“Do Not Stay Here”

Ranked #256 of 866 Hotels in Bangkok
Hyderabad, India
“Do Not Stay Here”
Reviewed June 29, 2013

This hotel was a part of package I took, one of the most horrible experience.
The hotel is very old and everything is in terrible. Toilets are very bad, lacks cleanliness.
I would not recommend this hotel to anybody.
The staff is non cooperating, one should never stay here if travelling with family.
Finally had to shift the hotel. Avoid it.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
Vikaran S, General Manager at Check Inn Regency Park, responded to this review, June 30, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your feedback about your stay at Check Inn Regency Park Hotel.

Please allow me to express my sincere apologies for the inconvenience you had experienced during your stay. I have taken note of your comments regarding the guestroom and bathroom and all these problems are being addressed.

We are in the process of doing a major renovation in all the guest rooms and public areas of the hotel to improve the overall standard.

Once again I thank you for your feedback and I look forward to personally welcoming you back to Check Inn Regency Park Hotel in the future.

Vikaran Shivdasani

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (99)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Crewe, England
Reviewed June 25, 2013

The photos all the websites show a breakfast area that is now a rubbish dump and a breakfast that no longer exists. The breakfast area is now a dump for old beds. The new breakfast area is opposite reception.

Booking.com website says in it's advertising 'Offering all-day dining (No. that is a lie. Restaurant closes after breakfast) hearty breakfast buffets (not if you are a European it isn't) are served in Palm Court's (among's the dirty old beds?) setting'.

This hotel was a great hotel when i stayed in 2005 and had a good English breakfast with bacon. Now no bacon. There is NOTHING for the Brits to eat. It is now an Indian package tour hotel and there is NO restaurant open all day. No butter to put on the bread - just ghee!

Even the staff won't eat the rubbish that is dished up for breakfast.

there was late night noise and shouting going on which I suspect had something to do with the seedier side of life.

Avoid this dump like the plague!

Room Tip: Go to the Tai Pan Hotel or the Ambassdor Hotel. Great hotels with bacon
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Vikaran S, General Manager at Check Inn Regency Park, responded to this review, July 3, 2013
Dear Guest,

Please allow me to express my sincere apologies for the inconvenience you had experienced during your stay. I have made a note of your comments regarding the breakfast and will make sure all these points are addressed.

We are in the process of doing a major renovation of the entire hotel.

Once again I thank you for your feedback and I look forward to personally welcoming you back to Check Inn Regency Park Hotel.

Vikaran Shivdasani

Travelers are raving about these Bangkok hotels

Amritsar, India
Reviewed June 20, 2013

I stayed here for 2 nights. It is a old hotel dating back to 1980's i guess, based on my assumptions. When u enter the hotel, there are carpets spread on the floor with the intention of hiding broken flooring tiles underneath. The pictures shown on trip advisor or agoda are a lot different from reality. After check in as i took the elevator I was a bit scared as the elevator was vibrating while going upwards. As I entered my room, i was happy to see a huge king size soft bed, with very chilling air conditioning. The room was huge with big glass windows. As i settled down in my room and decided to take a shower, the nightmare began. Toilets are so pathetic. Flushes were not operational. Some kind of fungus sticking onto the walls and shower curtains. The bathtub was real bad and seemed as if never cleaned. Even the flush was not so clean. A real disaster.So i went down at the reception and complained about the toilet, to my surprise the reply was " toilets of all rooms are the same." Wifi works well in the rooms. But there are mosquitoes and no disposable toothbrushes are provided. When i switched on the TV it was again a big mess. Their cable service was so poor that all channels had snow and nothing could be heard or seen properly.
Next morning after waking up i decided to make coffee for myself, and was shocked. The electric kettle provided had never been cleaned. There was dirty water inside, left over by the last customar who might have stayed in the room before me. The kettle itself had dried water stains outside as if never wiped. On opening the bed side drawers i found left overs again. Cleanliness is really poor. The breakfast provided as part of the booking deal was really pathetic. The butter looked really old. Only location of the hotel is good.Staff is also not so friendly. The room is carpeted but no room slippers are provided. Open space which should be provided to customars in and around corridors are being used as dumps. Really pathetic place. If you are on a tight budget then it is fine but not recommended for a family stay.
D paul tours had planned my stay here. It is a chor company operated by thugs. Never plan your international holidays through them.

