“Great location but what else?”

Novotel Bangkok on Siam Square
Ranked #174 of 889 Hotels in Bangkok
Reviewed October 18, 2012

Stayed here for 2 nights on a business trip.

This hotel is situated opposite a big shopping mall and has a train station next to it. Stayed in a standard room as the executive rooms were not available. Even thought the standard rooms are renovated, it is still a very basic room and will advise you to get the executive rooms if possible.

The standard of breakfast had also deteriorated since my last visit. The fried rice was cold and too oily. The soup noodles were also cooked carelessly and tasted too sweet..... Its such a pity that little care is given to the cooking of the wonderfull spread of food available.

Had stayed here on multiple occassions and have this feeling that the hotel is moving towards catering to the mass tourist market and relying solely on its location to attract occupants,

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank ErWei001
QMR, Resident Manager at Novotel Bangkok on Siam Square, responded to this reviewResponded October 24, 2012

Dear ErWei001,
Thank you for sharing your experience and I have noted with regret that we did not meet your expectation during breakfast. Your comment has been raised both with the service team and our Executive Chef for immediate improvement. Your feedback gives us the opportunity to serve you better and look forward to providing you with a better experience soon.

A TripAdvisor Member
Singapore
Reviewed October 18, 2012

This is my 6th time going back to Novotel Siam Square. I have to say this time I was disappointed with the service of the hotel. First of all was the mistake (which I have to admit it was my fault for not checking) from the internet booking. I have made booking for 2 rooms but only 1 room was confirmed. I was made waiting at the front desk for more than half an hour for this confusion. Then I have made request for connecting rooms and late check out upon getting my room cards. I do understand that upon checking in the hotel, when the rooms were not available but when the front desk staff told me he will let me change the room on the 2nd day upon checked in, I think it is only right for him or another staff to let me know if this request cannot be met. Then on the day of checking out, imagine my surprise when I called the front desk to confirm which is the room for the late check out (I requested for just 1 room as I felt that it was unreasonable to request for 2 rooms), their answer to my question was there were no request made! I really felt disappointed as I have always love staying at Novotel Siam Square as not only their hotel was comfortable with a good location, their staffs has always made me feel welcome upon stepping into the hotel. With this recent visit, I am seriously considering if I should still stay at the same hotel, or to venture out with hope of better service...

Overall, other than the service, the hotel remain as comfortable as always and the location is still the best in my heart...

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank A TripAdvisor Member

Dear an Accorhotels.com traveler,
Your continuous support is very much appreciated and if our employees failed to provide you flawless service during your recent stay in our hotel, please kindly accept my sincerest apologies. Your comment does not in any way reflect the service we want to offer to our guests and I have addressed this matter with the reception team. Please rest assured that our Front Office Manager will take the necessary steps to improve the quality of service and we graciously look forward to your seventh visit.

Reviewed October 18, 2012

There are many hotels in Bangkok and after some consideration, I decided to try Novotel Siam Square.

Arrived at Bangkok International airport, I decided to try taking the train. It cost me 45bahts from the airport to Phaya Thai station and then 2 stations by BTS (20bahts) to Siam station. From the station, 2 -3 mins walk to the hotel. The whole journey took within 1 hour! No traffic jam! The taxi trip from hotel to airport, however, cost me 400bahts!

Novotel is at a great location! Next to the Siam BTS station and walking distance to Siam Paragon, MBK and with many eateries and shops just around the hotel!

The staff were friendly and the room was clean and comfortable. Complimentary bottles of water in the room. breakfast spread was good and delicious!

For me, it is important to find a hotel that is conveniently located (near transport and shopping malls) and also the room has to be clean and comfortable. I am glad to have stayed at Novotel Siam Square and certainly looking forward to staying there again!

Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo

Dear sawbear1608,
We are honored for an opportunity to serve you and super delighted to be your hotel choice in Bangkok. It is with pleasure to note that you were pleased with our convenient location, clean and comfortable room, variety delicious breakfast, and hospitality service. We love to have you back here again too.

Reviewed October 18, 2012

Stayed for 3 nights at the start of our honeymoon..... Great location, close to shopping centres and little street markets. The service was exceptional. Very friendly staff that were always polite and helpful. The Novotel on Siam Sq is not too expensive but still very good quality. Only negative is the bed was very hard (we like soft beds). We woke most mornings with a sore back or neck. Never fear though, they have a day spa or there are a number of massage places around the hotel. Would definitely recommend the food here, their international buffet was awesome and cheap, with many different choices that were delicious. We had breakfast included in our stay. highly recommend

Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple

Dear B_and_D_35,
We are delighted to note that you had a pleasant honeymoon in our hotel, despite the discomfort caused by the bedding. During your next stay, we are able to provide you with a mattress-topper to soften the bed, providing you with a more comfortable sleeping experience. Otherwise, we are so glad that we could meet your need in every way. We hope to have a pleasure to welcome you again.

Reviewed October 16, 2012

We stayed here only for 2 nights but found this hotel very good. The staff are very friendly and always smiling. This is what can make the difference between 5 star hotels. I would like to congratulate the staff and management on making us feel so welcome. This is what I expect and Novotel on Siam delivered. Bravo.
We stayed on the Executive floor and the room was wonderful and the executive lounge area on the ground floor was also good. As should be expected for paying for an executive floor, breakfast was served in the lounge on the ground floor, light refreshments during the day and also canapés and drinks for a few hours in the evening. We don't bother with eating out at night when staying in executive rooms in hotels offering canapés, as these are usually so delicious and not many people about so we tend to try all that is on offer. There was also a large selection and plenty of drinks choices as well.
I find nothing negative I could say either about the hotel, its location, the staff or the food. I would certainly stay here again and tell other people about our wonderful experience.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple

Dear OzzieMuse,
Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your wonderful experience during your stay in Novotel Bangkok on Siam Square. We are thrilled that our products and services enhanced your stay and happy that you enjoyed your stay in our Premier room and the amenities and services offered at the Premier Lounge. Without any hesitation, I will share your appreciation with the team, of which I am sure they will be delighted to hear. We look forward to offering you a wonderful experience again in the near future.

Reviewed October 15, 2012

Great rooms, have everything you need. Staff service was great, any questions asked were answered. The restaurant was also amazing and provided all types of food. Location is also perfect as it's close to numerous shopping malls which you are able to walk to. Great value, enjoyable stay.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with friends

Dear Massim0456,
Thank you for choosing us as your accommodation of choice during your recent trip to Bangkok and for sharing your comments with others. I am pleased to read that you consider our products and services value for money and that you and your friends had an enjoyable stay. We look forward to welcoming you and your friends again soon.

Reviewed October 15, 2012

I have stayed here for every one of my trip to Bkk for the last 10 trips. I tend to hotel hop at least 3 times during my trip, but this hotel has the best location for me (shopping), Rooms are nice, as well as the staff, usually. Rest assured, this is a good hotel!

Stayed: December 2011, traveled as a couple

Dear SiamKat,
Thank you for your loyalty and we are honored to learn the you appreciate our services and amenities, in fact that you consider us your hotel of choice. We look forward to your next stay with us.