Following our earlier stay in June 2007 decided to return in December because of the proximity of shopping mall and underground access to Skytrain and city sites.
Hotel is good value for money when booked through agents but this can lead to being treated as second class guests by hotel when being allocated facilities and breakfast arrangements. We stayed for a split two weeks and they tried insisting we take breakfast on the 12th floor for the second where the overall standard and amenity was appalling! Their command of English is good but quickly disappears when it suits them!
Overall, standards are average to good although there is room for improvement in most areas.
Although I would not discount staying here again I will certainly be looking around elsewhere more closely before making a decision.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Rises 26 floors, Grand Mercure Bangkok Fortune is annexed to Fortune Town, IT Mall and the new Grand Central Rama 9 modern shopping mall. Enjoy easy access to expressways. MRT station (subway) at doorsteps. All 400 tastefully furnished bedrooms are equipped with individual controlled aircon, bathtub and/or shower, minibar, electronic safe, movie & satellite tv channels, IDD & internet service. Massage, sauna & outdoor pool on podium floor. 24-hour room service plus a choice of fine cruisines: Chinese, Japanese and international dishes. 3 Buffet meals available plus options on a-la-carte from noon. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, Agoda, Booking.com, ACCOR, Hotels.com, Expedia, Ctrip TA, Orbitz, Travelocity, HotelQuickly, Hotwire and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Grand Mercure Bangkok Fortune reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grand Mercure Fortune Bangkok Hotel Bangkok
- Grand Accor Fortune Bangkok