Stayed at the Fortune (as it's locally known) for 2 nights. The hotel is pretty old, but nevertheless, is pretty good. The buffets at the restaurant was great. The staff friendly. Stayed in the deluxe room. Was comfortable and cosy. The hotel is located near the nightlife district. As such, there are lots of clubs, pubs, karaoke and massage joints around the area. There's a shopping mall (IT Mall) attached to the hotel, but it's not as good as other areas. Note though that other than the IT Mall, there's not much shopping to be done near the hotel after dark. Other popular shopping areas like MBK and Siam Square are easily accessible by MRT or taxis. Expect to take 30mins to reach the MBK from the hotel by taxi (~80bth). The MRT is attached to the hotel too, and taxis are easily available. The hotel is also located about 30 mins from the new international airport. Overall, a good hotel to stay in.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Rises 26 floors, Grand Mercure Bangkok Fortune is annexed to Fortune Town, IT Mall and the new Grand Central Rama 9 modern shopping mall. Enjoy easy access to expressways. MRT station (subway) at doorsteps. All 400 tastefully furnished bedrooms are equipped with individual controlled aircon, bathtub and/or shower, minibar, electronic safe, movie & satellite tv channels, IDD & internet service. Massage, sauna & outdoor pool on podium floor. 24-hour room service plus a choice of fine cruisines: Chinese, Japanese and international dishes. 3 Buffet meals available plus options on a-la-carte from noon. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Travelocity, Ctrip TA, ACCOR and Agoda so you can book your Grand Mercure Bangkok Fortune reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grand Mercure Fortune Bangkok Hotel Bangkok
- Grand Accor Fortune Bangkok