Tripadvisor
Bangkok
1,123 results
All reviews soi ruamrudee walk in wardrobe rooftop pool small kitchen spacious rooms bts station convenience store home away from home free tuk tuk walking distance fitness center business trip hotel is located living room easy access location is great siam paragon
Selected filters
Reviewed January 17, 2020

Pros: Hotel staff were really nice. they made an effort to provide personalised effort (and remembered I liked half boiled eggs after the first attempt to order that feel through because of miscommunication) and also sent me flowers for my birthday! Kudos to them for that!

Cons: Rooms and facilities are quite run down; bed could be more comfortable; furnishings need upgrading; breakfast selection and taste could be improved on.

Date of stay: January 2020
Trip type: Traveled on business
Reviewed January 15, 2020

We stayed here for two nights, I wish we had stayed longer! The check-in was quick and efficient, after around 10-minutes we had our room cards and we were surprised (in a good way) to see how large our room was. Very spacious, huge bed, bathroom was very clean and also spacious, opposite was a big walk in wardrobe and a small kitchen, our bedroom was also a lounge area that contained a TV, sofa, small table and two chairs. Two large windows gave us a city view which we were extremely happy about. Every staff member we encountered were extremely polite, I know thats a big part of the Thai culture but they were so helpful in every way, it makes the stay more pleasant.

The hotel is located on, in our opinion, a quiet street considering it's so centrally located such a lively city. The nearest rail station is only 5-minutes walk and its so easy to use and get around the city using it. Lumphini Park is inly 7-minutes walk, worth a visit. A b it of advice if you are getting a tuk tuk or taxi back to the hotel and the driver does not know the hotel, the Novotel is only 100m away at the beginning of the road so we used that as a point of reference for our drivers.

Overall I would definitely stay here again on my next visit to Bangkok, I think to some degree they are not charging enough!

Room tip: Ask for a city view if they have a room available on the higher floors.
Reviewed January 12, 2020

The walk down the hallway to my room was scary. It was dark, dirty walls, musky and just run down. The room was just as bad. Paint peeling off the walls, cracks in the wall, mold in the bathroom and a horrible mattress. It's down a road that doesn't have much nearby, so I would take the metro up one stop for shopping and eating. Breakfast wasn't included and cost 450 THB which was overpriced for the food offered. There is a tiny pool on the rooftop with a "bar" that had no staff. Hotel staff was very friendly, but I would not stay here again. If the price is to good to be true, walk away!

Date of stay: January 2020
Maximilian F, General Manager at Chateau de Bangkok, responded to this reviewResponded January 13, 2020

Dear daggiegirl04,

thank you so much for taken the time to give us some feedback pertaining your recent visit to our hotel.

We hear your disappointment and criticism in terms of the hotel's hardware and condition and we apologize for this presentation and performance.
I understand that our upcoming renovation and refurbishment will not have an impact on your experience and stay.
Nevertheless I would like to share with you, other travelers and visitors of Trip Advisor, that we are currently in the final stages of concluding our renovation project in the first half of this year.

Please allow me some constructive feedback.
Usually our beds and mattresses receive a lot of positive comments and even praise. Therefore I cannot completely follow your criticism. But I guess everybody has a different sleeping pattern and requirement.

Also our location is usually receiving a lot of 'pros'. Located in a quieter side-street just off busy, loud and noisy Sukhumvit, but just a 7-10 minute walk to the closest BTS (sky-train/ public transport) it is a perfect spot to explore and discover all areas of Bangkok.
All major shopping malls are within a 15-20 minutes reach and there is 'All Seasons Place' across the street with a supermarket, coffee shops, restaurants, banks, pharmacies and the omnipresent 7/11.

Personally I think that our pool has a good standard size for a city hotel in Bangkok. At the end we are not a resort and I know of hotels who have a smaller pool.

On a last note, I enjoyed reading that you have received friendly service from our team. That is a good thing.

Again, thank you for your feedback and note.

Save travels and best wishes,

Reviewed January 2, 2020

Spent 3 days at this hotel and staff is great and always available, also a great rooftop bar and pool.
Definitely will go back
Also a great breakfast where they can make any type of omelette just for you.

• Trip type: Traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Maximilian F, General Manager at Chateau de Bangkok, responded to this reviewResponded January 2, 2020

Dear Eric C,

we enjoyed reading your positive feedback and thank you for choosing our residence as
your preferred hotel for the end of the year.

We hope you had a nice new years evening and celebration.

Best wishes for 2020,

Reviewed December 31, 2019 via mobile

Loved the hospitality. Near shopping area and transportation options. Apartment Was clean and comfortable. Staff was very friendly and helpful. Shopping and grocery store right across the street from the hotel.

Trip type: Traveled with family
Maximilian F, General Manager at Chateau de Bangkok, responded to this reviewResponded January 1, 2020

Dear sandeeptoo,

All of us here at Chateau de Bangkok would like to wish you a happy new year and all the best of joy, fun, health and happiness for 2020.

Thank you for staying with us and thank you for reviewing your time.
We appreciate your feedback about the friendliness of our team.

Save travels!