“Good location, excellent service”

Holiday Inn Bangkok
Ranked #116 of 889 Hotels in Bangkok
Reviewed October 4, 2013

Great 4 star hotel given the reasonable price. The Chit Lom BTS is just right outside the hotel and Shopping belt is less than 5 min walk from the hotel. Excellent service and good buffet breakfast. The room comes with safe, coffee making kettle, free daily 2 bottles of drinking water, 32" LCD TV, no bath tub but the shower facility is very good, king size bed.

The only down side if any is there is not view to speak of.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
santipong, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Bangkok, responded to this reviewResponded October 7, 2013

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you very much for your reviews on your recent stay at Holiday Inn Bangkok.

We are very pleased to hear that you had a wonderful stay and our hotel's location is convenient for you as well as the exceptional service and all facilities in room meet your expectation.

Your reviews will be shared among our team and it should be very useful for other visitors planning to visit Bangkok as well.

Warm regards,

Reviewed October 4, 2013

Very good hotel...proximity to the shopping centre...The rooms are spacious and clean. Restaurant is excellent and has a wide variety of food for the travellers...good service & hospitality....a value for money hotel

Room Tip: rooms facing the raod side will give you a nice scenic view.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed September 29, 2013

Very good location, near the main shopping centre. We stayed in the adjacent wing and the room was clean and bathroom was good.The swimming pool is good and so is the lobby. The south east asian restaurant is excellent and the breakfast spread was very good.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
santipong, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Bangkok, responded to this reviewResponded September 30, 2013

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you very much for your great feedback, we love to hear that you find our hotel location very convenience in shopping distance, exceptional hotel service and facilities especially the quality breakfast served at Cafe' G and cleanliness of the room which make your stay most remarkable.

We all looking forward to welcome you back again in the near future

Warm regards,

Reviewed September 26, 2013

Stayed in this hotel twice. As a repeat traveler I have found the staff consistently efficient, internet superb, food delicious and a wide-spectrum breakfast that anyone can find something they are very comfortable with. It is not overdecorated and gives a clean, comfortable feel. The pool is okay, the basement gym has the equipment I use and the changing rooms are very good. Excellent for work and for a vacation. The location is on the BTS which means one can go to most places by skytrain. For shopping enthusiasts Central Chidlom and Centralworld are 5 minutes walk away, as are the Amarin and the Erawan shrine. For off-market hours there is a 7-Eleven nearby. The lounge for preferred guests serves drinks and snacks for residents which is nice if you are working and don't have the time to go out and also nice if an unexpected visitor turns up. I left my phones while checking out by mistake on my first stay and they were able to safely hand them over. I was a satisfied customer.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Longtimeguest
Reviewed September 25, 2013

Good price, good value, convenience location, clean and spacey room. Good breakfast. Super economy hotel. However my room had bad odor, also maintenance looks a bit old and not well managed. But overall you paid what you get. Still recommend to business or leisure travelers.

Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank DashMen

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you very much for your comment on your recent visit at Holiday Inn Bangkok

We have noted your comment to assure that we will continue to improve and maimtenance our condition of the room to meet level of our standard and your expectation.

Thanks again for your valuable feedback and we look forward to welcome you back again.

Reviewed September 23, 2013

I returned after not being here for sometime - recently I have little call to visit Bangkok, although I am glad to say more visits are planned in the near future.

From arrival to leaving everything remains perfect for me in this hotel. The relaxed but vwery professional greetings on arrival, through room allocation (and upgrade) were perfect.

Rooms remain very good quality (maybe slightly smaller than some competitors in Bangkok, but fine). The bathrooms are great with excellent consumables and I had forgotten how good the showers are.

The links to Central World and the locations on the way by the sky walk really link this hotel to the centre of the city and take out some of the pain for returning visitors (if it is your first time - walk the streets a few times to get more flavour).

The only irk (and it is my first with this hotel in many years) was that I requested from Guest Services a Private Taxi for my journey to Pattaya. This I booked and the Guest Services rep even pointed out a similar car to me when I quizzed that it was a private car.

I could have booked a hotel limo but it would cost far more and I did not need the luxury for a 1.5 hour journey. I also could have saved by booking a Taxi Meter (standard BKK taxi), but these are less comfortable and sometime the driving is a bit much to bear for a journey longer than 15 minutes.

On leaving I was presented with a Taxi-Meter, just not running on meter. I could have got this for 50% of the price I paid and it was not what I ordered.

Given that I was with my girlfriend and it was her first visit, I did not complain, but accepted it. Fortunately she slept as the Taxi driver was true Bangkok - playing with 3 mobile phones whilst driving and almost having an accident.

Its a pity because this is either down to poor training (hard to believe in this hotel) or a reoccurance of an old scam where the hotel rep gets a kick-back from putting business to his "mate".

It is a pity as every othertime I have managed to get exactly what I wanted (Private Taxi) and do hope this is a one-off that the hotel will investigate and resolve.

And here is the thing - its one small irk in many visits - I will be back.

Room Tip: Smile and if you have a loyalty card - present it.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Hawkwind1966
santipong, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Bangkok, responded to this reviewResponded September 24, 2013

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you very much for sharing your feedback on your previous stay at Holiday Inn Bangkok, we are very glad to hear that you have enjoyed your stay with exceptional service provided by our staff.

For the inconvenience experience you have encountered with the taxi , we have seriously taking note and brought up to share with our team to assure that this kind of unprofessional service and incident not repeat again in the future. We are confident that we will take the necessary steps to continuously improve our product and services.

We all looking forward to welcomming you back again at very soon time

Reviewed September 21, 2013

The hotel offers a great location with a great level of service given the price you pay. Hotel offers a decent club lounge w good gym facilities. Pool is not attractive though. Although for the club lounge..the hotel has a great happy hour and also pizza offering!

• Stayed: September 2013
2  Thank Ashz78
santipong, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Bangkok, responded to this reviewResponded September 23, 2013

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you very much for your kind support on your recent visit at Holiday Inn Bangkok, we all appreciated and with the great pleasure for your comment on our service of our staff, the facilities on the Club lounge, quality of food provided at Happy hour.

We do asure that we will continue to maintain our product & service to exceed your expectation at all time.