“Choice location ,all things considered...”

Bangkok Hotel Lotus Sukhumvit
Ranked #247 of 858 Hotels in Bangkok
Petaling Jaya, Malaysia
“Choice location ,all things considered...”
Reviewed January 10, 2013

It has always been location, convenience and comfy rooms.I am one who doesn't go for a 5 star hotel unless it is a resort where I will enjoy my room and hotel surronding most of the time.As this was a shopping trip, it meant I am mostly out and will be back to sleep or for a quick shower before I head out again .
Bangkok Hotel Lotus fits my budget and criteria where location is concerned. You will not go wrong as this hotel is walking distance to BTS (the sky train ) and in downtown Sukhumvit. The room is big, with comfortable bed and a sitting area should you have guest over. Complimentary tea/coffee making facilities with a bottle of water.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
BangkokLotus, General Manager at Bangkok Hotel Lotus Sukhumvit, responded to this review, January 17, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your wonderful feedback to the hotel during your stay.

I am glad you enjoyed our room, especially our location in Sukhumvit area and surrounding of the hotel.

I look forward to welcoming you back to the Bangkok Hotel Lotus for your next trip.

Simon Jones

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (76)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Lisbon, Portugal
Reviewed January 8, 2013

I stayed at this hotel when was Novotel. Now can understand the reason why they removed the brand since its a pale image of its previous times. Location good since near Emporium mall and sky train station. Poor service,always forgetting to put something in the room.Breakfast quite expensive for its quality . It looks more a 3 star hotel than a 4 star.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your feedback, in regards to your stay.

I am quite concerned to read your comments about your stay at Bangkok Hotel Lotus Sukhumvit; as we pride ourselves on outstanding customer service, and it seems we did not achieve this is your stay.

I would welcome to discuss this further you to better understand your comments and can be contacted at gmoffice@hotellotussukhumvit.com

I look forward to having the opportunity to discuss this further with you.

goldcoast
Reviewed January 2, 2013

My wife and I stay here often. we consider this to be one of the best hotels in BKK for the price, the rooms are large comfortable and clean.
The service and food in cocos at breakfast help take this hotel to a higher level, on the second day at breakfast we were supplied fresh banana smoothies and ushered to our favourite table on arrival by Noom the waiter. The coffee was supplied and refilled, even when the breakfast room is full the service and food is excellent.
The house cleaning staff are friendly and supportive.
The location is good with just a short walk to the skytrain.
We come to Bangkok frequently for work and try hard to stay at the lotus when ever possible.
I would recommend this hotel to anyone

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
BangkokLotus, General Manager at Bangkok Hotel Lotus Sukhumvit, responded to this review, January 10, 2013
Dear Guests,

Thank you very much for your wonderful feedback to the hotel during your stay.

I am very pleased to read that as a regular guest of the hotel you find the service excellent and that it a pleasure to stay at the Bangkok Hotel Lotus Sukhumvit. I will certainly pass your comments to Khun Noom regarding the service is for breakfast at Coco’s Café.

We strive to make Bangkok Hotel Lotus Sukhumvit a “Home Away From Home” for our guests!

Indeed I am also glad to read you like our location in Sukhumvit.

I look forward to welcoming you and your wife back to the Bangkok Hotel Lotus Sukhumvit your next trip to Bangkok

California
Reviewed December 24, 2012

We checked in rather late, midnight. The porter took our bags and left them on the cart. After checking in the 'concierge' was in attentive and basically ignored us. So we got our own bags (concierge was reading a magazine) and hauled our tired selves up to the room.

The room was clean but my sheets had some blue pen marks on them with some maths problem. Bathroom shower nozzle was old and was uneven in its delivery. I called the front desk for more TP and it never showed up, I had to track a maid down myself.

Breakfast is expensive for what you get, service was laksadaisical at best with repeated requests for coffee with slow response. GE food is so so for the price.

Hotel is on a sketchy street with lts of red light prostitutes and their tourists johns roaming the area. Took a taxi just outside the hotel (don't take a waiting taxi outside a hotel or tourist attraction) and he took us on a back alley tour to increase his fare.

It was ok but would not stay here in the future and would not recommend to others. There are plenty of hotels in Bangkok to choose from

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
BangkokLotus, General Manager at Bangkok Hotel Lotus Sukhumvit, responded to this review, January 16, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your feedback, in regards to your stay.

I am quite concerned to read your comments about your stay at Bangkok Hotel Lotus Sukhumvit; as we pride ourselves on outstanding customer service, and it seem we did not achieve this is your stay.

I look forward to having the opportunity to discuss this further with you.

Palmerston North
Reviewed December 18, 2012

I have stayed here frequently. Concierge staff are brilliant, "Sybil" in the breakfast restaurant is inadvertantly very funny. Floor cleaning staff start rattling around at about 8am so dont expect a long sleep in. Front Desk Staff are inflexible. Business centre, although expensive as all hotels are, are very helpful.
Location near BTS and good restaurants/gastro pubs is outstanding.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
BangkokLotus, General Manager at Bangkok Hotel Lotus Sukhumvit, responded to this review, December 27, 2012

Thank you very much for your wonderful feedback to the hotel during your stay.

I am very pleased to read that as a regular guest of the hotel you find the good service and that it is a pleasure to stay at The Bangkok Hotel Lotus Sukhumvit.

Indeed I am also glad to read you like our location in Sukhumvit.

I look forward to welcoming you back to the Bangkok Hotel Lotus Sukhumvit your next trip to Bangkok.

Bangkok, Thailand
Reviewed December 17, 2012

My husband and I stayed for three nights and have found the hotel and the staff lovely. The room is spacious and the facilities top notch. We had changeable air conditioning and both hot and cold water in the bathroom.
The room comes with a fully stocked fridge but the contents are quite pricey and easier to go across the road for provisions; Although we were given bottles of water daily when the room was serviced. The housekeeping staff were kind and happy, they were un intrusive and done a great job.
We used the pool everyday and found it a refreshing start and finish to the day.
The area is lovely and the local food stalls are a must. We much preferred eating at these as we felt we were experiencing more authentic dishes. The hotel restaurants looked beautifully laid out and very clean though.
We went to the bakery and the pastry and cakes was exquisite, my only regret is we won't be here longer to try out more.
Sukhamvit is a beautiful area and the people are very friendly. The park was a beautiful spot to sit and people watch and the turtles in the lake are adorable.
The sky train and underground are not to far away and it is very easy to find your way around. There were also plenty of staff to help with directions and enquiries.
We would defiantly stay again.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple

Thank you very much for your wonderful feedback to the hotel during your stay.

I am glad you and your husband enjoyed our room, the friendliness of our staff in general, our location in Sukhumvit and surrounding of the hotel.

We look forward to welcoming you and your husband back to the Bangkok Hotel Lotus for your next trip to Bangkok.