Staff were excellent throughout my stay, particularly Bo Ram Park who assisted with my check in and ensured things went smoothly for my stay. She speaks excellent English, having been raised in New Zealand, and was very practical, and gave me a 1400 hours check out, which was perfect for my flight.. Excellent customer relations from the beginning made me feel special, so thank you.
The room had been renovated. It had good views over the big Rama 9 Asok Rd intersection, and I could see far into the distance. The bed was comfortable. The bathroom had good water pressure and plenty of hot water. Complimentary fruit was a nice touch too.
There were some issues with the TV, the satellite server had gone down, but there were still plenty of channels anyway.
The decor of the pool and sauna was a step back in time, kind of funny. The sauna worked well and the pool was cool. The pool area is an L shape and the deck chairs are around the corner, hosting young Russians catching some sun. The sauna is free, great, as many hotels of this level have them in pay per use spas.
Breakfast was a decent spread. Not lavish, but plenty of selections for Asian and Western palates.
Location is great. Access to many forms of public transport, including the underground and one stop from the airport link train. If you want to shop there are loads within a few minutes walk, with the new Central Plaza on Ratchadapisek, anchored by Robinsons.
If you want to sample the huge outdoor beer drinking and entertainment venues, there is one near the Tesco Lotus.
I secured an excellent deal directly through Accor for this hotel. If you can find a cheap rate, then it offers an excellent deal, especially if you want access to shops and transport, but don't need to be near all the tourists. Being on the underground is pretty much the same as being on the skytrain.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Rises 26 floors, Grand Mercure Bangkok Fortune is annexed to Fortune Town, IT Mall and the new Grand Central Rama 9 modern shopping mall. Enjoy easy access to expressways. MRT station (subway) at doorsteps. All 400 tastefully furnished bedrooms are equipped with individual controlled aircon, bathtub and/or shower, minibar, electronic safe, movie & satellite tv channels, IDD & internet service. Massage, sauna & outdoor pool on podium floor. 24-hour room service plus a choice of fine cruisines: Chinese, Japanese and international dishes. 3 Buffet meals available plus options on a-la-carte from noon. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with ACCOR, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Hotwire, Ctrip TA, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, Priceline, HotelQuickly and HRS so you can book your Grand Mercure Bangkok Fortune reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grand Mercure Fortune Bangkok Hotel Bangkok
- Grand Accor Fortune Bangkok