of this energetic city or overlook the hotel’s garden and nearby Chatuchak Park, and many can accommodate families in comfort. An oasis in bustling Bangkok, the swimming pool is surrounded by lush gardens and invites our guests to lay back and relax. Moments away from the pool, Spa Cenvaree offers a selection of treatments derived from traditional Thai, Ayurvedic and European therapies and modern rejuvenation practices. There’s also a state-of-the-art fitness centre and sublime meeting venues. The hotel’s dining venues include Blue Sky Rooftop restaurant & bar, locally-acclaimed Vietnamese, Italian and Thai restaurants, and a Chinese restaurant which features a very popular dim sum lunch. The hotel enjoys a convenient location, with the expressway and an MRT underground station and BTS Skytrain station minutes away. Chatuchak Park and shopping opportunities of Chatuchak market are accessed by complimentary shuttle service. Don Muang International Airport is a 20-minute drive away while Suvarnabhumi International Airport is approximately 35 minutes from the hotel via the elevated highway. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Hotwire, Priceline, Ctrip TA, Expedia, Fastbooking, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Cancelon, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly and HRS so you can book your Centara Grand at Central Plaza Ladprao Bangkok reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sofitel Centara Grand Bangkok Hotel Bangkok
- Accor Centara Grand Bangkok
- Sofitel Bangkok
- Bangkok Sofitel