“Check Inn Regency Park Bangkok”

Check Inn Regency Park
Ranked #249 of 866 Hotels in Bangkok
mumbai
“Check Inn Regency Park Bangkok”
Reviewed October 28, 2013

Firstly i would like to thank Expedia for providing me deal easy on my pocket with good discounts. But to be frank as promised on Expedia site regarding my hotel stay at Check Inn Regency Park Bangkok, things where not the same. When i entered the lane where my hotel was located, i was quite happy as i had done a wise decision for choosing this location as it was centrally located from airport & my other place of visits. As i entered my hotel i was majorly disappointed as hotel was under renovation, later the reception staff was unable to find my booking for least 15 minutes. As they had check-in of 2 pm i still had reached hotel at 3 pm but still after confirming my booking i was being told to wait for 15 mins more as my room was not ready. My booking was room+breakfast for which also i had to confirm with the staff as they were not aware of it. Second disappointment was when i entered my room, the moment i stepped in got a foul carpet odor, which kept coming whenever i kept moving in-out of room. In my booking i was being told that 32 inch LCD TV shall be provided along with vast range of entertainment channels but here the story was different, though we had a big tv but not LCD it was a regular one & vast range of channels were limited to 7 to 8 odd channels which least had any entertainment. There was suppose to be a Mini Bar / Hair Dryer which was found no where in the room. A closet provided was in shambles, you cant dare to keep your clothes in the mess. Adding salt to my injuries was when i entered to check the shower as on website i was promised awesome shower with a glass enclosed shower but i got was a stained bathtub on which the tap knob was popping off leaving the entire bathroom sprayed wet. I also requested for a change of room, which the staff helped me with but it turned out to be worst then the current i was staying in, so i dropped the idea of changing my room.
The Air-con in room is outdated so don't expect any fancy remote. What pisses you most is the thai massage joint right inside the hotel lobby which has some close to expiry date females for service & every now & then you move out of elevator they keep calling MASSAGE MASSAGE.....i mean you are in a good hotel then why you have to act like a roadside vendor.

Over all i can say that this hotel is located well as per the city layout, one can certainly try it out if he or she wants to go bit easy on their pockets.

Room Tip: Cant say as my room was having a view of other hotels backyard...:)
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank sanket T

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (99)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Dorset, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 27, 2013

Stayed for a few days before heading to Myanmar, good location not far from bts and shopping mall if that's your thing, for the money I paid I was delighted, air con worked fine, room was big, comfortable bed, not to noisy, my only gripe was the bathroom needed a new one badly, having said that the shower was very powerful so no real worries. Breakfast not great eat out
Staff were ok but not the best customer service I have had in Bangkok.

Room Tip: 5th floor was good
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
3 Thank Simon W
Durban, South Africa
Reviewed October 19, 2013

I stayed in this hotel in mid October 2013, initially for 2 days before we went to Phuket and upon our return we went back for another 2 days
The rooms is similar to much more expensive hotels, you even get slippers and gowns to use

This hotel is spotlessly clean and has a lovely little restaurant on street level that caters for Thai and tasty western food, first time I see Bangers and mash on a menu in Thailand

Staff is friendly and helpful and we really enjoyed our time there

Try to get rooms on the left side of the Hotel (facing the Hotel); it seems that these are the new or upgraded side of the Hotel

Walking distance from Asok BTS

Can recommend this Hotel with confidence

i stayed there

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank 312595Apollo47
Pattaya, Thailand
Reviewed September 26, 2013

The hotel is in the proces of renovating the rooms. This didn't disturb me and anyway it's almost done. I had the good fortune to stay in one of the newly renovated rooms and really enjoyed it.
A great thing about this hotel is that when you need to see the manager he will make himself available.

Room Tip: Don't take the Deluxe rooms, go straight for the Superior. Bathrobe, slippers, soaps and champoo...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank Francois331
Tokyo, Japan
Reviewed September 18, 2013

This hotel provides great customer service to everyone who stays here. The manager vic goes out of his way to ensure that customers are taken care of. I have been staying at this hotel for 13 years and am always taken care of. I book rooms every year and they give me the best rate available. The rooms are clean and all the employees treat you with respect.

Room Tip: Look for value as you really only sleep at the hotel.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
3 Thank steve m
Thai Charoen, Thailand
Reviewed September 15, 2013

chcked in ,, no towels no toilet roll , no shower curtain, had bath , bath water brown like tea, we had cup of tea one cup, dirty, 11 pm work started on floor of room above , told reception she not know workman there no manager week off or night off ,hard to tell,, talked to staff and taxi men outside ,,tell me recently changed owners now Indian ,,everything down hill from then,,please please please do not I repeat do not book this hotel give thailand bad name..worse hotel I ever stay in

Room Tip: want a good room ,,book another Hotel
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
4 Thank joseph4949
Vikaran S, General Manager at Check Inn Regency Park, responded to this review, October 9, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your views about your stay at Check Inn Regency Park Hotel.

Please allow me to express my sincere apologies for the inconvenience you had experienced during your stay. I have taken serious note of your comments regarding the lack amenities in the bathroom and also in the guestroom and being disturbed by renovation work.

I have taken up the matter with the hotel staff that it is absolutely imperative to ensure that all guest rooms are properly checked and rechecked to ensure that guests get good value for there money.

We are in the process of doing a major renovation in all the guest rooms and public areas of the hotel to improve the overall standard.

Once again I thank you for your feedback and I look forward to personally welcoming you back to Check Inn Regency Park Hotel in the future.

Best Regards,

Vikaran Shivdasani

Travelers are raving about these Bangkok hotels

Virginia
Reviewed September 12, 2013

I had to stay here out of lack of choice and had THE worst experience of my life n a hotel. Yes this is a "budget" hotel but I don't think that should equate to lack of basic cleanliness. See pictures that I will be uploading.

The staff is indifferent to the condition of the room. The front desk literally just shrugged and said...well you are staying here for two days. As if to say that if I don't like it then I ahouldbecutting down the stay.

The room is so bad that there is dirt that hasn't been cleaned, the bathroom is moldy and you can feel the dirt in the carpet as you walk. This is the first time that I felt that I could get sick in my room because of the room.

I don't think the management cares because they have a lot of group travelers that is "set business" and are one time travelers.

Spend a few dollars more and find better accommodation closeby.

Room Tip: There are no good rooms. I stayed in two separate rooms and they were both horrible.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank R S
Vikaran S, General Manager at Check Inn Regency Park, responded to this review, September 16, 2013
Dear Guest,

Please allow me to express my sincere apologies for the inconvenience you had experienced during your stay. I have taken serious note of your comments regarding the guestroom.

I have taken up the matter with the hotel staff that it is absolutely imperative to display a good attitude towards hotel guests at all times.

Best Regards,