Fabulous location!! Across the road from train station and huge shopping centre excellent food court and restaurants IMAX and aquarium. MBK shopping centre is also with in walking distance. The facilities at the Novotel are great nicely decorated and furnished. Breakfast and dinner 1st class. Now for the BUT! The big thing that let's this hotel down is the customer service and the lack of English!!! I am an Accor member for a few yrs now and have had much better experiences with novotels elsewhere. I was travelling with partner and 2 kids 10yrs and 4yrs. We booked the junior suite with premium lounge access etc. we arrived 12am (thereabouts) after a horrible flight my lil 1 was extremely unwell. Vomiting all trip including whilst waiting for checkin. Got to our room only 1 bed 2 towels and no sofa bed. Last thing I needed! Quickly fixed and housekeeping (which are very helpful but cannot speak English). Next morning my daughter was still sick so I called reception and asked for a dr to visit (5000bht) dr came quickly however I had to phone him not once did they call and check she was ok or bring up the dr at least and introduce him. Received no information on checkin ( because my lil 1 was sick I thought) so I assumed I would be briefed a lil the next day on where things were and where I could access my included benefits (cocktails etc) I went to the lobby bar and could not get an answer from the bar staff ( no English ) so I went to reception who told me to go back over and show my advantage plus card. So I did and ordered 2 drinks followed by another 2 for myself and partner ( included in deal ) then I was given a bill for over 1500baht I tried to explain it was included but again no English!! Went back to the reception and they couldn't understand either apparently!!! Very unimpressed tried again the next night with reception staff then informed it was a different bar I was supposed to go to however now it was to late!!! Went to pattaya after 3 days stayed at the Centara grand Mirage fantastic!!! Returned 4 days later for another overnight stay again 1 bed 2 towels. Called recipe toon 3 times it was 11.05pm before the housekeeping came with soaps and water!!! Was sent back and had to wait again till they returned with the bed FINALLY!! Overall the customer service is terrible and the English standard is not good. The lady on the tour desk had 3 brochures and had no interest in looking up anything else we were asking about just told us everything was "very far" or "not sure" very frustrating stay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Novotel Bangkok on Siam Square is a 4 star hotel in the vibrant centre of Bangkok. With 423 well appointed rooms, this is the perfect destination for both business trips and holidays. Guests can relax by our pool, in one of our 5 bars, or be temptedby the delicious choices available in our 3 restaurants, while our conference facilities are perfect for meetings and functions. Close to transport, entertainment and shopping, the hotel is ideally located. Parking is available for your convenience. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, ACCOR, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Ctrip TA, Agoda, Cancelon, getaroom.com, Priceline, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly and HRS so you can book your Novotel Bangkok on Siam Square reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Novotel Bangkok On Siam Square Hotel Bangkok
- Accor Bangkok On Siam Square
- Bangkok Novotel