Room Tip: ONLY TIP never go there with family
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Rahul G, General Manager at Check Inn Regency Park, responded to this review, June 25, 2013
Dear Guest,

I sincerely apologize for the inconvenience you had when you found problems with the toilet and also in your room about the TV Reception and cleanliness. I have made a note of the problems you experienced and I would like to assure you that all these problems will be addressed.

We are in the process of doing major renovation for the hotel.

Honolulu, Hawaii
Reviewed June 15, 2013

I have been staying at the Check Inn Regency Park Hotel on Soi 22 Sukhumvit Rd. in Bangkok Thailand for 6 years now, sometimes up to 1-2 months at a time. At first I chose the Rengency for its superb location, near the BTS(skytrain), Emporium Department complex, numerous quality restuarants ( all varieties), nightlife and easy access to just about anywhere in Bangkok. Once quickly checked in and settled, I experienced the fine service and quality of the staff and especially the General Manager who went out of his way to accomodate all my needs. From the front desk personal to the housekeeping staff and anyone I might have left out, I have nothing but praise for them. When I always return, my room is pre-prepared the way I like it. The price is right, the staff is great and the location is excellant for my needs.

William Cook, Honolulu, Hi.

Room Tip: I have only stayed on the top floor (5th flr.) with very spacious rooms. If you get put on a lower f...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed May 15, 2013

D two days in ds hotel wer d worst.. jst pathetic..frm outside it mite b 3 star bt frm inside worth a zero star.. d rooms are awful..wid lots of cockroaches n mosquitoes..d bathroom sucks.. d plaster mite com dwn netym..n a age old bath tub.. no service provided.. if u r in som trouble midnight d hotel doesn't provide security eithr.. its jst none of deir business.. d food too s really bad..d worst hotel in my experience.. certainly nt recommended..

• Stayed May 2013
2 Thank swat18
Vikaran S, General Manager at Check Inn Regency Park, responded to this review, June 26, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your experience at Check Inn Regency Park Hotel.

Please allow me to express my sincere apologies for the inconvenience you had experienced during your stay. I have taken note of your comments and will address each of these problems.

We are in the process of doing a major renovation in all the guest rooms and public areas of the hotel to improve the overall standard of the hotel.

I look forward to personally welcoming you back to Check Inn Regency Park in the future.

Check Inn Regency Park Hotel
Shimoga, India
Reviewed May 6, 2013

Then location is ok but seems like this is an semi red light area, rooms are just about ok, bath tub are chipped at places, room carpet looks mouldy, the room safe was broken, AC worked good, dooms are rather dark, restaurant is horrible, the guy at restaurant is an Indian or a Bangladeshi and boy does he have an attitude, he is rude at his best, we were group of 19 and the buffet lunch and dinner he served was horrible, there was no chicken in chicken curry, he was grumbling about everything even a request for simple curd was met with a stare and grumble, avoid breakfast here, everything is stale, bread and butter seems like they have been stored for ages, puris were bad and we were served with same chole two days in succession, my advice is avoid this hotel.

Room Tip: Avoid this hotel
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Vikaran S, General Manager at Check Inn Regency Park, responded to this review, June 27, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your comments and feedback about your stay at Check Inn Regency Park Hotel.

Please allow me to express my sincere apologies for the inconvenience you had experienced during you stay. I have taken note of your comments regarding the restaurant service and the poor quality of food. You will be happy to know that several changes have been made in the hotel’s restaurant service and quality of food, which is now being appreciated by all guests.

Hyderabad
Reviewed May 2, 2013

I am , in deed, delighted to share my happiness about the wonderful arrangements made during my trip to Bangkok recently.Right from the moment I interacted with yatra.com executive to the moment I checked into the hotel at Check Inn-Regency Park hotel in Sukhumvit, Bangkok , it has been a smooth sailing for me. Efficiency in arranging hassle free accommodation was visible every where.Check in and check out were smooth, quick and orderly.I enjoyed my stay, though I missed complementary breakfast as I slept till 12 noon.I was disturbed only once, well past 12 noon to check if I wanted to continue my stay or was checking out .That's all.I opted to stay for a few more hours and the front desk was willing to oblige. So sweet of them.Such smiling service is not always available to all.It was a good property and I do not mind staying in the same hotel again. Thanks to Yatra.com for making my visit to Bangkok a rewarding experience.Check Inn Regency Park hotel staff deserve commendation for their cool manner in helping the guests.Liberal use of room freshener is advised.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business