We stayed at the hotel with 2 small kids, and generally we were very please with the hotel. In the first place, the location is pretty good for Bangkok, as you are a 2 minute walk from the Skytrain as well as the Paragon Mall, which is also home to the Siam Ocean Centre - a great option for the kids. A slightly longer walk and you will reach another large shopping mall, Centralworld. And in the other direction is MBK. So all in all for the shopper it is a great location. For the rest of the sights and sounds of Bangkok, the Skytrain is very good.
The hotel itself is basic and offers just what you would expect. The staff did assist us with some small requests. We requested an extra bed and this was delivered quite quickly. We also ordered room service one evening and this was also delivered quickly and was actually not bad. Breakfast is well worth it, and there is pretty much something for everyone.
The only small concern with the hotel itself, is the amount of staff at reception. While all the staff I dealt with were great, invariably I had to wait on all but one occassion when I was interacting at reception. I would still recommend the hotel as a good option in a good location.
My biggest frustration (and not with the hotel) is with the Accor Hotels website and supposed customer service, especially when I complained. There is no escalation matrix and I am still waiting for feedback for 2 complaints I registered BEFORE I left for Bangkok. This lack of feedback almost resulted in me cancelling the booking, but thankfully the poor service from the website did not continue in the hotel. Normally I would not include this in a review, but seeing as they (Accor) have not bothered to contact me via there normal channels, I have included in the review.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Novotel Bangkok on Siam Square is a 4 star hotel in the vibrant centre of Bangkok. With 423 well appointed rooms, this is the perfect destination for both business trips and holidays. Guests can relax by our pool, in one of our 5 bars, or be temptedby the delicious choices available in our 3 restaurants, while our conference facilities are perfect for meetings and functions. Close to transport, entertainment and shopping, the hotel is ideally located. Parking is available for your convenience. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, ACCOR, Ctrip TA and Agoda so you can book your Novotel Bangkok on Siam Square reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Novotel Bangkok On Siam Square Hotel Bangkok
- Accor Bangkok On Siam Square
- Bangkok Novotel