Stayed in the hotel in October 2012 and was shocked that it was under renovations. I was not informed that a major renovation current going on - it was not stated in the website nor was I informed when I called to confirm my reservations. Reception was at a make shift area near the adjacent mall.
As I had arrived at midnight, couldn't change to one of Bangkok's many other hotels. We were assigned a standard room which was spacious and clean. They couldn't upgrade me despite being a LeClub Platinum members, as only one type of room is available due to the renovations.
Bed was comfortable, although the electrical plug points wasn't working all the time.
I put a do-not-disturb sign as we were very tired from the flight and was waken at 8am on a Saturday morning by very loud drilling sound!
I called and asked for a refund as I couldn't sleep at all - but decided not to, as the staff sounded like he's going to get a heart attack.
We had a late night out on Saturday, returned to the hotel at 4am and guess what - the drilling started again at 8am on a SUNDAY morning!
Generally regretted the stay, despite the staff trying their best to accommodate my many requests.
Pros: Friendly, well trained staff. Excellent location next to a mall (the mall across the road was larger and much nicer!) and subway.
Cons: NOISY renovations. DO NOT STAY until they complete their renovations.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Rises 26 floors, Grand Mercure Bangkok Fortune is annexed to Fortune Town, IT Mall and the new Grand Central Rama 9 modern shopping mall. Enjoy easy access to expressways. MRT station (subway) at doorsteps. All 400 tastefully furnished bedrooms are equipped with individual controlled aircon, bathtub and/or shower, minibar, electronic safe, movie & satellite tv channels, IDD & internet service. Massage, sauna & outdoor pool on podium floor. 24-hour room service plus a choice of fine cruisines: Chinese, Japanese and international dishes. 3 Buffet meals available plus options on a-la-carte from noon. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with ACCOR, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Hotwire, Expedia, Travelocity, Ctrip TA, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Priceline, HotelQuickly and HRS so you can book your Grand Mercure Bangkok Fortune reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grand Mercure Fortune Bangkok Hotel Bangkok
- Grand Accor Fortune Bangkok