“good service breakfast excellent”

Bangkok Hotel Lotus Sukhumvit
Ranked #246 of 887 Hotels in Bangkok
Reviewed January 2, 2013

My wife and I stay here often. we consider this to be one of the best hotels in BKK for the price, the rooms are large comfortable and clean.
The service and food in cocos at breakfast help take this hotel to a higher level, on the second day at breakfast we were supplied fresh banana smoothies and ushered to our favourite table on arrival by Noom the waiter. The coffee was supplied and refilled, even when the breakfast room is full the service and food is excellent.
The house cleaning staff are friendly and supportive.
The location is good with just a short walk to the skytrain.
We come to Bangkok frequently for work and try hard to stay at the lotus when ever possible.
I would recommend this hotel to anyone

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
BangkokLotus, General Manager at Bangkok Hotel Lotus Sukhumvit, responded to this reviewResponded January 10, 2013

Dear Guests,

Thank you very much for your wonderful feedback to the hotel during your stay.

I am very pleased to read that as a regular guest of the hotel you find the service excellent and that it a pleasure to stay at the Bangkok Hotel Lotus Sukhumvit. I will certainly pass your comments to Khun Noom regarding the service is for breakfast at Coco’s Café.

We strive to make Bangkok Hotel Lotus Sukhumvit a “Home Away From Home” for our guests!

Indeed I am also glad to read you like our location in Sukhumvit.

I look forward to welcoming you and your wife back to the Bangkok Hotel Lotus Sukhumvit your next trip to Bangkok

Reviewed December 24, 2012

We checked in rather late, midnight. The porter took our bags and left them on the cart. After checking in the 'concierge' was in attentive and basically ignored us. So we got our own bags (concierge was reading a magazine) and hauled our tired selves up to the room.

The room was clean but my sheets had some blue pen marks on them with some maths problem. Bathroom shower nozzle was old and was uneven in its delivery. I called the front desk for more TP and it never showed up, I had to track a maid down myself.

Breakfast is expensive for what you get, service was laksadaisical at best with repeated requests for coffee with slow response. GE food is so so for the price.

Hotel is on a sketchy street with lts of red light prostitutes and their tourists johns roaming the area. Took a taxi just outside the hotel (don't take a waiting taxi outside a hotel or tourist attraction) and he took us on a back alley tour to increase his fare.

It was ok but would not stay here in the future and would not recommend to others. There are plenty of hotels in Bangkok to choose from

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
BangkokLotus, General Manager at Bangkok Hotel Lotus Sukhumvit, responded to this reviewResponded January 16, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your feedback, in regards to your stay.

I am quite concerned to read your comments about your stay at Bangkok Hotel Lotus Sukhumvit; as we pride ourselves on outstanding customer service, and it seem we did not achieve this is your stay.

I would welcome to discuss this further you to better understand your comments and can be contacted at gmoffice@hotellotussukhumvit.com

I look forward to having the opportunity to discuss this further with you.

Reviewed December 18, 2012

I have stayed here frequently. Concierge staff are brilliant, "Sybil" in the breakfast restaurant is inadvertantly very funny. Floor cleaning staff start rattling around at about 8am so dont expect a long sleep in. Front Desk Staff are inflexible. Business centre, although expensive as all hotels are, are very helpful.
Location near BTS and good restaurants/gastro pubs is outstanding.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
BangkokLotus, General Manager at Bangkok Hotel Lotus Sukhumvit, responded to this reviewResponded December 27, 2012

Thank you very much for your wonderful feedback to the hotel during your stay.

I am very pleased to read that as a regular guest of the hotel you find the good service and that it is a pleasure to stay at The Bangkok Hotel Lotus Sukhumvit.

Indeed I am also glad to read you like our location in Sukhumvit.

I look forward to welcoming you back to the Bangkok Hotel Lotus Sukhumvit your next trip to Bangkok.

Reviewed December 17, 2012

My husband and I stayed for three nights and have found the hotel and the staff lovely. The room is spacious and the facilities top notch. We had changeable air conditioning and both hot and cold water in the bathroom.
The room comes with a fully stocked fridge but the contents are quite pricey and easier to go across the road for provisions; Although we were given bottles of water daily when the room was serviced. The housekeeping staff were kind and happy, they were un intrusive and done a great job.
We used the pool everyday and found it a refreshing start and finish to the day.
The area is lovely and the local food stalls are a must. We much preferred eating at these as we felt we were experiencing more authentic dishes. The hotel restaurants looked beautifully laid out and very clean though.
We went to the bakery and the pastry and cakes was exquisite, my only regret is we won't be here longer to try out more.
Sukhamvit is a beautiful area and the people are very friendly. The park was a beautiful spot to sit and people watch and the turtles in the lake are adorable.
The sky train and underground are not to far away and it is very easy to find your way around. There were also plenty of staff to help with directions and enquiries.
We would defiantly stay again.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple

Thank you very much for your wonderful feedback to the hotel during your stay.

