“Horrible, Filthy, Stay Away”

Check Inn Regency Park
Ranked #259 of 884 Hotels in Bangkok
Reviewed September 12, 2013

I had to stay here out of lack of choice and had THE worst experience of my life n a hotel. Yes this is a "budget" hotel but I don't think that should equate to lack of basic cleanliness. See pictures that I will be uploading.

The staff is indifferent to the condition of the room. The front desk literally just shrugged and said...well you are staying here for two days. As if to say that if I don't like it then I ahouldbecutting down the stay.

The room is so bad that there is dirt that hasn't been cleaned, the bathroom is moldy and you can feel the dirt in the carpet as you walk. This is the first time that I felt that I could get sick in my room because of the room.

I don't think the management cares because they have a lot of group travelers that is "set business" and are one time travelers.

Spend a few dollars more and find better accommodation closeby.

Room Tip: There are no good rooms. I stayed in two separate rooms and they were both horrible.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank R S
Vikaran S, General Manager at Check Inn Regency Park, responded to this reviewResponded September 16, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your views about your stay at Check Inn Regency Park Hotel.

Please allow me to express my sincere apologies for the inconvenience you had experienced during your stay. I have taken serious note of your comments regarding the guestroom.

We are in the process of doing a major renovation in all the guest rooms and public areas of the hotel to improve the overall standard.

I have taken up the matter with the hotel staff that it is absolutely imperative to display a good attitude towards hotel guests at all times.

Once again I thank you for your feedback and I look forward to personally welcoming you back to Check Inn Regency Park Hotel in the future.

Best Regards,

Vikaran Shivdasani

Reviewed September 8, 2013

Value for money for budget travelers. Contrary to the reviews below we found the hotel to be decent and very well located right close the sky train. We booked this hotel via our travel planner mypackagetrip.com from Chennai, based on our requirement of being close to night life area. Soi cowboy is less than 1 km from this hotel. We had prepaid meal vouchers for Indian restaurants hot curry and pavilion which are at walking distance from this hotel.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed September 6, 2013

This hotel has one of the worst customer service you can find in and around Sukhumvit. Reception staff very unprofessional and takes ages to check in and check out. Even dont like to reply to any question.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed September 3, 2013

My travel agent D.Pauls from Delhi told that they given us stay in "Regency Park" and given us stay in this worst Check Inn Regency Park hotel! Its a OLD hotel with Dirty rooms, Non-working TV, BAD Breakfast and dirty Bathroom. Only Location is good but all other are bad... When we ask for Locker key they given us a key and take sign on letter that if key is LOST than we have to pay 5000 THB!!! And in Room we found that its a OLDEST model locker and no mean to use it!!! Even its better to take cash/documents in bag.

Room Tip: Its better to stay away from this hotel. Also do not plan to visit it with family members.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed August 31, 2013

we stayed there in aug, 2013 for 2 nights as we got good deal on booking.com. i was traveling with my wife, the only one thing we did not like was the noisy guest staying next to our rooms, look like they were a group of boys who were drinking and shouting, so we had reported to the hotel manager who come and talked to them, after that it was ok, we had no other complain about this hotel and for this price you will not get better location in bangkok.

Suggestion, if you have problem contact the manager who we found to be very helpful.

Room Tip: we stayed on the 4th floor which we think they newly renovated, so go for it.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 28, 2013

Please do not stay in this hotel,

This is very old and renovated hotel with the really bad service of the front desk staff.
Customer have to wait for the reception every time we need something.
They never ask how can i help you.

Breakfast is terrible but restaurant staff is good they are trying to help.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed August 27, 2013

I have stayed at Regency Park often over the past many years and was pleasantly surprised to see that they are in the process of renovating the rooms. The new rooms are bright and clean and as always, roomy. You can't beat the price at the Regency Park, especially when you consider it's convenient location. The staff is friendly and cooperative.

I will be heading to Bangkok again in November and plan to stay at Regency Park again!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family