1,536 results
All reviewscentral worldploenchit roadnorth wingihg memberpriority clubamarin plazasky walkchit lom bts stationerawan shrinemajor mallsexcellent locationwalking distancethai restaurantbig cshopping districtbusiness tripsky train station
Reviewed May 1, 2007

I stayed here as a treat to myself after a few weeks roughing it in various parts of S.E Asia. It was wonderful. The lobby is amazing and the rooms were lovely. They did wonderful food in the lobby/restaurant area and the value was great given the high standards. They had a nice pool/sports area where food and drink could be served. It was also nice and tranquil, away from the busy road.
The one downfall was the indian resaturant with live music. The entertainment was great but a little too in your face if you want to enjoy your dinner and I wasn't overly impressed with the food but all in all this was a great hotel to stay in.

• Stayed: May 2007, traveled with friends
1  Thank tartopher
Reviewed April 29, 2007

I go to Bangkok 3 times a year on the average the past 7 years and have stayed at the Oriental and Sukhothai hotels and also at budget ones like Baiyoke Sky. but early last year, I have decided that Holiday Inn Ploenchit is my favorite in Bangkok. The hotel is newly refurbished so the rooms are very comfortable and plush. They even have a pillow and mattress menu. The lobby is also a looker. Who would have thought that this is a Holiday Inn? It's too stylish to be one. I was pleasantly surprised.

The location is very excellent, close to the train station and very close to the hip shopping areas like siam square and siam paragon, and walking distance to upscale shops like gaysorn, erawan, and cheaper shopping fare in pratunam district. You can also take the train to chatuchak weekend market, it takes 20 mins max.

But the best part is the price, it's the most value for money hotel I've stayed in, EVER. My last trip was $99 usd a night for a room w a king size bed and modern amenities. It's not too big but I thought that it's just as big as the Sukhothai hotel room I stayed in.

Comfort, aesthetics, location and price are all above average marks, high value for low money.

Stay in the tower that is farther away from the lobby. It's quieter and smells better (I think the front tower is a smoking room tower, yuck).

• Stayed: March 2007, traveled on business
6  Thank rotorres
Reviewed April 22, 2007

The Holiday Inn is very well located as the Skytrain is just in front of the hotel so it's very easy to move in Bangkok. The hotel is also close to shopping centers such as Central, Siam Paragon, MBK so there is lots of things to do around it.
The hotel is very design, the staff is very welcoming and Cafe G gives you a nice outlook of Bangkok' streets.
I would advise you to go to the chinese restaurant in the Intercontinental which is just opposite the Holiday Inn as the Dim Sum are amazing.

• Stayed: April 2007, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Genynch
Reviewed April 14, 2007

I stayed here in Feb 2007 for a one night stopover. The hotel is modern and in an excellent location. It is 5 mins walk from a skytrain station, has a shooping centre opposite (Boots, McDonalds, Starbucks etc) and is very central in Bangkok. It's far away from the girly bar areas and very suitable for famillies. Taxi from the airport is around 300Baht.

Even though I had paid with priority club points, I was upgraded to a superior room in the North tower. The room was modern, a good size, well furnished and pretty quiet - an achievement in downtown Bangkok!

The pool area is peaceful and in a very pleasant setting. I had a swim, sunbathe and an excellent caesar salad!

I would definitely stay here again!

Stayed: February 2007
2  Thank shropsman
Reviewed April 8, 2007

I have just returned from my first trip to Bangkok and thanks to Travel Adviser I was able to find this great hotel. My criteria's was to find a nice & relaxing hotel which was clean, and convenient to get around local areas. Holiday Inn gets a tick in all categories- rooms are clean, showers are great and staff are helpful and extremely friendly, however there are no baths . Location is excellent, close to many shopping centres such as Paragon. Chit Lom station is about 5 mins away. If you have researched many hotels and not sure which one to chose, you cant really go wrong with this beauty.

• Stayed: April 2007, traveled as a couple