I am glad you and your husband enjoyed our room, the friendliness of our staff in general, our location in Sukhumvit and surrounding of the hotel.

We look forward to welcoming you and your husband back to the Bangkok Hotel Lotus for your next trip to Bangkok.

Reviewed December 17, 2012

I stayed here for 2 days in Nov. I liked the ambience. The staff is very nice and responsive. However, the location is not great. Somewhat farther away on Sukhmavit where the action is.
I got a single room through PricelIne for $80 per night but learned at the site that breakfast was not included and that it would cost another $17 or so per day.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank worldtraveler1102
BangkokLotus, General Manager at Bangkok Hotel Lotus Sukhumvit, responded to this reviewResponded December 28, 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your sharing your comments regarding your stay at Bangkok Hotel Lotus Sukhumvit.

I am very glad to learn that you are happy with our service and I will share your comments with our team. I am sure that this feedback will serve as an encouragement to all of our staff as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services.

Further to your feedback and the hotel location, our hotel is only 5 minutes walks from Phrom Phong BTS station, Emporium Shopping Centre, Benjasiri Park as well as many local street markets. Sukhumvit Soi 33 comes alive in the evenings as a major entertainment area, with an extensive range of Restaurants, Bars and Clubs located within the Soi for guests to choose from. Guest can easily travel to all locations within Bangkok with Siam Square, MBK, Terminal 21 and Bumrungrad International Hospital with in a 10 minute BTS ride from Prom Phong Station

Thank you again for sharing your experience, and I hope to welcome you back to Bangkok Hotel Lotus Sukhumvit in the future.

Reviewed December 5, 2012

THIS WAS MY REVIEW IN JULY 2012 ( stayed in June 2012) :-

“A very good hotel”
Reviewed 8 July 2012
Stayed in this hotel for 3 nights in June. There was some scheme ongoing and the room came quite cheap. Excellent hotel. Got a newly renovated room. Rooms are spacious and comfortable. All amenities provided for. The staff was super helpful. The concierge desk will act as a good guide for all local sightseeing activities. they are ever smiling and eager to please. The location is excellent. On soi 33, just one minute walk from Sukhumvit Road. Skytrain station is 5 minutes walk. Lots of eating joints nearby. Emporium Mall is a 5 minute walk also. Had a very pleasant stay and will definitely return.

MY REVIEW IN DECEMBER 2012 ;-
Something has gone terribly wrong with this hotel. I visited just after 6 months!
The staff, specially the reception guys have stopped smiling! Everyone is so mechanical.
And service sucks!
Can you believe they gave me 2 bottles of water on the first day but cut it down to one bottle once that noted it was a single occupancy. And even if you ask housekeeping for a bottle on payment, it never turns up. Had to go out at 11 pm to buy a bottle of water.
And the tea coffe making facilities that was there has turned into a farce. Same like water -there was two tea bags allotted per room and for the last 2 days had to survive with one tea bag for more than 24 hours- they better not give this "facility" at all! Requests fall on deaf years.
The breakfast buffet has also become horrible with limited choice and sour faced staff roaming around - more busy with themselves than catering to guests.
And the funniest part is that by booking bed and breakfast as a single guest . they charge you the same for a double occupancy but with rationed provisions.
Overall, it was indeed a rude shock. I am plannimg to viit Bangkok again in January but am having doubts about whether to book this hotel again.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank scoomer

Dear Guest,

As a valued guest of Bangkok Hotel Lotus Sukhumvit, please accept my apologies for what seems to be a short fall in service delivery.

I would appreciate the opportunity to discuss this further and can be contacted at gmoffice@hotellotussukhumvit.com

Reviewed December 3, 2012

The hotel has a good value for money. Located in the red light district, we felt okay with that. There might be better hotels in Bangkok, but we had nothing to complain and didn`t want to spend a lot of money. There is a pool and the breakfast is average, but totally fine.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
BangkokLotus, General Manager at Bangkok Hotel Lotus Sukhumvit, responded to this reviewResponded December 6, 2012

Dear Guest,

We very much appreciate your comments regarding your stay at the Bangkok Hotel Lotus Sukhumvit.

I am pleased to see you felt the hotel was good value for money and our weekend packages offer a great opportunity to try our renovated rooms at a great value price.

I look forward to welcoming you to our hotel again in the near future.