“Great location at Siam area”

Novotel Bangkok on Siam Square
Ranked #176 of 863 Hotels in Bangkok
Singapore, Singapore
“Great location at Siam area”
Reviewed May 21, 2013

Stayed 2 nights at Novotel Siam Square. Took the airport express and BTS. The hotel is located a stone awat from BTS Siam.

Hotel look a bit tired, but rooms are clean and neat, and has everything you need to ask for. Across the street, is Siam Square, Siam Paragon, Siam Centre. Siam night market is also located below the hotel.. Overall, it us a good place if you want to shop nearby.

Service is attentive as well.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank ycps_cheerful
QMR, General Manager at Novotel Bangkok on Siam Square, responded to this review, May 28, 2013
Dear ycps_cheerful,
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience and I am pleased to note that your overall experience was satisfying. Concerning our decor, please note that we have an extensive renovation planned in the coming months and we hope that you will be pleased to experience the upgrades on a future visit.
David Baldwin

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (485)
  • Arabic first
  • Turkish first
  • Vietnamese first
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Reviewed May 20, 2013

We have booked 3 rooms at the premier executive floor from 16 to 19 May 2013 for our family shopping excursion in Bangkok. The hotel’s location cannot be more central than this as most malls are within walking distance Ratchaprasong, as the area is home to many shopping malls. & Erawan Shrine. It is tucked next to Siam Station whereby walkway extends Chit Lom Station. Though the room size is fairly small for premier floor and the gym is compact, nevertheless, our favorite part is still the Premier Lounge which serves all day refreshment, which came in handy after having walked through the Bangkok scorching sun, and the evening cocktail and canapés that we all enjoyed. Great buffet breakfast with plenty of choices.

I must say having stayed in Chatrium hotel at the riverside previously; the mannerism, poise and etiquette of the staff are not as refined as those of former. There is also limitation in staff’s simple English, which can be further improved. All in all, it was a fun stay.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Lifesacupcake
Dear Lifesacupcake,
Thank you for taking the time to share your views with others and it is a pleasure to learn that you had a great stay. Thank you for noting that our central location, breakfast variety and exclusive Premier Lounge pleased you. Please rest assured that your comments regarding our staff have been reviewed for further improvement. We look forward to welcoming you again and trust that you will once again avail yourself of the Premier advantages.
David Baldwin
Hong Kong, China
Reviewed May 18, 2013

This is not the first time I had been to Bangkok. But this time, I went there with my family (7 of us including my grandma at the age of 86). I booked a total of 3 rooms, 2 at the executive floor. The hotel is just walking distance from Siam Paragon, Siam Discovery Centre and Central World. In general, It is nice and comfortable. For my room, everything is alright despite it is not straight forward to use the wifi. I need to login every time when I come back to the hotel or wake up in the next morning. I don't think there will be any problem for the executive floor until we arrived the airport. My mother, staying opposite to my room, told me that there is insert (I dare not to tell what it is here) in their room, being eliminated by my father and they didn't told me until we arrived at the airport. For my sister, they are staying downstairs as they need to add one more bed for my grandma, they dialed "0" for toothbrush but eventually no one answer their call. Anyway, I would say it is acceptable in terms of location and cost.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank bremen1018
QMR, Resident Manager at Novotel Bangkok on Siam Square, responded to this review, May 21, 2013
Dear bremen1018,
Thank you for choosing to stay with us during your recent visit to Bangkok. While I am glad to read that you found our hotel nice, comfortable and well-located, I am sorry for the unpleasant incidents that your mother and sister experienced. Please rest assured that our department heads will look into these matters and take the necessary steps to rectify them accordingly. Your dissatisfaction with our Wireless Internet connection has been well noted and I apologize for an inconvenience caused. Please note that an automatic-log out is applicable after 30 minutes of no interaction and re-log in is required for security and tracking purposes. It was a pleasure to serve you and your family and we hope to welcome you again soon.
Kl
Reviewed May 16, 2013

We have stayed at Novotel many years ago.I am please to report that everything is still the same clean and efficient.
The Sonkran Festival was still on at the time we arrived.WE did get wet going to and fro from the hotel to the BTS station and Paragon.And some nights the music was really loud coming from a street party just below us.
T he hotel has halal food corner which we found very tasty .
The room we were in was a bit tight for three of us but we were out most of the times ;so really it was alright; and good enough.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Dear SamanthaReyes,
Thank you for choosing to stay with us once again and for sparing your time to share your views with others. I am glad to note that we met your expectation in terms of location, cleanliness and tasty Halal food. I would like to recommend our Executive Corner Room or Junior Suite for additional comfort and space for three persons. It was a great pleasure to welcome you and we look forward to your next visit.
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed May 15, 2013

We stayed on a 1 bedroom suite on the higher floor - 18th. Honeymoon suprise like the red rose, fruits and chocolate plater upon we open the door. Also pink balloons on the bed room ceiling with ribbons.
We check in/out and have breakfast/cooktail in the Lounge, which is warm and quite. Staffs are very friends and helpful.
There is a Skylink bridge to Grand Center World shoping center in 10 minutes walking distance. Have tourist privileges. Just opposite the hotel, you can find the Siam Paragon.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

Dear A TripAdvisor Member,
We are happy to learn that our romantic honeymoon arrangements pleased you. It is also a pleasure to note that you enjoyed the distinctive services and amenities available exclusively for Premier Guests at the Premier Lounge; moreover, our location provides convenient access to many famous shopping centers of Bangkok. Once again, thank you for your kind comment and we hope to have a pleasure to welcome you again soon.
Warsaw, Poland
Reviewed May 15, 2013

I dropped to Bangkok for a week and Novotel on Siam Square made by stay brilliant. I booked Executive Premier Room and the price for that room included many benefits. I enjoyed the most following: 24hour WIFI access to the Internet in the room, late check-out and complimentary food and beverage services: all day refreshments and cocktails from 5pm till 7pm. Check-in was warm and efficient. I liked very large, well-designed room with fabulous bathroom (nice cosmetics). Beds are really comfortable. Swimming pool is open till 10 pm. It was so nice to swim after long day. The breakfast couldn't be better! Eggs very well prepared as requested. After check-out I could use shower room to refresh before my flight. It was very helpful.
I definitely stay in Novotel on Siam Square the next time I'm in Bangkok.

Room Tip: Executive Premier Room with benefits makes your stay nicer.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear TomekGa,
We are delighted to know that you had a wonderful stay with us in Siam Square and a pleasure to note that the Premier room and the distinctive services and amenities available exclusively for Premier Guests at the Premier Lounge pleased you. I will share your appreciation with my teams from Front Office to the restaurant and we hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you again soon.
Davistown, Australia
Reviewed May 14, 2013

not a bad hotel ,slightly dated but close to shopping in Siam Square,only downfall is they don"t have a shuttle service from the airport.Next time for a stop over I would probably stay at Novotel at airport and catch train in to Bangkok.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

Dear fjp4941,
Thank you for taking the time to let us know your experience. I am glad to note that you find our hotel good and well-located. In regards to transportation to our hotel, it would be economic and time-saving to take a train from the airport to our hotel (Siam Station). I hope you consider staying with us again on your future vacation in Bangkok.